My family of 4 (2 adults n 2 young kids) stayed here for 7 nights. Hopefully I m able to summarize my review succinctly:
This place has lots going for it. It's a sprawling resort with beautifully manicured grounds. It is located within walking distance to several food outlets/restaurants... It has a beautiful beach n 3 gorgeous pools...it has friendly staff who always greet you when they see you...and the room that I stayed in (Radisson Suite) was very spacious, and offered a breathtaking unblocked view of the beach and sea.
To provide an objective review (though I must say I am rather partial towards this resort), here are some comments pertaining to some of the areas which I hope the management & staff can be proud of, as well as take note of, for improvement:
- I stayed at Radisson one bedroom suite 6405. The room was very clean and made up each day. Can't find fault with housekeeping. Before I booked I couldn't understand what "one bedroom" referred to on its website. Now I know it probably refers to 1 living/bedroom, 1 huge walk-in wardrobe+shower+ bathroom area (partitioned from bedroom via a wooden sliding door), and a huge balcony where you can sit n relax on the recliners n enjoy the wonderful sea breeze.
- Unfortunately, the aircon in room 6405 was way too cold. Not sure if thermostat was faulty, but on the first night, I left the aircon at 28 deg celcius, and fan speed at the lowest, and it was still very cold. Thank God I brought a thin cardigan along to keep me warmer at night. The next day the maintenance guy came to fix the aircon but there was no improvement. In fact the aircon broke down shortly after that, n had to be fixed again. After the aircon was fixed I didn't dare ask maintenance to solve the thermostat problem in case it broke down again. So I lived with the very cold temperature in my room daily.
- There was no electric plug in the bathroom area for a hair dryer. So I was told by the staff to connect it to the study table switches. But there was no mirror there. Hotel
should look into installing a mirror at work desk or a plug I'm toilet area.
Hotel is in Cape Panwa which is away from the hustle n bustle of the busy beaches like Patong. So if u stay here u must b mentally prepared that u are abt 45mins from Patong or 20mins from Phuket town. We knew we wanted a tranquil beachside location so it was good for us
- there are restaurants near the hotel. Opposite there is Treetops Restaurant. If u walk out of Radisson n u turn left n walk leisurely abt 8 mins u will reach a promenade area where there are some more restaurants like Kaeng Lay n Sawasdee. We recommend Sawasdee for its local dishes n good service. We ate at the Azur at Radisson one night n the seafood platter was fresh n delicious. Can try if u have the budget for a meal at a romantic classy restaurant.
- we also tried dinner one night at The Chalet Cuisine near Makham Bay. It's the restaurant of a boutique hotel abt 5 mins drive away. Food was great. Free pick-up by hotel if u call
Generally the service by the hotel was prompt n friendly. What really impressed me though was when I asked for a late check-out for my suite till 6pm and though my suite wasn't available, they actually shifted me to a new room (at no charge) so that my kids could nap before the 10pm flight. And they gave me a room on the same floor so it made the shifting of luggages easier. That was 6 star service! Excellent "100% Satisfaction" Policy
D) BEACH & FACILITIES
- Excellent Kids Club. Well organized, clean n capable staff who can do art n craft with yr kids.
- Beach is perfect for young kids cos the waters r calm n shallow. And when it's low tide u can walk out for miles to search for hermit crabs, clams n all. V nice.
- 3 adult pools of which 2 are beachside. Very nice n suitable for kids. It never seems over crowded. There is an additional small kids pool outside the Kids Club.
Overall, I would highly recommend this place if u have young kids. Even couples would enjoy this place because it is very romantic. We saw a lot of couples on honeymoon there. We checked out Cape Panwa hotel n by comparison, the Radisson is WAY better in that it is more modern, convenient and provides better service. So if u r looking to stay in Cape Panwa area, choose the Radisson!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The resort features 211 guest accommodations in contemporary Thai decor including spacious pool villas, three free-form swimming pools, a children’s pool with waterslide, a well-being spa, fitness center, complimentary non-motorized water sports, and free wireless access throughout the resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Pullman Phuket Panwa Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Radisson Blu Plaza Resort Phuket Panwa Beach Hotel Cape Panwa
- Pullman Phuket Panwa Beach Resort Cape Panwa