2 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
$204
Booking.com$206
eDreams$206
Travelocity$204
1,339 results
All reviews z bar steam room private pool free ice cream tropical villa sea view villa ao po grand marina phang nga bay main island bathroom area grill restaurant main pool small island thai food speedboat transfer outdoor shower our honeymoon
Selected filters
Reviewed July 22, 2012

Great place..the resort has been rebranded and I could see the change for better ..great luxury villas with an amazing view...I could not have asked for more. The villas have private pools and are spacious..great facilities and a spectacular view..u will just say wow when you watch the sun set at the Z Bar. The staff does make an effort to ensure that your stay is memorable and comfortablem but they are rough on the edges..need some work but must visit place for your next holiday desitination...you wouls fall in love with your better half again..

Room tip: Just go for the villas with a clear view of the sea..its an amazing view...Villas 50 - 61 just amazing view
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank AshwaniA
Erich_FRIEDL, General Manager at The Naka Island, A Luxury Collection Resort & Spa Phuket, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2012

Dear AshwaniA,

Thank you for your kind sharing a “Luxury Collection” experience with us. We are pleased to hear that your exceptional holiday is fulfilled with the iconic of our enriching The Naka Island.

Looking forward to welcoming you back to The Naka Island for an enchanting trip in a near future.

Reviewed July 19, 2012

We spent 6 days in Phuket to celebrate our 2nd wedding anniversary,For the first two nights we stayed in Westin Siray Bay,and then we moved to The Naka Island and spent three nights here.I would rather spend the whole trip in The Naka Island if I have the second chance!The Naka Island is terrific,with primeval style,very impressive!

We booked the private car service(from Westin to Ao Po Grand Marina)and speedboat service from the resort,2000 Baht per way,price is accceptable.

When we arrived The Naka Island,the reception greeted us on the jetty.Firstly,she drove us to the entrance of the island where there was a gong,she let us get off the buggy and invited us to strike the gong.After we struck the gong,she gave us the welcome drink and flower bangles.I thought this was their special ceremony,very interesting!

After the ceremony,the reception drove us to our villa.On the road,she showed us around the resort.When we arrived the villa,she showed us around the villa and completed the check-in in the villa directly.That's very considerate!

Our villa was Tropical Villa with private pool.It was very very large,primeval,clean,comfortable,beautiful and interesting!At the entrance of the villa,there was a stone with two expressions,one side was sleeping face,the other side was awake,it instead of the "DO NOT DISTURB" button,so lovely! Instead of the electric bell,there was a rope at the entrance,pull it,and then the bell in the villa would ring,very original!The private outdoor sala and pool looked great,we loved them a lot!There was a chess desk in the sala and the chess was in the drawer of nightstand,that may be good for chess hobbyists.There was a steam room in villa,very nice,love it!The bed is comfortable!We do love the indoor and outdoor day bed!We loved to lay on the day bed to chat or watch TV,very comfortable,very relaxing! .The bathroom,toilet and dressing area were outdoor,to be honest,at first I felt embarrassing and worried about the problem of insects.The 2nd day,I met a very very large scorpion in front of the steam room,I was scared and ran back to room immediately! I told my hubby,he went to the bathroom to see if the scorpion still there,when he was opening the room's door,we found that the scorpion already moved to the entrance of outdoor bathroom and then disappeared in the underbrush.Although we were frightened by the scorpion(we call it "scorpion king"),but we still thought it was a very special and interesting experience,we regret that we didnot take a picture with the scorpion at that moment!(^_^!!) By the way,if the villa with enclosed bathroom and toilet,that will be more perfect for me! Every villa had two bicycles,we rode bicycles to the facilities or to explore the local village.

Most of the resort's facilities were near the beach,such as concierge,library,fitness center,gift shop,restaurants,plubic pool,etc.There were a few books and DVDs for borrow in the library.Most of the time there were no staff in the gift shop,the door was close,even it was during the open time,sometimes it would hang a block to advise you contact the Spa,that was a little bit queer!At the 3rd day,the door was open finally and there was a staff seating in it,so we took a look in the shop.It sold the souvenirs,most of them were well priced.We bought two Naka Island postcards,only 30 Baht for each!Because the shop didnot sell the stamps and we wanted to post them from the resort's post box,so we contacted the concierge,they said they could help us to post it and we only needed to pay them 20 Baht for each postcard,that's reasonable! I hope that we will receive them very soon!!Public pool was very beautiful,there were some sun lounge chairs in the pool,sometimes we layed on the sun lounge chairs and gazed out to the sea,so relaxing!!

The beach looked beautiful,the sea was clean and blue, the sand was fine and white,but there were a lot of shells and stones on the beach.

There were two restaurants in the resort,Tonsai and My Grill.We just tried Tonsai restaurant.First night,we tried the Thai buffet dinner,most of the foods were tasty,especially the grilled shrimps and crabs.There was Thai traditional dance performance,very interesting!At the end of the dinner,the staff gave us a cake for our wedding anniverary,so sweet!!At the second and third night,the restaurant just provided A la Carte,so we ordered the Thai food from their menu,most of them were very delicious.The price was acceptable.At the first and second night,the staff gave us the welcome drink and the cool towels once we sat down and gave us complimentary water,but the third night,the staff didnot provide the welcome drink and the cool towels(the other guest had) ,they also didn't gave us complimentary water and gave us a bottle of mineral water(need charge),to be honest,it made us feel neglected at that moment.Overall,the service of Tonai is just OK,I think the staff should treat every guest as an equal.

At the first day,the reception had mentioned that Z Bar which is situated beachside was the perfect location to see the sunset.At the 3rd day afternoon,we went to Z Bar,lay on the day bed with the perfect sunset view,terrific!The drink and the tapas were great!We got very good service from Mr Su,he was very nice,enthusiastic,smart and helpful.

The resort also provides some activities every day,most of them sounds very interesting.I will suggest to get the schedule of the activities when you arrive,so that you will not miss them!During our stay,we joined their 2 activities,one was DIY Thai ice pops,the other was squid fishing,both of them were interesting!

Last but not least the service of the resort was prompt and excellent,most of the staffs were friendly,helpful,attentive and with sincere smile!

We do love The Naka Island,it's awesome and exceed our expectation!Highly recommend!Will we go back to The Naka Island?Definitely yes!

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
5  Thank penelopeleung1985

Dear Penelope L,

Thank you for your very detailed review about our resort facilities and service. This is certainly extremely helpful to our future guests. Your excellent comments will be shared to the entire team and our staffs are truly our biggest asset as you mentioned and I’m sure they appreciate the recognition that you have given to them.

I look forward to welcoming you back for another awesome experience at The Naka Island, A Luxury Collection Resort, Phuket.

Reviewed July 18, 2012

Stayed in the Sunshine Day on last weekend, very clear blue sky and beautiful view from our seaview villa. All is almost perfect, very warm welcome since take off the speed boat until check-in in villa. We got the most beautiful view from the bedroom and all in villa is excellence.

All outlet in the property has its own style and staff are lovely and very helpful ( Top Quality of Service Mind !! ) we love everything in this property. Didn't want to leave !!

Thank you GM, Hotel Manager and all staff for making our holiday become the most memorable moment and lots of happiness.

Room tip: Seaview Villa is highly recommend
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends

Dear Than K,

Thank you for your kind sharing an experience with us. We are delighted to hear that your stay is full of “Luxury Collection” experiences: from the impression upon arrival, essential hospitality services through at the departure ritual.

The team and I, look forward to welcoming you back to The Naka Island in a near future.

Reviewed June 26, 2012

Stayed in the rainy season but still plenty of sunshine, sky was clear with turquoise water. Every details were close to perfection. The villa was spacious with private pool and spectecular view. The main pool was so beautiful, fitness center was great and the service was excellence!!! Every staff were full of hearty smile, they were a big part of this memorable stay. Totally relaxing !!!

By the way, the food was OK but not that special and a bit costly.

Date of stay: June 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Nats S

Dear Natssant,

Appreciate your kind sharing an experience with us. We are pleased to hear that you are enjoy staying at The Naka island especially villa, the private pool, mail pool, fitness centre and the hospitality services.

We look forward to welcoming you back to The Naka Island in a near future.

Reviewed June 6, 2012

I just spent three(3) nights at this resort with my family. My objective of this trip is to get away from busy city living to a peaceful, quiet and relax environment. Given that June is the low season and with frequent showers, this is indeed a very nice destination. The general environment, garden landscape and fairly calm beach are all very well maintained. With the frequent but short rain showers, the quiet resort is even more peaceful and a touch cooler. My three nights get away come with a price tag excluding airfare of just under 80,000 baht which includes accommodation, food and spa treatment for my wife and myself. I stayed in villa 10 with enclosed bathroom, not much of insect issues with me and my family.

The following areas are in need of improvement:
1. Electrical wiring and air con are quite old. Too many buttons all over for different lightings and is a bit frustrating to figure out which button for which light. Air con is rather noisy when we try to increase the fan speed.

2. The food selection is below satisfactory for a resort of this stature. I understand this is low season and the resort cannot afford to stock many variety for limited number of guest. I suggest for F&B department to think creativity for low season guest because Thailand has so many delicious food selection. Example, get the guest during low season to pre-order their food in advance or have a Friday night festiva at the multi purpose room invite outside vendors of food and fruits to sell.

3. There should be more stone tablets on the ground for the walkway into the villa. Having to walk on sand will result in bringing some of the sand into the villa and making that messy.

4. I encountered some communication problem over the phone with the customer service operator. I asked for fried mixed veggie but fried spring rolls were delivered. I asked for evening turn down service and some extra drinking water but staff came with the water and went off without the turn down service. In some hotels, they perform a call back service to ensure the service is rendered to the satisfaction of the customer. Perhaps, naka island resort might want to implement this to ensure service standard.

5. I find the spa room is way too bright during the day for a really relax massage.

I am overall happy with my stay. I will return if the above imrpovements are made.

Date of stay: June 2012
Trip type: Traveled with family
5  Thank cokezero100

Dear cokezero100,

Appreciate your kind sharing an experience with us, your kind comment is very important for us to improve an exceptional service according to the brand standard of Luxury Collection. We have noted the areas of improvement and we will look into them accordingly.