Stayed here for 5D4N over the CNY holidays--couldn't have made a better choice!
Previously I had some concern on the fact that the resort is an island and hence might get a bit bored after a couple of days, but this was certainly not the case!
Smooth transfer from the airport to the marina, and a quick and enjoyable speedboat transfer to the island in just under 45mins, we were greeted by Erich , the hotel GM, and were transferred to our villa for checkin.
We booked a beachfront pool villa, and this is definitely a must! There are 3 such villas and we were given villa 68--this is the "least" private of the 3 in the sense that the vegetation does not cover the villa from the beach, but we loved it as we can see the sea from our villa, villa pool and enjoy a bit more sunshine in the villa as well. There were some problems with the booking from the resort side but the staff were very apologetic and offered a couple of alternatives that we were very happy with-ended up having villa 69 (a beachfront villa with no pool) next to us in addition to villa 68 for the first 3 nights and having to move to villa 69 for the final night.
The villa is not particularly spacious in the main bedroom, but the changing room, with the outdoor shower, outdoor bath and the pool and sala make the whole villa massive (the pool villa also has a separate air condition dining room next to the pool)
Each of these beach front villas have a "de facto" private beach as these are towards one end of the resort and with very few people passing by, definitely very private.
Food and Dining
Breakfast is at Tonsai, one of the two restaurant, and it was fine (could do with a few more Asian and Western offerings though), and the live noodle cooking station is a highlight for breakfast! We tried lunch and dinner there as well and would say the Thai dishes are generally more well done than the western dishes (the fish and chips was pretty amazing though). The only improvement I would say is the restaurant can be a bit slow at times--seems like they serve on a table by table basis. Otherwise pretty happy with Tonsai
We tried My Grill for the one night, as for SPG members you get 15% off food which is a nice touch, and the seafood was very fresh and we had one of the "sunken table" which was very nice
One highlight of the trip was the CNY dinner--buffet in the open area next to the restaurants. The food was fine, but the shows especially the lion dance was spectacular, and I must say the management team has put in a lot of effort and time ensure the performances were of the highest quality, well done!
One of the must dos on this island is the kayak trip round the island--you get a certificate upon the completion as well. I recommend doing this with two person, should be able to do it in c. 1.5hrs--the scenery is absolutely beautiful but be mindful of other parts of the island where waves maybe a big stronger and bigger.
The pool is very nice, and service very good from the staff--you can also opt for the sun loungers by the beach (but we preferred the ones by our villa which were more private)
We tried the spa and the massages were excellent--I highly recommend the Indigenous Naka Massage.
We were extremely happy with our choice--the highlight is of course the staff-- most of the staff knew our name by heart throughout our stay in the resort, and the staff remembered the little touches/special requests that we put in, absolutely amazing! Amazing time at this place and definitely looking to return soon!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled among stunning beaches, lush coconut groves, with never-ending views of the emerald-green Andaman Sea and idyllic landscapes of the Phuket coastline, The Naka Island is an exclusive boutique resort on Naka Yai Island, located just off the Phuket coast. While just 25 minutes from Phuket International Airport, The Naka Island is accessible only by private speedboat, making it a uniquely private and intimate retreat. The resort offers 67 villas that are magnificently appointed with private plunge pools and tropical gardens, along with an incomparable spa facility, access to countless outdoor recreation opportunities, and uncompromising service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Amex, Starwood APAC, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo, Travelocity, Agoda and Jetsetter so you can book your The Naka Island, A Luxury Collection Resort & Spa Phuket reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Naka Island, a Luxury Collection Resort And Spa Phuket
- The Naka Island, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa Phuket Hotel Ko Nakha Yai
- The Naka Island, A Luxury Collection Resort & Spa Phuket Thailand