Thought about many times visiting resorts in those islands off the East Phuket, after quite many visits at my favourite resorts from Natai beach to Khao Lak beach. My hesitation is on a long boat ride over 30 minutes, especially during the summer monsoon season. As I noticed Naka island is just 5 minute boat ride away from Grand Marina Ao Po, I decided to give it a try. Also, I am glad that it's now under the management of Starwood's Luxury Collection. First of all, all the staff in the resort are very friendly and spontaneously helpful. My Grill restaurant is worth trying. Tonsai is also good though in one of the Thai set dinner I tried is too salty (quite contrast to the other dinner and lunches I had). Overall, my stay is very pleasant.
Some tips - try to put all your belongings in the drawers or being covered. Found out quite many bugs' waste dropped from the rooftop, but that's very natural as the resort's original design is too raw with the dried plant being made for the rooftop. Also, found out quite some caterpillars and centipedes. Got a bite by a baby centipede but fortunately I brought my Zambuk (a local Thai ointment) to help ease the swelling. So please bring some medical stuff and most importantly insect repellent. These are what I usually bring along with me to tropical resorts.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled among stunning beaches, lush coconut groves, with never-ending views of the emerald-green Andaman Sea and idyllic landscapes of the Phuket coastline, The Naka Island is an exclusive boutique resort on Naka Yai Island, located just off the Phuket coast. While just 25 minutes from Phuket International Airport, The Naka Island is accessible only by private speedboat, making it a uniquely private and intimate retreat. The resort offers 67 villas that are magnificently appointed with private plunge pools and tropical gardens, along with an incomparable spa facility, access to countless outdoor recreation opportunities, and uncompromising service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Starwood APAC, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Ctrip TA, Agoda, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your The Naka Island, A Luxury Collection Resort & Spa Phuket reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Naka Island, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa Phuket Hotel Ko Nakha Yai
- The Naka Island, a Luxury Collection Resort And Spa Phuket
- The Naka Island, A Luxury Collection Resort & Spa Phuket Thailand