“The Sunset Cruise was Great fun”

Shadowfax Banana Boat Tours
Halifax, Canada
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“The Sunset Cruise was Great fun”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2013

Wonderful way to share a Grenadian sunset with friends old and new. The crew couldn't be nicer. The drinks strong. Only beef: could do with a few more nibblies.

Visited November 2013

UK
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Great Fast Boat”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013

We went out on Shadowfax towards the end of our stay in Grenada.

The boat is well set up the crew are attentive and helpful. Its a great way to see the Island.

The snorkel stop is pretty forgettable to be honest. The sunken sculptures are ok - but having seen them they quickly become dull and the reef around is not great, with limited fish life. Given that we dived a lot on the holiday it was less disappointing for me but a shame for my wife who doesn't dive but does enjoy seeing stuff when snorkeling.

The lunch on hog island was good we had prawn kebabs and liked them.

The high point was the sail back. Shadowfax was designed by Peter Spronk who was a serious designer of sailing multi-hulls. In brisk winds on a beam reach we had 16 knots consistently under sail. A real thrill, I would have loved to have taken the helm but by then had consumed a few caribs and didn't want to embarrass the captain by asking.

Quite pricey but in our view worth it

Visited August 2013
North Bay, Canada
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Great way to relax”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2013

Everything was as advertised on the website. You get a nice day out with some touring, a chance to go snorkeling, motorsailing, great shore lunch (we asked for the fish option and enjoyed tuna kebobs) and sailing with the mid-afternoon winds. The crew was helpful as was Pierre Jean. The boat is well set up for this kind of cruising. IYou don't always find two seperate heads on a sailboat. It is well maintained and clean. We appreciated the attention paid to safety. Hope to circumnavigate Grenada on Shadowfax next visit to the Island.

Arlington, Texas, United States
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“DISAPPOINTED”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2013

The catamaran was beautiful. The sailing was great. Actually made it into the Atlantic side, where the waves made it a bit of a thrill. The crew on the other hand were boring and not very friendly or engaging. Snorkeling was weird. There were three or four other catamarans all there at the same time. Too many people at one time. There were some sunken sculptures that were a little odd if you ask me. Fish, not to many. Next was the lobster lunch on the beach. The beach was not so pretty, but there were trees for us to eat in the shade. The lobsters were huge, I couldn't wait to eat them. What a disappointment!! they were so over cooked that you couldn't cut them you had to rip them apart with your hands and chew and chew and chew. Since I'm not a big champagne fan, I didn't get my share of that, but that's fine. The cost was $135.00 and way over priced. Maybe if the lobster had been good, that would have made it worth it. I wouldn't ever do that excursion again.

3 Thank Janie P
Shadowfax2006, Manager at Shadowfax Banana Boat Tours, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Dear Janie,
This is the first time in seven years of charter with Shadowfax and our lobster cruise that we have received a negative comment, and I deeply regret that you didn't have an excellent experience with us.
In order to help me to correct that situation and to take the appropriate measures if needed, could you please tell me which day you went on the cruise with us. It would be helpful for me because we didn't get any complaints from the other participants. I will investigate and then give you a detailed reply.
It is a shame that you didn't report your frustration to the captain or to me before the end of the cruise, because our policy is satisfaction or money back.
Looking forward to hearing from you,
Kindest regards,

5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“shadowfax cruise”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2013

excellent sailing and snorkeling cruise. free ver helpful and friendly. boat is well maintained and sails nicely. lobster lunch on hog island is delicious

1 Thank Andre D