i recently spent 4 nights at the naka. getting to and from the hotel can be a hassle, but one that can be managed easily if u used the hotel's service (at a price). i like the main pool area. the hotel's beach is so so, not too bad. u can bike or kayak (both provided by the hotel for free) to the other side of the island where the beach is much nicer.
the villa/room is ok and huge, if u like that rustic kinda feel. definitely the six sense left a mark, and this isn't easily erased. the first night, the hot water didn't work at our room. so the following day we had to move. i wonder why the hotel does not test all these before assigning rooms to guests.
the ground is reasonably well kept. i wasn't bothered too much by the details, though it was a little dry. not as green as i had hoped.
the food is so so. nothing to ring home about. the hotel has nice promotions at most outlets which was great. i loved trying different things there. expect edible food in a nice, rustic setting.
the staffs didn't seem to know what my booking conditions were, so i had to go through all my add-ons with them. that was a hassle.
all in all, it was a nice experience. would i return? No, i wouldn't. Would i recommend my friends there? NO, I wouldn't. but u can't fail the hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled among stunning beaches, lush coconut groves, with never-ending views of the emerald-green Andaman Sea and idyllic landscapes of the Phuket coastline, The Naka Island is an exclusive boutique resort on Naka Yai Island, located just off the Phuket coast. While just 25 minutes from Phuket International Airport, The Naka Island is accessible only by private speedboat, making it a uniquely private and intimate retreat. The resort offers 67 villas that are magnificently appointed with private plunge pools and tropical gardens, along with an incomparable spa facility, access to countless outdoor recreation opportunities, and uncompromising service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Starwood APAC, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Agoda, getaroom.com, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Naka Island, A Luxury Collection Resort & Spa Phuket reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Naka Island, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa Phuket Hotel Ko Nakha Yai
- The Naka Island, a Luxury Collection Resort And Spa Phuket
- The Naka Island, A Luxury Collection Resort & Spa Phuket Thailand