Hi lads and lasses from Canada, the UK, Europe and whoever thinks of venturing to the so-called "Grenada Grand" !!
To be short: Forget it !! It's really just a waste of money!
We,(my wife and I), were not quite sure what to make of all the mediocre comments other travellers made on behalf of this establishment, having booked before we chanced upon this web-site.
We regret this sincerely, hopefully this comment ceeps future travelers from going there!!
Not to be misunderstood: Grenada is a beautiful island, and we've seen quite a few of the Carabbiean to be able to comment on that, nice people, always helpful if you're lost when driving around, bus-service perfect (we've been to NYC !!), beach-hawkers don't really bother you, they're really polite and bugger off if you're not interested (we've seen worse on other islands), took us 50 min from touch-down to check-in, short: it's really worth going to Grenada!!
Now to the "Grenada Grand":
Being European, we apparently don't expect as much as US-Citizens do ( see below!!), so for us the rooms were OK, clean, prompt service, never saw a bug!!
Premices meticulously cared for, and that's the point: who cares for a lawn that's mowed twice a day when the service in the restaurant is (politely put) just lousy!! Two thirds of the staff either were not seen at all or managed to look the other way just when you needed them, part of the remaining third managed to make you feel to apologize you were there at all, as for the rest: they tried their best, but...!
It's simply a No-No to get drinks served at lunch in plastic-cups, just because the staff is too lazy to get the glasses out the cupboard! Even when you ask specificly for a glass, don't be sure to get one !
We were on a meal-plan, this all-inclusive-thing most europeans do. The quantity of food was always sufficiant, but variety and quality... (see below!!).
On the other hand, what you get in outside restaurants is just ridiculessly overpriced for poor quality, even in hotel-restaurants with a so-called "Star"-Chef!!
One highlight, though: Nieves, the (Venezuelan!!)supervisor at the pool-bar is a real treat! Prompt service, nice cocktails, and if you ask for the hard-plastic cups they've got there, it makes your dram taste a bit more nicely! Don't ask any of the other staff, they're too lazy to get them out, they have to be washed!!
Management: Useless bunch of buggers!! If you got any problems try to solve them with whoever is near you, chambermaids, maintenance, even bell-service. They're more efficiant!!
Now something for divers: Ecodive, based at the resort are a good outfit, price for value is OK, but don't bother to go diving on tuesdays, that's when the cruiseships come in !! (They're opening a new shop at the other end of the beach by now, I think it's at the "Flamboyant")
To sum it up: Grenada is a great island to spend your vacation on, really worth going there !! But if you want to blow a lot of money for craps, don't hesitate to go to the "Grenada Grand", on the other hand there are a few nice resorts on the same beach (e.g Spice Island, The Flamboyant etc.)
PLEASE: Check out other resorts first before you decide !!
PS: If you think of going to Antigua, check out the "Cocos", maybe not to anyones taste but really "cool"!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated along the white sands of Grand Anse Beach, the beautiful Resort offers its guests uncompromising Radisson service and facilities. Wether strolling through the beautiful lush tropical gardens, relaxing in the Swimming Pools and Beachfront Bars, or keeping fit on the Tennis Courts and enjoying the Water Sports; our Team of trained staff will ensure your stay is relaxing and memorable. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Carlson, West Indies, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Radisson Grenada Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grenada Grand Beach Hotel Grand Anse
- Grenada Grand Beach Resort
- Hotel Grenada Grand Beach
- Radisson Grenada Beach Resort Grand Anse