“Lovely location and hotel!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Radisson Grenada Beach Resort

Radisson Grenada Beach Resort
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Grand Anse
Toronto, Canada
“Lovely location and hotel!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2014

The location is superb if you like a tourist area that is fairly quiet. The beach is amazing and the grounds are lovely. We had a double room that was very nicely appointed, although, the newly renovated bathroom could do with a few hooks and/or towel racks as there was nowhere to place your hand towel or bath towel. As well, a few hooks on the balcony would be nice to dry bathing suits and beach towels. The restaurants were ok and had a decent menu. I would recommend eating down the beach a bit for greater variety and selection. The hotel is a short distance from St. George's, which is well worth a morning visit for the market, fort and The Carenage. The hotel was half full, and so the beach and pool areas were very quiet: loungers were always plentiful. I loved it here and would go back in a second. And, as well, the staff were unbelievably friendly and helpful....!!!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank Ericthebee
Georgette D, Manager at Radisson Grenada Beach Resort, responded to this review, March 22, 2014
Dear Ericthebee,
Thanks for your positive feedback. We are happy that you found your accommodations to be clean and comfortable and that you thoroughly enjoyed your vacation experience. The issues highlighted will be addressed by our maintenance team. Thanks for recommending this resort to other prospective vacationers and we do look forward to welcoming you back for another great vacation at Radisson Grenada Beach Resort. The month of September will be dedicated to all "Repeat" guest to Radisson Grenada Beach Resort. Looking forward to seeing you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (360)
Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2014

I am writing this on my 2nd floor balcony having just watched my last sunset since I leave tomorrow with a heavy heart. I thoroughly enjoyed my week here! The location is terrific, only 15 mins from the airport, in Grand Anse which is neighbouring the main city of St George. There is shopping and banking just outside the secured gates of the resort. Although this island feels and reportedly is very safe, the hotel does have security on 24hr patrol. My room (#214) is 10 yards from the beautiful beach which stretches 3miles and is so clean and perfect for walking and swimming. The resort has two pools, one big rectangle overlooking the beach and another river-like with waterfalls,swim-up bar and jacuzzis. The entire staff is super friendly and I found totally willing to please. The very pleasant general manager was very accommodating when I was invited by local friends to spend a night on their boat. The limited hotel menus had me trying some local restaurants which are just a walk down the beach. Everything is kept immaculate from the grounds to the pools, rooms and public areas. The renovations going on were not at all noticeable to me, and my sense is that the changes are all an improvement. I've booked the same room and week for next year!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank MumaPhipps
Dear MumaPhipps,
Thanks for your positive review. We are happy that you enjoy the proximity of our resort to the shopping and local support services and are elated that you found our staff to be friendly and fun and that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. The month of September will be dedicated to all "Repeat" guest to Radisson Grenada Beach Resort. Looking forward to seeing you.
Miami, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2014

We stayed for two nights in March. We were impressed with the resort. It has a perfect spot on Grand Anse Beach. The property has been refurbished and looks great. There is a small amount of work still being done, but it is not in plain sight and didn't bother us. We thought it was odd that there seemed to be so few guests at the resort. It seemed to be only a handful for a property so large and with so many restaurants and bars. The pool area is magnificent with two waterfalls. When I made the reservation on the phone and mentioned it was my birthday, I was offered a complementary upgrade to ocean front from the garden view that I reserved, but when we got there they didn't honor it. That bothered me because and I felt they should have followed through since it was their suggestion, not mine. I had found a much better deal on Otel for the garden room, with breakfast, and would have gotten it had it not been for the upgrade. Nonetheless, the garden rooms are nice and comfortable. On our second night someone overheard a tour guide wish me a happy birthday, and the hotel snuck into our room and spelled out happy birthday on bougainvillea petals on our bed. There seems to be a lot of security at the hotel, not sure why since we found Grenada to be safe and friendly. We did not use the well equipped gym. We would stay here again.

Dear Miamispike,
Thanks for recommending the resort to other prospective visitors and we do look forward to welcoming you back for much more fun and relaxation. We sincerely apologize for the upgrade that was not honored. Please call the Hotel when next you make a booking and ask for me so that I can make sure that the upgrade happen. The month of September will be dedicated to all "Repeat" guest to Radisson Grenada Beach Resort. Looking forward to seeing you.
Glenwood Springs, Colorado
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2014

Just returned from a ten night stay, south end beach front room was just ok. Did not appear to have been remodeled even though we were informed it was, bathroom appeared very dated. Bed was very lopsided and not flat at all. Hot water very unpredictable, some days not at all. Like most other reviews food was so so. After first night chose to eat out most evenings. On a positive note, grounds are very beautiful, pools are great, beach is great, security great, location is great, staff was fantastic, very friendly and always very helpful. On site dive shop Native Spirit Scuba was a definite plus, Adrian and Rahel run a great business and their employees were great. Would return but not until remodel is complete.

Room Tip: check out rooms first
5 Thank wussowa
Dear Wussowa,
Thanks for your detailed review. We are happy that you found our staff to be fun and friendly. We do apologize for the issues you encountered. You are right the south side of 16 rooms were not renovated during the dates of your visit. These rooms will be completed by mid April. The information you shared about our facilities will no doubt be helpful to other prospective visitors to the resort .Thanks for recommending us and we do look forward to welcoming you back to the resort giving us a chance to appease you. The month of September will be dedicated to all "Repeat" guest to Radisson Grenada Beach Resort. Looking forward to seeing you.
Burlington, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2014

This resort is on one of the most beautiful beaches I've seen. White sand and crystal water. The facilities are gorgeous with free form pools and gardens. The rooms are comfortable, however make sure to pull the door closed when you leave your room since the doors don't swing shut and latch. The latch on the sliding glass door was in need of replacement since the mechanism was falling apart and the release knob was kind of a bolt. However the resort security is on the job and conspicuous. Dive shop is good and the trip to the underwater sculpture garden is great (cost $ 50 us pp)
The staff are wonderful, warm and helpful, but we had a few occasions where food orders would take a very long time. Once for dinner we placed our order and then saw new people arrive, order, eat and leave, before we were served about an hour plus after we ordered. There were only 4 tables occupied, and lots of staff, so maybe it was a problem in the kitchen.
Early morning checkout took a bit long and front desk staff don't seem to print customer receipt copy unless requested. Overall a nice resort complete with a few Caribbean quirks.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Sunlovincanuck,

Thanks for taking the timeout to post this review. Unfortunately we did not meet your expectations as per your review, Please accept our apologies for the service issues you experienced. It is our aim and desire to make each of our guest vacation as effortless as possible and when we fail to do so the matter is not taken lightly. As such the management is looking into each area of concern, and we will be rectifying all deficiencies in order to provide a better experience to our guests. The month of September will be dedicated to all "Repeat" guest to Radisson Grenada Beach Resort. Looking forward to seeing you.
Maynards, Barbados
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2014

I stayed here in June 2013 for a conference, and I'm not impressed. The staff was very pleasant, but they couldn't help with anything. First off, when I arrived I was charged a higher price than I was quoted. Everyone looked puzzled and then when I produced the correspondence, they told me that the person with whom I had made arrangements no longer worked there. So I had to take the room at the higher price.

They did not warn me that they only had 220v electrical outlets in my room, when I discovered that, they claimed that they will provide a transformer. They never did. Then they told me I could purchase one from the convenience store on site. It never opened for the entire week I was there.

The room was basic. My kettle did not work, my TV worked intermittently, and the shower was stained. They only changed my towel once. When I enquirer, I was informed that housekeeping had 'run out of towels' by the time they got to my room! Well, at least they cleaned the room...

The food was mediocre and overpriced. I hope that being associated with the Raddisson improved the quality of service at this hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank RaquelGilkes
Dear Raquel Gilkes,

Please accept our apologies for the service issues you experienced back in June 2013. The management took all concerns seriously and have since rectified all deficiencies in order to provide a better experience to our guests. We embarked on a complete training / retraining schedule and I believe this have greatly enhance our service in all areas. It is our aim and desire to make each of our guest vacation as effortless as possible and when we fail to do so the matter is not taken lightly. We are eagerly looking forward to you giving us the opportunity to host you in the future; allowing us the opportunity to erase any negative view/s that you might presently have of Radisson Grenada Beach Resort. The month of September will be dedicated to all "Repeat" guest to Radisson Grenada Beach Resort. Looking forward to seeing you.
Princes Town, Trinidad
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2014

My wife and I spent our honeymoon here and from the moment the driver passed the entrance the environment was absolutely gorgeous,the service incredible,the vegan dishes were so delicious and the room amazing. It's really a great resort for any honeymoon couple and quite relaxing with great beach view and pool. The pool has floating chairs where else would you go no place except grand beach resort!

Lisa & Lawrence

Room Tip: Sea view rooms a must!
1 Thank Lawrence J
Dear Lawrence J,
Thanks for recommending the resort to other prospective visitors and you can be assured that the team do look forward to welcoming you back for another wonderful vacation at Radisson Grenada Beach Resort.
The month of September will be dedicated to all our "Repeat" guest to Radisson Grenada Beach Resort. Looking forward to seeing you.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Grand Anse
True Blue Bay Boutique Resort
Calabash Luxury Boutique Hotel & Spa
Calabash Luxury Boutique Hotel &...
#1 of 4 in Lance aux Epines
Coyaba Beach Resort
Coyaba Beach Resort
#3 of 11 in Grand Anse
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,022 reviews

Been to Radisson Grenada Beach Resort? Share your experiences!