The Naka Island, A Luxury Collection Resort & Spa Phuket
Chandara Resort & Spa(Pa Khlok)(Great Value!)
$128
$97
Agoda.com
COMO Point Yamu, Phuket(Pa Khlok)(Great Value!)
$240
$192
Trip.com
Wanaburi Hotel(Thalang District)(Great Value!)
$173
$155
$93
Savings alert! 27% below average rates

The price you found is 27% lower than this hotel's average rate of $128/night.

Thanyapura Health & Sports Resort(Thalang District)(Great Value!)
$132
$80
$77
$73
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $81/night.

Windee House(Thalang District)(Great Value!)
$25
$24
Agoda.com
CA Residence(Phuket Town)(Great Value!)
$25
Impress Resort(Thalang District)
$63
$58
1,010 results
All reviewssteam roomsix sensesprivate poolsea view villafree ice creamtropical villaexecutive chefphang nga baymain islandbathroom areagrand marinaao po marinaao porguest experience managergrill restaurantsmall islandmain pool
Reviewed December 26, 2013

We were searching for a relaxing island resort to spend our Christmas holidays with our four year old daughter and we chose to visit Naka Island in Phuket, Thailand.

The Naka Island proved to be an especially good choice for us and it did deliver everything that a good five star resort should do plus it had very cool and unique island atmosphere including nearby mangrove forest. I would highly recommend resort’s beach front pool villas – they’re much better compared normal pool villas. Villas itself were really nice, very spacious and unique. Semi-outdoor bathroom was excellent and made the villas feel a bit like rural cottage, but naturally with all the five star luxuries. I personally did enjoy the steam option found in the shower.

Almost everything they do in this resort is a five star quality. We did also enjoy that the resort was not filled with everything possible imaginable, instead it only had the necessary luxuries, still maintaining type of island uniqueness very rarely found in five star quality.

Even though it was high season, resort was not full, which was even nicer. In this resort, you don’t need to find that all beach chairs taken, pool is full, have to queue to the restaurant or hear karaoke sang by drunken tourists in the evenings. It was a perfect holiday getaway that it is hard to match by other resorts. If it gets bit too relaxing or quiet, you can always take free speed boat ride to mainland to enjoy Phuket town.

There were some complaints about the beach on this site, but we felt that the beach was quite adequate for us, except having some loose rocks on the beach. Somebody also complaint about the price of the food, but hey, this is a five star luxury resort and quality of food and restaurants was really good. There were also plenty of vegetarian food available. We chose full board for the whole family.

Plusses:
- Nice transport from airport by BMW and speedboat
- Only 69 villas and smooth in-villa check-in
- Very relaxing island resort, hussle-free atmosphere
- Free bicycles and buggys
- Child-friendly with own game room and free beach toys
- Nerd-friendly with very good WIFI-coverage and speed
- Wife-friendly with SPA-treatments
- No fake reviews in Tripadvisor (plenty of resorts do this)

Minuses:
- Some rocks in the beach that could have been easily picked away, resort did have sand cleaning machine, but for some reason they did not use it in all parts of the beach
- A bit noisy A/C

Tips:
- Choose full or half board to save some money in food (but maybe not for the kids)
- Choose beach front villa (it will be worth of the money)
- Swimsuit, shorts and shirts – that’s all you need (laundry available)

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank SuperSamuli
Erich_FRIEDL, General Manager at The Naka Island, A Luxury Collection Resort & Spa Phuket, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2014

Dear SuperSamuli,

Thank you for posting your 5 star review of our property on the Trip Advisor website.
Your feedback has been shared with our team and I thank you for all of your compliments including your dining experiences with plenty of vegetarian options, spacious and private beach pool villa, smooth in-villa check in on arrival, child games room, complimentary WIFI service and Spa Naka treatments.

It is also wonderful to read that you were able to relax in our hussle-free island environment with your family and we truly do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to The Naka Island, A Luxury Collection Resort & Spa, Phuket in the near future.

Reviewed December 24, 2013

We visited the Naka Island Resort back in August, but only got around to writing a review for it now. However, we must say that we had such a wonderful experience that it has made a lasting impression in our minds. So, better late than never!

We chose the Naka Island Resort because we wanted a quiet, secluded spot for a relaxing vacation, and we can honestly say that this resort absolutely blew our expectations away in this regard. It absolutely felt like one of those places where you could forget everything and leave all your cares behind.

We must compliment the staff on their charming hospitality; particularly, a young lady named Sairom who was very friendly and made us feel extremely welcome. We arrived a little earlier than planned, so she gave us an impromptu tour of the resort while our villa was being prepared for us. She was very energetic and bubbly, and we found out she had only just started working there a few days ago. Her enthusiasm was really infectious, and certainly gave us an excellent first impression of the place!

We were very impressed with the resort amenities before even setting foot in our villa, in particular the pool and fitness center. We've seen pictures of the resort beforehand, but the real thing certainly did not disappoint. The villa itself was fantastic! It was significantly larger and more spacious than we thought it would be, and we had a great view of the beach and surrounding greenery. The villa was laid out in such a way that it felt very open, yet offered sufficient privacy to the occupants. The candlelit walkways were also a nice touch. Even though there was some rain during our stay, it did not deter us from using the open-air shower and bath, which we enjoyed very much!

Brunch and dinner at the Tonsai restaurant were always something to look forward to during our stay. The food was of top quality, particularly the seafood, which was incredibly fresh. We really loved being able to enjoy the gentle seabreeze and performances by the resident dance troupe while dining on some delicious Thai cuisine.

All in all, we had an awesome experience at the Naka Island Resort and we would definitely recommend it to any of our friends looking for a vacation spot!

Room Tip: Book your spa appointment early
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Erich_FRIEDL, General Manager at The Naka Island, A Luxury Collection Resort & Spa Phuket, responded to this reviewResponded December 29, 2013

Dear Jspn,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us recently at The Naka Island resort & Spa, Phuket and for taking the time to post your review online.

It is with delight that I read that you had such a nice time during your stay and appreciate your compliments of our private luxury villas, pool and fitness centre, plus your dining experiences at Tonsai restaurant while being entertained by traditional Thai dancers.

Your feedback will be shared with the Naka Island team and your kind words regarding our charming and hospitable Ambassadors, with special mention to Khun Sairom, will be greatly appreciated.

I am also grateful that you recommend our resort to your friends and other travelers and hope to have the chance to welcome you back to The Naka Island when you next visit Phuket.

Kind Regards

Reviewed December 22, 2013 via mobile

On the 3rd leg of our 2 week honeymoon we spent 3 nights on Naka Island. After a luxurious stay at 137 Pilliars House in Chiang Mai, I was looking forward to the relaxing beach portion of our trip. What we got instead was more like a low(er) budget version of I Still Know What You Did Last Summer. The most luxe part of the trip was getting picked up from the airport in a BMW 7 series followed by the private 5 minute boat trip from the marina to the resort.

Ambiance: the entire structure reminded me of bedrock. If the Flinstones were to go on vacation, this is where it would be. Cement block buildings everywhere. The infinity pool was quite beautiful, although the landscaping around it was poor and made it feel more like the watersports area at sleep away camp. The brown beach towels were another bad choice, but I will try not to be too picky. While the view was lovely, I didn't come half way around the world to stay on a secluded island where my view is of a marina. I will give credit where credit is due and say that the sunset from the Z bar was beautiful. Highlight of the stay!

Rooms: I've stayed at luxury hotels around the world and am shocked that this place even remotely thinks it is anywhere near that level. The beds were big and comfortable, but the throw pillows and bench seats had stains everywhere. The private pool is a nice touch, but we didn't get much use out of it. The bathrooms are where things turned south for me. Had I known they were outdoor bathrooms I would have never even agreed to stay here, but unfortunately my husband was in charge of booking and somehow missed this aspect. They were enclosed with mesh, but as someone who frequently gets up in the middle of the night to use the restroom, I was petrified. The closet area was back there as well so I had to keep all of my clothes zipped up in my suitcase. The heat also made it nearly impossible to do your hair and makeup back there. It wasn't until the next morning when I woke up and went to take a shower that I really lost it. I know we are on an island, but that still does not mean I want to be greater by a giant cockroach under my towel.

Service: everyone was very sweet, but at the same time running around like chickens with their heads cut off. Zero organization at the restaurants. 5 different people would come to take your order and it would take 20+ minutes for food to arrive although there were only 2 other people seated. The nurse in the spa was lovely and helpful when my neck was bothering me and I also received a wonderful massage.

Food: appalling. The fruit in the breakfast buffet was covered in bugs. The pad thai was extremely rubbery and everything else was just bad. We tried to stick to smoothies and toast and didn't even bother attempting to eat at the "nicer" restaurant assuming it would be a waste of money. The only 2 restaurants were literally side by side and even shared an (outdoor) bathroom.

I do see the appeal if I didn't know any better, but when it comes to hotels I admit I am a snob. And when it came to my honeymoon I was expecting only the best. There are so many other gorgeous options for the same price and I'm thankful this wasn't our last stop as it left such a bad taste (literally) in our mouths! This was also the only stop during our honeymoon where we received zero honeymoon perks. All of our other stops made up the bed with rose petals, gave us a complimentary bottle of champagne, and a dessert.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
6  Thank SarahAcks

Dear SarahAcks,

Thank you for your Trip Advisor review following your stay with us at The Naka Island, A Luxury Collection Resort & Spa in November.

Firstly let me personally congratulate you and your husband on your recent wedding. We were obviously most disappointed to read your comments from your stay. Particularly given we consistently receive positive reviews about our resort and its facilities on Trip Advisor.

In following up your feedback, we checked all the reservation details from your booking and unfortunately were unable to find any comments provided to advise this was a honeymoon reservation, therefore our honeymoon amenities were not provided. Given we are a chosen destination for many honeymoon couples, we would have had no hesitation in providing these amenities, should we have known. The only request listed was a request for a non smoking villa, which was provided. I have also reviewed our daily resort logs for any comments or complaints during your stay, which would have allowed us to address your concerns, for which there were none.

We certainly appreciate the positive aspects of your review of the resort including the sunset at Z Bar, the infinity pool, our massage treatments and our resort nurse. Our private island look and feel is why so many of our customers rate us so highly and continue to return.

I wish you and your husband well in your future travels.

Kind Regards

Reviewed December 14, 2013

I went to the semi-private island resort which is a 5-min boat ride to celebrate my partner's birthday. We spent 4 nights.

In terms of facilities and of course, cost, this is definitely one of Starwood's premier resorts. My personal take that it is worth paying for but for a few kinks that need to be rectified before it can truly compete with much grander and less pricey resort options on the mainland.

I was graciously upgraded to a sea-view villa as it was low-season but I must say even if I had to pay a top-up for it---the view alone is really worth the extra cash.

Many staff members are veterans from other high-end Starwood outfits and individually their service is impeccable and sincere as can be expected at such a resort.

However certain problem areas make me hesitant to see Naka as an option for a return trip, let alone a personal recommendation of mine:

1. The intra-staff communication system for guest requests, etc was woefully faulty at least for my stay. Requests for the timing of the delivery of a birthday cake (which I paid for) went awry. A request for WIFI (which is also chargeable) was acceded to by the phone operator but not noted by front desk. A request for two fried eggs to accompany a nasi goreng (fried rice) room service order was FOC on one day and cost me 20USD the next. I was told they were organic.

2. Which leads me to the next issue: Whether the resort's pricey F&B and expensive add-ons at every turn represents value and an enjoyable experience. Although the food was mostly good-especially the local fare--the main problem I have is the ridiculous costs of getting off the island. Even if the whole point is the seclusion and privacy--the resort needs to do more in having "all-in options". Having to pay heftily for wi-fi, food and transport is a lethal combo--when you just know you could be having better quality and variety just 10 mins away on the mainland. Something has to give and the proprietors should think about their guests first before the profit imperative--even when their guests are well-heeled.

3. The last thing and this bothered me the most was the distinct impression of being snubbed. We may be wrong but it seemed that the hotel manager, a kindly looking caucasian seemed astonishingly shy when it came to Asian guests. He was at pains to offer champagne to all other guests at the restaurant--but when it came to ours and also another Asian couples--there was no offer of drink or conversation. Personally we don't drink- but I couldn't help but feel unwelcomed by the display. This was in fact repeated, the subsequent day to the extent that we were trying to actively avoid the manager not wanting to cause him another bout of awkward shyness in him.

With such great beauty- The Naka Island has the potential the do much better. And when that time comes, I will be glad to return to it.

Room Tip: Get the sea facing villas. Worth the extra charge.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
7  Thank agnisoma
Erich_FRIEDL, General Manager at The Naka Island, A Luxury Collection Resort & Spa Phuket, responded to this reviewResponded December 22, 2013

Dear agnisoma,

Thank you for posting your 4 Star Review on Trip Adviser further your stay at The Naka Island back in April this year.

Your kind compliments are certainly welcome including your Sea View Pool Villa having an amazing view, the impeccable service from the resort Ambassadors, your Thai food dining experiences and for describing our property as one of Starwood’s premier resorts.

I am happy to inform you that a number of areas of our operation that you have mentioned in your feedback have been upgraded over the 9 months since you stayed with us including WiFi now being a complimentary service in all villas and public areas of the resort. Our breakfast buffet has always had a complimentary self serve sparkling wine station and with this proving to be so popular over the past 2 years, we have recently added a selection of liqueur mixers, a Bloody Mary station, plus fresh coconuts for our guests each morning if they choose too.

All of your comments have been shared with our team and I am sure that your expectations will be exceeded when you next visit The Naka Island, A Luxury Collection Resort & Spa, Phuket.

Reviewed December 9, 2013 via mobile

Piece of heaven. Best value for money. Speechless, everything was stunning. We highly recommand to take a longtail around the island. Spa treatment were great. Thanks to the entire staff for a unforgettable vacation.

• Stayed: December 2013
Erich_FRIEDL, General Manager at The Naka Island, A Luxury Collection Resort & Spa Phuket, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2013

Dear Mamrad,

Thank you for posting your wonderful 5 Star review on the Trip Advisor website following your stay with us at The Naka Island, A Luxury Collection Resort & Spa, Phuket.

It is extremely pleasing to read so many compliments in your feedback and I am delighted that you enjoyed your time with us so much and that our property and services exceeded your expectations.

Your kind words have been shared with all of our team and we hope you have the opportunity to experience The Naka Island once more when you next visit Phuket.