Location of resort is fantastic. It is directly on Grand Anse beach - arguably the best the island has to offer. If beach is not your scene the two pools are superb. There is a huge free form pool with waterfalls and a swim up bar, though I will say the bartender there needed some more charisma and energy. He moved way too slowly. Generally that is the speed of the Grenada residents though, everything moves at an island pace. Resort has security at all exit/entry points to ensure guests are safe. The grounds are landscaped beautifully. Across the street is a cute little grocers and within 10 minutes walk a large shopping centre.
Our rooms were all recently renovated and we had no major complaints - our sliding door needed some repair but I am sure they will get to it within the Radisson revamp. Beds and bathrooms were more than adequate. Though drainage was an issue in my father's bath tub. Room 234 I believe. He never complained to the staff so I am sure they would have dealt with the problem had they been informed. We requested a fridge for my medicine and within the hour we had one put into our room.
I found the staff to be generally very well trained and amiable. Front desk staff went above and beyond to keep us happy. However, there are exceptions to the rule. The staff at the Sunset Bar was quite rude. Bartender was unapproachable all day. On a busy Saturday evening, with a location directly overlooking the ocean it was near impossible to get a drink because the 3 workers were arguing/doing inventory maybe? I even took a picture of them and still stood unnoticed. I was told their names were Wayne, Carmen and Yolaane. We even saw non-hotel guests leave without being served because they didn't want to endure the wait. When we did get 2 of our 7 ordered drinks it was made very poorly. After that we popped over to the Oasis Bar with much friendlier service! Huge thanks to TREX, who was kind and always working hard.
I will say that if you enjoy very spicy, seasoned, rich food Grenada will disappoint you a bit. They certainly cook with much less salt that we are used and alot more sugar. The food at the resort was still tasty. We had dinner at Bamboo Lounge but had access to Tradewinds Restaurant menu because the formal dining room was being used for some event - not a huge imposition for us but other guests seemed annoyed. We sampled salads, lambie water, soup, steaks, pork chops, pastas etc and lunchtime we had shrimp, wings, burgers, pizza. Again, don't go too hungry because it is a wait no matter how busy or not busy they are. Dinner took over an hour to be bused to our table but I think that is not a kitchen issue so much as a server issue because plates arrived to table lukewarm, meaning they had been sitting a while. Breakfast offered a decent variety within the buffet, eggs, bacon, sausages, pancakes, breads, cheeses, cereal, fruits etc. The gentleman at the egg station was very warm. Our party was very pleased. Breakfast staff was lovely. Hotel manager made the effort to stroll through the dining area on Sunday morning and greet guests. Personal touches make a stay enjoyable.
We had an all inclusive package but most of the bartenders were confused by what liquor was included. I think the resort should print up a comprehensive list of drinks/cocktails covered by the all inclusive label so guests are aware of what they may have and not be left to the whim and fancy of a specific bartender. NOTE- Lobster dishes are not included with this package and lobster was apparently not in stock during our stay.
We would definitely be back - don't be afraid to book this resort! You won't be disappointed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated along the white sands of Grand Anse Beach, the beautiful Resort offers its guests uncompromising Radisson service and facilities. Wether strolling through the beautiful lush tropical gardens, relaxing in the Swimming Pools and Beachfront Bars, or keeping fit on the Tennis Courts and enjoying the Water Sports; our Team of trained staff will ensure your stay is relaxing and memorable. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, West Indies, Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Carlson, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Radisson Grenada Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grenada Grand Beach Hotel Grand Anse
- Grenada Grand Beach Resort
- Hotel Grenada Grand Beach
- Radisson Grenada Beach Resort Grand Anse