“Great little budget hotel in a prime location!”
Review of Siesta Hotel

Siesta Hotel
Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Grand Anse
UK
“Great little budget hotel in a prime location!”
Reviewed March 16, 2013

The Siesta is a budget hotel, but it definitely deserves it's reputation as one of the best places to stay in Grenada! It's set just behind the posh hotels
on the beach, so is only about a 7 minute walk from the incredible Grand Anse Beach. It was so much cheaper to stay there than any where else and
we still got a sea view from our spotless apartment! We had so much space in the apartment and a very nice balcony. The hotel is on a quiet
road so it's a very peaceful position. But very close to the local mall and big supermarket where you can pretty much get anything you need. Also Kevon sells very fresh and tasty
fruit and veg on his stall just outside the mall on the road side and we got our fresh coconuts and star fruit from him everyday.

The Siesta's owner, Nima, was so helpful and was very prompt with the few things we needed - such as a new light bulb
out on the balcony, toaster, lighting the oven etc. He always seemed to have time for us. The Siesta staff are so friendly and helpful and it really
made our holiday that extra special. The restaurant there is a little on the expensive side for us but the food looked lovely. We generally went to Le Chateau restaurant
which was about 10 minutes walk (best to ask for directions) and also ate some amazing fresh hot food from the supermarket such as baked chicken, meatballs, fresh veg etc.
There are also some ladies who have a food stall next to the park by the beach. They do lovely lunches!

Umbrellas Bar on the beach is also very nice for a burger type meal and cheap beer or cocktail. If you walk down to the end of Grand Anse beach (turn left when you get there)
the Owl Bar is brilliant for Happy Hour cocktails and it was the best place for a fresh Pina Colada. A place to sit for beautiful blissful sunsets!

You can always get a public bus to St Georges which takes about 10 minutes and is only about a sterling pound each way. Just walk up the road where all the posh hotels are such as the Coyaba and
they will stop and ask you if you want to go anywhere. Don't worry they don't take offence if you decline politely! Apparently if you want the bus driver to go somewhere specific you just give him a few e
extra dollars and he'll take you to your doorstep which we didn't know before. Obviously the other passengers need to have disembarked first! There are lots of amazing places to eat there such as
the Creole Shack which just cost a couple of pounds for an excellent meal. So you can eat and drink very cheaply as long as you don't really use the hotels.

We definitely want to come back to the Siesta again and have been recommending it to our friends and family.

Room Tip: Get a high rise apartment for a good view!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Charlston

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 14, 2013 via mobile

This is a lovely basic hotel well located and priced for a two night stay. The staff are super friendly, welcoming and helpful. I arrived at midday and could check in which is very welcoming. The French breakfast and lunch restaurant is sublime but not cheap. The hotels pool and loungers are comfy and the rooms are spacious and offer the basic essentials. The only critism is that the rooms finishes are not excellent, but the tv, aircon, fridge and bed are amazing. I wouldn't have little children there as there's exposed wires, broken edges and the corners of the rooms are quite dusty. BUT for me these elements were minor. I spent my day times on the beach, visiting St George's and the evenings at amazing local restaurants and hang outs. It's not a hotel I'd spend the days at or a two vacation at, but it was perfect for my visit after a long sail.

Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Sarasota, Florida
Reviewed February 2, 2013

My wife and i are spending 3 nights here between sailing trips. The hotel is a little dated but adequate, tv's are old tube type and get about three channels, free wifi is available in most rooms, if this is important to you as it is me make sure you ask for a wifi room as some of them dont get the reception. there is a small fridge in room which kept things really cold. One plus is the location of this hotel is within walking distance of the spiceland mall (about 6 minutes walking) where you can buy food (KFC also there) and about 12 minutes walking from the beach also where a nice restaurant is located "Umbrellas". For those of you who are new to grenada taxis are in my opinion expensive, like a 5 minute taxi ride will be $10 US. Restaurant food is also on the expensive side.. The hotel restaurant which is not part of the hotel but serves good breakfast and lunches and closed for dinner. Anyway a breakfast there with eggs, sausage juice for two will set you back about $37 USD. Add cappuccino at about $4.50 each. Ala carte burgers at Umbrellas will be about $9 USD add fries for another $4.

Anyway at the Siesta one thing noteworthy is that the first night our air conditioner made so much noise we simply could not even sleep but reporting it the next day brought repairmen to fix the issue with a sincere apology from the manager offering compensation for the inconvenience. Front desk person very nice however upon arrival nobody was around to help with our bags. If you are tired and/or cannot manage your baggage this could be an issue especially if you have a room up on the hill. Also the maids did persistently knock our door starting at 9am apparently wanting to get in to clean.

Yes I definitely would stay at the siesta again for a few days, it offers convenient walking to food stores and restaurants which would otherwise cost $10 or more each way via taxi....... for me it's not exactly a place that would plan my vacation around however having said that there were several guests that are staying here longer term.

Room Tip: I was interested in a convenient room so ours was near the pool and had good access to the road, i u...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Bridgetown, Barbados
Reviewed January 24, 2013

On account of my regular hotel being fully booked I decided to stay at the Siesta Hotel for 2 nights.My memorable experience began when making my reservation and Head Receptoinist reminded me that I had stayed there on a previous occasion.My flight arrived early in the morning and I was promptly checked in and offered an upgrade.My room was well presented and turned out to a one bedroom suite with a separate living/dining/kitchen area which allowed me to meet my clients without compromising the privacy of my bedroom.Eva,Jillian and Stacie gave exceptional service at Reception.
My Room Attendant was also exceptional ensuring that my room was always well made on my return.
I was so pleased with the service and my suite which had an awesome view of Grand Anse beach although a short walk from the beach..The restaurant served French cuisine so I extended my stay.

Room Tip: Request one at the back on a bluff with a lovely view of the ocean.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank sparerib62
NEW YORK
Reviewed January 11, 2013

Joined my boyfriend at the Siesta Hotel, after he had been staying there for about two weeks. Quiet and cozy, an excellent value for the money. Clean, nice balcony view, close to the famous Grand Anse Beach. You definitely need to rent a car, quite a bit of a walk/drive up to the rooms. The staff is excellent, friendly and helpful. Took us a while to figure out the air conditioner at first, but once we did, it worked well. We would definitely stay at the Siesta Hotel again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank AMANDA S
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 6, 2012

My two daughters, five girlfriends and I have just returned from a stay at the Siesta - all travelled to Grenada for Carnival and had an absolute BALL!

The Siesta Hotel is very comfortable and hassle free - our room was spacious enough with an absolutely stunning view (Rm 36) looking across the sea and Lagoon. Housekeeping daily. Only small gripe ice compartment in our fridge not very powerful therefore had problems getting really frozen icecubes. However, one day when we did inform Reception that we had no ice within 10minutes a bag of ice was delivered to our door!

All staff very friendly but a big shout out especially to Jill (remember our Joke - going to Carriacou! Laugh) can still see her big lovely smile - Thanks for everything!

Would definitely stay at the Siesta again!

Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank NubianKat
London
Reviewed May 30, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here in January 2012 on a university trip and loved every second of the trip!! Stayed in Room 11 which is a one bed apt with a massive king/queen bed sofa bed and lounge/kitchen area. This came in really handy for cooking on long days out after trips out. Staff at hotel are more than friendly and the hotel restaurant served some rather nice food. Literally minutes walk from local shopping centre and the beach, although hotel pool was just as good! It may not seem like your typical Caribbean getaway but it does everything you want at the Siesta :)

• Stayed January 2012
#3 of 11 in Grand Anse
Spice Island Beach Resort
Spice Island Beach Resort
#1 of 11 in Grand Anse

Been to Siesta Hotel? Share your experiences!