We were searching for a relaxing island resort to spend our Christmas holidays with our four year old daughter and we chose to visit Naka Island in Phuket, Thailand.
The Naka Island proved to be an especially good choice for us and it did deliver everything that a good five star resort should do plus it had very cool and unique island atmosphere including nearby mangrove forest. I would highly recommend resort’s beach front pool villas – they’re much better compared normal pool villas. Villas itself were really nice, very spacious and unique. Semi-outdoor bathroom was excellent and made the villas feel a bit like rural cottage, but naturally with all the five star luxuries. I personally did enjoy the steam option found in the shower.
Almost everything they do in this resort is a five star quality. We did also enjoy that the resort was not filled with everything possible imaginable, instead it only had the necessary luxuries, still maintaining type of island uniqueness very rarely found in five star quality.
Even though it was high season, resort was not full, which was even nicer. In this resort, you don’t need to find that all beach chairs taken, pool is full, have to queue to the restaurant or hear karaoke sang by drunken tourists in the evenings. It was a perfect holiday getaway that it is hard to match by other resorts. If it gets bit too relaxing or quiet, you can always take free speed boat ride to mainland to enjoy Phuket town.
There were some complaints about the beach on this site, but we felt that the beach was quite adequate for us, except having some loose rocks on the beach. Somebody also complaint about the price of the food, but hey, this is a five star luxury resort and quality of food and restaurants was really good. There were also plenty of vegetarian food available. We chose full board for the whole family.
- Nice transport from airport by BMW and speedboat
- Only 69 villas and smooth in-villa check-in
- Very relaxing island resort, hussle-free atmosphere
- Free bicycles and buggys
- Child-friendly with own game room and free beach toys
- Nerd-friendly with very good WIFI-coverage and speed
- Wife-friendly with SPA-treatments
- No fake reviews in Tripadvisor (plenty of resorts do this)
- Some rocks in the beach that could have been easily picked away, resort did have sand cleaning machine, but for some reason they did not use it in all parts of the beach
- A bit noisy A/C
- Choose full or half board to save some money in food (but maybe not for the kids)
- Choose beach front villa (it will be worth of the money)
- Swimsuit, shorts and shirts – that’s all you need (laundry available)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled among stunning beaches, lush coconut groves, with never-ending views of the emerald-green Andaman Sea and idyllic landscapes of the Phuket coastline, The Naka Island is an exclusive boutique resort on Naka Yai Island, located just off the Phuket coast. While just 25 minutes from Phuket International Airport, The Naka Island is accessible only by private speedboat, making it a uniquely private and intimate retreat. The resort offers 67 villas that are magnificently appointed with private plunge pools and tropical gardens, along with an incomparable spa facility, access to countless outdoor recreation opportunities, and uncompromising service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Amex, Booking.com, Starwood APAC, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline and Jetsetter so you can book your The Naka Island, A Luxury Collection Resort & Spa Phuket reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Naka Island, a Luxury Collection Resort And Spa Phuket
- The Naka Island, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa Phuket Hotel Ko Nakha Yai
- The Naka Island, A Luxury Collection Resort & Spa Phuket Thailand