The Naka Island, A Luxury Collection Resort & Spa Phuket
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Ko Nakha Yai
Reviewed May 3, 2013

I can not tell anyone enough how much I love this place and recommend to stay!
Staff are great really friendly and will go above and beyond for you.
Food... Great!
Rooms... Awesome! I love the outdoor/indoor bathroom, the steam room/shower, the bath outside.
The bed is just amazing! I can honestly say the bed is the best I have EVER slept in, even better than mine at home!!
The evening turn down service is just beautiful, it was lovely coming back to the room with the net around the bed down, candles lit on the path to the bathroom... Water next to the bed along with slippers and a little note about weather for the next day. Lovely touches.

Room Tip: There is no bad room!
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Erich_FRIEDL, General Manager at The Naka Island, A Luxury Collection Resort & Spa Phuket, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2013

Dear Bec P,

Thank you for posting your ‘Amazing’ review on Trip Advisor following your recent stay at The Naka Island, A Luxury Collection Resort & Spa, Phuket.

Your comments regarding how much you enjoyed your stay with us have been shared and warmly appreciated by our Naka Team and your compliments of our food, villas, bed and turn down service are shared by so many of our guests.

I hope you have the opportunity to return again and stay with us at The Naka Island for another memorable experience in the near future.

Reviewed May 2, 2013

Naka Island Resort is located on Naka Yai Island which a 15 minute boat ride from the Eastern Side of Phuket. It shares the island with a small fishing village and campground. It is located at the edge of Phagna Bay and the views from the island are absolutely beautiful. The resort itself is designed for relaxing with private villas (some with pools). It is very quiet and allows one to just relax and soak in the beautiful views and tropical atmosphere. It does not offer loud partying and nightlife, however it is available on Phuket, but it requires some effort to get there. The staff is very attentive and helpful, the food quality is excellent and location / setting fabulous. I enjoyed my stay and will definitely return.

Room Tip: Get a villa with an ocean view and private pool (alittle more expensive but worth it)
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank thailandrob

Dear thailandrob,

Thank you for posting your wonderful review of your stay at The Naka Island on the Trip Advisor website for other travelers to read.

You have described our resort perfectly as a “great place to get away from it all and just relax and unwind.”

The Naka Island, A Luxury Collection Resort & Spa, Phuket, is suited to global travelers that are looking for somewhere quiet and unique, intimate couples, honeymooners or small families that choose privacy in a tropical island setting. A variety of recreational activities and water sports are available daily for guests if they choose, however, the option of 100% relaxation is preferred by some.

Your compliments of the resort location, tropical atmosphere and beautiful views from the resort are echoed by so many of our guests plus our attentive and helpful Ambassadors, Villas with private pools and food quality.

It pleases me greatly to hear that you will definitely return and I hope to see you back to enjoy another Naka experience in the near future.

Reviewed April 20, 2013

To get to the island you must take a private shuttle provided by the hotel which is a nice little 5 minute ride. You a greeted at the dock by some very lovely and helpful staff that give you an introduction on the island and escort you to your private cabin.

The cabin itself is very beautiful, with your own private pool and an excellent little spa bath. I would definitely recommend getting the milk bath organized by the staff, very cool and romantic.

I would say this resort is a perfect honeymoon or couples retreat and wouldn't really recommend it for much else (except maybe a very young child, but older children would definitely get bored). Which brings me to the minor negative - if you want something other than a very peaceful, couple getaway then don't come here. There really isn't much else to do but pamper yourself, have a swim, eat, and just relax with your partner.

Overall it was a great 3 nights experience, the staff are very friendly and like to hang around to have a chat (perhaps because they are veyr b

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Erich_FRIEDL, General Manager at The Naka Island, A Luxury Collection Resort & Spa Phuket, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2013

Dear George F,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of The Naka Island, A Luxury Collection resort & Spa, Phuket on Trip Advisor following your stay with us.

I am glad that you had a great 3 night stay with us and enjoyed relaxing and being pampered with your partner while enjoying your beautiful private villa.

Our resort is definitely the perfect Honeymoon destination and the romantic milk bath that you recommended to readers in your review is just one of the special treatments that can be encountered in your own villa while so many other specialty and indigenous treatments are available in our Spa Naka.

Your compliments of your sleep quality, villa, cleanliness and guest service are certainly appreciated and have been passed on to the Naka team.

We look forward to you returning for another memorable experience with us at The Naka island Resort in the near future.

Reviewed April 9, 2013

if you are looking for peace and quite and want to wind down this is the place fpr you. I have just returned from a 4 days mini vacation in Naka Island and I liked it a lot
Villa was very nice, with a beautiful pool we had a partial view of the ocean, you can bike if you have the strength... it is a bit hilly so we used the golf cart if we did not walk up
The bed room was very nice comfortable bed, the bath room was huge with indoor and outdoor shower lots of closet space which I love, we also had a sauna
Good breakfast, service is a bit slow and not everyone speak fluent english but they make up in kindness and hard work
We liked both restaurants and Daniele was very helpful in selecting the best dishes for us, he is a very nice young man from Italy and he knows the area very well
There is not much to do in this island, the boat trips are at this time of the year a bit pricey and although we took one trip to Khai Islands we were very disappointed because it was crowded and filled with umbrellas and chairs we only stayed ten minutes and decided to go some place else
We took a secondary very short boat ride to a private island very close to Naka and we paid a fee to just enjoy the beach and clear sea
Hotel does not have a pretty beach and during low tide it is even uglier, they do have one of the best pool I have ever seen in Asia
Another excursion we took was a nature walk to the Naka village, nothing really I could have done without but I am always optimistic that I will discover something charming, this was not
I tried the spa, I consider myself a connoisseur as I have spent a lot of time In Chiva Som and other hotel spa, I have no comment on the Spa here I was not impressed by the staff I think that it was maybe a bit too expensive and lacked in feeling so maybe this will help management to make some changes and improve as it is an important part of travel today
All in all I had a great time, I relaxed a lot and I feel that this is a great place to go just to be, do not pack a big suitcase just a bathing suit and some tshirt will do, high heel will nor work here as you have to walk on sand to get to both restaurants
I am giving this resort high marks but I think it could be better with more attention to details
I want to thank Noname who helped us at checking in to resolve a booking misunderstanding which I must say the hotel resolved beautifully Thanks again

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank paolacohen
Erich_FRIEDL, General Manager at The Naka Island, A Luxury Collection Resort & Spa Phuket, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2013

Dear paolacohen,

Thank you for posting your recent review on Trip Advisor further to your stay at The Naka Island, A Luxury Collection Resort & Spa, Phuket.

It is very pleasing to read that you had a great time during your stay and enjoyed the peace and quiet of our resort and the opportunity to wind down.

Your compliments regarding our fantastic infinity pool plus your Villa with it’s comfortable bed, private pool and ocean view are also shared by so many of our guests as well as the quality buffet breakfast and our kind and helpful staff. Your kind comments regarding Daniele and Khun Name have been passed on to each directly and are much appreciated.

All feedback that we receive is used by our department managers to continually improve our resort and services and I would like to assure you that your observations in regard to the Spa service are currently being reviewed by that specific department and I apologize that we fell short of your expectations in that area but thank you for bringing it to our attention.

I hope you have the opportunity to return to enjoy another Naka Island Resort experience with us in the near future.

Kind Regards

Reviewed March 27, 2013

Sea view with a pool, huge villa with area of shower, bedroom, stream sauna, ... feel as home. Great staff with hospitality. Our 3 kids want to come back too.
The breakfast and dinner are excellent. We are looking forward to be back soon.
The staff name "Noonoo"(I think) let us stay a little longer in the room in the check out day because our flight was very late and we got 3 kids. It was more convenient to stay in the room longer than stay in the waiting area. It was so generous for us.
Want to be back soon.

Room Tip: Choose a sea view villa
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Natheethong T
Erich_FRIEDL, General Manager at The Naka Island, A Luxury Collection Resort & Spa Phuket, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2013

Dear Natheethong T,

It is with pleasure that I read your 5 Star review on the Trip Advisor website following your recent stay with us at The Naka Island, A Luxury Collection Resort & Spa, Phuket.

I am delighted that you felt at home during your Naka experience and had a nice relaxing stay while enjoying the service from our Ambassadors, your villa with all of its luxury features, plus the breakfast and dinner options.

The Naka Team is looking forward to welcoming you back for your next stay with us in the near future.

Reviewed March 19, 2013

This was our last hotel of my trip and was a true delight a perfect place to relax for four days to end our long trip around thailand,located away from the main island of Phuket but only a short ride away by speed boat.

Our Villa was huge we had a sea view with are a pool so we never needed to leave the villa, nice private and quiet with the occsional buzz of the boats,yes there were many mosquitos but it is surounded by jungle so is to be expected, i wouldnt say it was overly different to the rest of our trip..

As your on an Island you are limited to the dining in the resort we mainly had food in our room which was great, we only really went to the restaurant for breakfast which had a great selection everything that you need. one night we went to the bar and had sunset cocktails with a selection of tapas which were very tasty.

As with all the Thai people everyone here was super friendly and helpful a big thank to the lady in the bar very friendly and took care of us, we did venture into Patong one day which is not to eveyones taste and i would't return there in a hurry.

again a beautiful hotel with lovely people would return in the future.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LondonDaniel1970
Erich_FRIEDL, General Manager at The Naka Island, A Luxury Collection Resort & Spa Phuket, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2013

Dear LondonDaniel1970,

Thank you for sharing your review of the Naka Island Resort with other Travelers on the Trip Advisor website following your recent stay at our resort.

I am so pleased that you had such a relaxing experience and I thank you for your compliments regarding your Sea View Pool Villa, breakfast variety, in Villa dining and Z-Bar at sunset with Tapas and Cocktails. We find that because our Villas are so large, comfortable, private and have their own pool, that sometimes our guests, as you did, choose to stay and relax in their Villa all day and order In Villa Dining for meals.

Your compliments regarding our super friendly staff have been passed on to all of our Ambassadors, with a special mention to Noi who took such great care of you at Z-Bar.

All of us at The Naka Island are looking forward to welcoming you back for your next ‘kick back & relax’ vacation.

Reviewed March 18, 2013

One of the best resorts I have visited! It definitely exceeded our expectations on all counts. We have stayed in many 5 star properties in Thailand but the staff at Naka were outstanding. The villas take the cake! Villas are beautifully laid out with private pools and a separate 'sala area'. Each villa has a couple of bicycles stationed outside which can be used to cycle around the island and visit the nearby village.
The main pool is very nice and there are ample sun loungers to relax. The spa is very elaborate and should be visited even if you don't intend to undertake a treatment. An evening visit to Z Bar, particularly at sunset with spectacular views, is highly recommended.
The only drawback is that there is no 'proper' beach at the resort. Although there are a couple of hammocks overlooking the bay to sit and relax.
Overall a very good resort to relax and unwind for a couple of nights!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Shaiq K

Dear Shaiq K,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on the Trip Advisor website further to your stay with us at The Naka Island, A Luxury Collection Resort & Spa, Phuket.

As you described, The Naka is indeed perfect for relaxing and unwinding and I am glad that your experience exceeded your expectations. Our Ambassadors will welcome your compliments for their outstanding service and I can assure you that many of our Naka guests also highly compliment our Villas, pools, Spa and of course the Z-Bar and its spectacular views and sunsets.

I hope you and your family have the opportunity to visit us again at The Naka Island for another memorable stay in the near future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Ko Nakha Yai
Trisara
Trisara
#1 of 36 in Choeng Thale
Phuket Marriott Resort and Spa, Nai Yang Beach

Been to The Naka Island, A Luxury Collection Resort & Spa Phuket? Share your experiences!