“Glas of wine,pizza,right place to go!”
Review of La Boulangerie

La Boulangerie
Ranked #9 of 20 Restaurants in Grand Anse
Cuisines: French, Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery
Reviewed October 5, 2013

Is local place with a dash of italian style ...if you are in Grenada is one place to visit along all the others!

Reviewed September 29, 2013

I work nearby and pop into Boulangerie a couple times a week for a breakfast pastry or pepperoni pizza for lunch, it's large enough to share with a friend. Best pizza on the island, in my opinion! Great iced cinnamon rolls and Danish's too. Good service, outdoor shaded eating area.

1  Thank Camperdownfarmgirl
Reviewed September 16, 2013

My husband and I were happy to find La Boulangerie on our first trip to Grenada. There were not a lot of breakfast options on the island and the cinnamon rolls were to die for. We drove down from St. John almost every morning and were greeted by one of the super sweet girls who work there. We took breakfast outside then inevitably would ask for directions to our next destination.

One night when we got back from the beach late we decided to try the pizza. While we were waiting for our food, a man who I assume is the manager (probably the owner) came into the main part of the store and started screaming at one of the girls. Apparently minutes he loaded on the work phone were being used for personal calls and he thought screaming at her in front of customers was appropriate. The whole outdoor area for both LB and the sushi place next door could hear his rampage. I know stuff comes up at every workplace but both my husband and myself were completely taken aback and appalled by his behavior.

There is a time and a place for everything and in front of customers is not it. Shame because the pizza was actually really good.

Also as a side note, every AM we drank tap water there. When requested at night I was told it was dirty and could only have bottled water (at a cost of course.) Coincidence? I think not.

Reviewed August 31, 2013

Have eaten at La Boulangerie many times while visiting Grenada, and have always enjoyed it. The other night we had the Sausage and spinach stuffed tortellini with cream sauce. It was awesome. Best I've ever had. Now I won't have to drool over the menu again since I'll know what I want to order. And by the way, the Italian Prosecco was darn good also!!

1  Thank Sandra_L
Reviewed August 6, 2013

This tiny place with an outdoor terrace doesn't look like much, and it's name implies a French bakery, but don't let that fool you: They have some great Italian food! We both had pasta and thought it very good--nicely done sauces and like authentic Italian pasta, the sauces were not overpowering. Several pasta with seafood choices, along with some traditional pasta offerings. They have specials every night listed on a chalk board at the door. The house wine was decent and relatively inexpensive.
Also have visited here for a quick breakfast which is also a good time to come: house-made pastries, good Italian coffee, quiches and eggs, etc. A nice, quiet place to start you day.