“Great place for eating or just a drink”
Review of Home Cottage

Home Cottage
Ranked #8 of 66 Restaurants in Redhill
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Nestled in the heart of Redhill, The Home Cottage is a magnificent pub and dining room that has been refurbished to its former 19th century glory, providing a stylish and contemporary interior in which to enjoy time with family and friends. We have a great range of drinks including our award winning Young's Bitters, an extensive wine list and both traditional and signature cocktails. Our creative head chef, Marcin, showcases the best of traditional British food with modern touches and Mediterranean influences on our seasonal menus. As Young's Food Pub of the Year 2014, we pride ourselves on varied dishes of a high quality, paired with fine wines from around the world and traditional cask ales, all served by our friendly and welcoming staff. Whether you are a local or a visitor to the area, you will always be offered the warmest of welcomes, so sit back and relax in our cosy bar, our light and airy dining room (which becomes more intimate once the candles are lit), or chill out in our garden.
Reigate, United Kingdom
“Great place for eating or just a drink”
Reviewed November 26, 2012

The Home Cottage has achieved what few pubs can - they serve great food whilst still retaining a lovely pub feel. Good beer, great selection of wine. Love the way the tables and drinking areas are arranged too.

Visited November 2012

Redhill, United Kingdom
“Nice pub, not the cheapest but decent food and wine”
Reviewed November 23, 2012

I have been to this pub several times, it is quite local and I also had my recent birthday party here. Staff are helpful, the decor is very nice and there's a welcoming ambience. The menu is excellent, it doesn't come cheap but all the meals/party catering we've had has been to a high standard. Definitely recommended .

Visited October 2012
Telford, United Kingdom
“Good food, well presented”
Reviewed November 11, 2012

We visited Home Cottage as our son's new "local".
Staff were polite and helpful, and we managed to sit near a cracking log fire, which was a bonus on a less than warm November evening. The menu was varied, and offered half a dozen choices at each course. Beef was tender and tasty, fish was fresh and well cooked, whilst the vegetarian tart looked delicious.
We weren't rushed, and prices were very reasonable. Though we ate in the bar area, there was a decent sized restaurant area, which I'm guessing would be best booked, if you wanted to eat in there.

Visited November 2012
London
“Very good food, service average”
Reviewed November 11, 2012 via mobile

We visited Home Cottage quite a few times in 2012. On each occasion the food has been very good. However, as per some other comments they could do with a maitre de. The waitresses are friendly, but lack a professional cutting edge to them, which a maitre de could easily sort out. We had a post dinner drink in the pub section, which was busy, all tables occupied and it had a lively feel to it. We will return.

Redhill, United Kingdom
“Best pub in Redhill by far”
Reviewed October 16, 2012

This pub is by far the best pub in Redhill. It has a delightful decking area out side, perfect for a few during the day or even on a evening or night out. I've never had a bad pint here and from what my wife has said it has a good selection of wine. it's also always got a nice crowd here, and I've never been the only one there so it seems to be popular.

Food wise the evening menu or Sunday Menu are awesome. I've had several roasts here and they have always been Delicious (I'm not normally a fan of pub roasts) and I can always recommend the "Pie of the day" (again had a few but always different) YUM! but for me the lunch menu (sandwiches and burgers) don't really do it for me. I found the sandwiches a little stingy with the meat. still tasty but disappointing for the money. But on the plus side they do great chips!! so if your going for a few pints at lunch I'd just share the chips with your friends :o)

The service is brilliant. At the bar or in the restaurant, always friendly and helpful with a smile on their face.

• Visited September 2012