My wife and i just returned from spending a week at this resort. The location is convenient to many restaurants and sits in the middle of Grand Anse Beach. The hotel as of Feb 5 is still under renovation and appears all work should be done in the next few weeks,
Pros: Staff is very friendly and tries to help. Rooms are clean with new AC units which are pretty quiet. Food in the restaurants and bars is reasonable for Grenada. Happy Hour is every evening from 6-7 all local drinks and local beer is 1/2 price. The Manager holds a nice cocktail party with food and rum punch on Tuesday evenings. Upon arrival you are served a fruit punch while waiting to check-in. Things go ralatively slow in Grenada so be patient and understand the pace of life is much slower than most people are use to. The hotel has excellent security - even though we never felt it was needed they were always present along the beachfront and at the entrance. The new easy to use safees in each room were great. There are now 3 bars - pool, beachside/pool and main bar. The pool bar by the waterfalls closes around 5 or so, but the other 2 bars are open late. For parents of SGU students they offer a special discount and really appreciate the parents staying at the hotel. A big plus is on of the SGU bus stops/turarounds is right accross the street from the resort making it very easy for students to meet up with their parents. On parents weekend parents can ride the buses to and from the True Blue campus. We never ran out of hot water in the shower!
Cons: Bar service is slow the result of staff not being properly trained on how to make drinks. The bartenders also have too many local tropical drinks to memorize the proportions so the same drink from different bartenders or even the same bartender may taste different. Each time the bartenders pour liquor they unscrew the cap, pour out the liquor then rescrew the bottle caps, which takes too much time. Apparently they have never heard of pourers on bottles. The whole resort has been recently painted, however the housekeeping carts and baggage carts have already nicked the railings on the 2nd floor and scraped the exterior walls. If you need a beach towel you need to go the the front desk. This is the only resort i have ever stayed at where there were not piles of towels by the pools and near or on the beach. No one tells you that you need to get your pool/beach towels from the front desk. When you try and print out anything from the 3 computers in the Bus. Room you have to email the documents to the hotel for them to printout even though there is a printer in the Bus. Room next to the computers. This is just plain dumb having to get the email address from the front desk, send the email, go back to the front desk tell them you sent the email and ask them to print out the attachments. Someone who knows how to properly train employees and understands how to be efficient needs to come in for a few weeks toget everyone working as a team - often it seems like the left hand does not know what the right hand is doing. The wait staff did not seem to be assigned specific areas so 2-3 different persons could come by to take your order or no one may come by because they thought someone else was taking care of you.At the time of this writing there was only one operating ice machine for guests - note you need to use your room card to operate the ice machine.
With good training, attention to detail, review of processes to improve efficiency and proper maintenance, this resort can be moved from being very good one to an excellent place to stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated along the white sands of Grand Anse Beach, the beautiful Resort offers its guests uncompromising Radisson service and facilities. Wether strolling through the beautiful lush tropical gardens, relaxing in the Swimming Pools and Beachfront Bars, or keeping fit on the Tennis Courts and enjoying the Water Sports; our Team of trained staff will ensure your stay is relaxing and memorable. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with West Indies, Expedia, Priceline, Carlson, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Radisson Grenada Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grenada Grand Beach Hotel Grand Anse
- Grenada Grand Beach Resort
- Hotel Grenada Grand Beach
- Radisson Grenada Beach Resort Grand Anse