“50% being refurbised”

Radisson Grenada Beach Resort
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Grand Anse
Reviewed December 28, 2013

If I had known the rooms had not been refurbished as advertised we probably wouldn't have stayed here. I had moved from Flamboyant hotel where it was cheaper, I was perfectly happy and had far better view of the beach. We paid extra for the beach view here but being on ground level meant seeing workmen walking past constantly so we kept the curtains drawn most of the time. The pool by the beach was closed for refurbishment and a section of the hotel was under construction. It was a little noisy and it just didn't create a relaxing atmosphere. I suppose their saving grace is their gorgeous large wrap around pool where we spent most of our time. We weren't blessed with good weather so didn't spend much time on the beach. Although be warned, there's some kind of pipe from the hotel that pumps dirty water into the sea. Location wise it was a little more convenient given that some shops and small restaurants were walking distance. I'd wait until they have completed their refurb.

Room Tip: I'm not sure it's worth paying for ocean view here unless it's on 2nd or 3rd floor.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank scldn2hk
Judd L, General Manager at Radisson Grenada Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded December 29, 2013

Dear Sirchan

I apologize for your less than satisfactory stay. Unfortunately our renovation progress has been delayed for various reasons which pushed it into the busy season. I totally understand your comments of workers moving around, but I am sure that once we are finished you would be very happy with the property, and we would love to welcome you back.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,883)

Reviewed November 15, 2013 via mobile

Slightly dusty tile floor on ground floor beach view room. Causeway undergoing renovations. Lobby impressive. A three star hotel on a four star beach front property. Hope Radison turns this place around. This place is undergoing MASSIVE RENOVATIONS. Interesting to see what it will look like next year. Restaurant and bar = delicious local menu. Staff extremely friendly. Workout center is premier.

• Stayed: November 2013
5  Thank retacSBoy
Reviewed November 11, 2013

My wife and I just returned from a 5 day stay at the Grenada Grand Beach Resort. She was there for work with the St. George University Medical School and I was tagging along. The hotel is in an absolutely beautiful setting, right on Grand Anse Beach. Even in November it was 94 degrees and the air conditioning in our room felt great. We had a balcony room on the second floor looking out over the beach, a terrific view. It was a good 5 minute walk though to our room from the lobby. They were doing a lot of renovating on the property and it was quite loud and inconvenient with a lot of closed walkways. There was also each night a very loud sound from little tiny birds that made these sounds until dawn. The walls between rooms were paper thin and unfortunately our neighbors wanted to party all night. There were several pools one huge pool that had two waterfalls and two bridges across it, it was absolutely delightful. The food at the hotel was overpriced and not very good, in fact I got chicken one night and I am not convinced it was really chicken. They were not that helpful at the desk, they did not even have a map of the area. The lobby is open and we saw several little lizards around. The setting is absolutely fabulous and what gives it a very good rating, the service was good but not great, towels left out of the room. Some of the staff seemed like they were doing you a favor by talking to you.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the back on the second floor with a balcony overlooking the beach.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Gary B
Reviewed November 11, 2013

Stayed here for a few days because I was attending a conference in Grenada and the conference room at this hotel was the venue.
Check- in was painfully slow, although we were the first and only 2 persons there at the desk needing to be checked- in.
There were 3 persons at the front desk and we were probably there for about 15-20 minutes waiting for them to complete the check-in process.
Each time I thought they were done, the person at the terminal had to call over one of the other 2 and then they had to call over a 4th person to aid them in having us checked - in.
I thought it would have been simple because I had brought with me a print-out of my reservation confirmation. I was wondering if something was getting lost in translation.
The room was average. Thankfully the bed was comfortable.
Staff at breakfast was smiling and welcoming. However, food was mediocre at best.
We felt that considering the price per night of the room that better service and amenities should have been offered.
Pros: wifi is complimentary. The hotel is situated on the beach. Cable TV is offered.
Cons: islanders on the beach could be heard from our room engaging in heated arguments loaded with expletives.
We queried the amount held on our credit card by the front desk staff on check- in because it was more than the amount agreed to on our reservation confirmation.
The front desk staff were guessing(!!) as to why the amount was more and insisting there was no error but giving feeble and poor explanations for the discrepancy. Eventually, after about 15 mins of disagreements, they said they could not help and we would have to wait until someone from reservation came. I was terribly confused, asking why the front desk could not give a reasonable explanation.
We had to return 2 hours later to meet with someone else who admitted that the person we were interacting with had made a mess of explaining the held amount.
Additionally, our flight out was at 8.45pm and thus we asked for late check- out. We were told our room would be needed and we would have to leave at 12noon. We did not bother to stay until closer to the time we would be flying out. We went straight to the airport and waited 7 hours in the departure area for our flight. Whilst there, the duty free shops staff were confused about why we were there so early. When I explained that late check - out had not been accommodated, they were appalled as they said this was low season and the hotel was running fairly empty.
I would not like to stay here again and for anyone else visiting, I hope your experience is better than mine was.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else with better value for money
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
4  Thank summer789
Reviewed November 8, 2013

This is a nice resort in a great location. It isn't the fanciest resort on the beach, but it isn't the most expensive either. The location right in the middle of the expansive beach makes it very convenient. We like it because ther is a designated bus stop right at the end of the drive so it is easy to get to anywhere. Across the street is a grocery store, bank, and a few shops.

Construction is ongoing but does not interfere with your enjoyment of the property. The workers are very accommodating and try to keep the space safe and clutter free. We were actually impressed with the crew's progress during the week we were there.

Pools are beautiful, grounds full of flowering plants, access to the beach is quite easy.

We found the staff to be very helpful. We had a little emergency at check in since my wife had been stung on her hand prior to leaving the states. By the time we got to the resort it was clear her ring had to be cut off. This can't be an everyday maintenance call. The front desk immediately called in help and they determined it was possible without causing any injury. They very carefully cut the ring off and relieved the agony. Thank you again for going above and beyond!

Room Tip: We always choose beachside because we like to listen to the waves.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SaltoSapo
Reviewed October 22, 2013

We were looking for a hotel room that was just a few steps from the sand and we certainly found it here. The sand was white and the 80+ degree water was calm and turquoise in color. Very relaxing and beautiful. There were a few vendors on the beach, but a "no thank you" moved them along. Actually they were kind of fun and added color.
We were there in Oct 2013 which is off season and we had the hotel nearly to ourselves, yet the weather was sunny and nice everyday. We had a few showers at night and a few during the day with the sun shining as the rain fell.
There was construction going on (this hotel will soon be part of the Radisson chain), but it did not bother us. Just a few miles from St. Georges, and there are also grocery stores, etc. right across the street.
We stayed in a Beachfront Executive which was also just steps away from their big, winding pool with a couple of waterfalls. The Oasis bar at the pool served good food and not that expensive,
Loved the fish wraps with mango chutney which I think were $11.USD The breakfast buffet in the main restaurant for $20.USD was well stocked...waffles, omelettes, bacon, sausage, etc., toast, sweet rolls, cereal juice and fruit. As I had read in other reviews, I wish there had been more "island fruit" like papaya, mango, etc. Did have paw paw (papaya) twice, but otherwise it was watermelon and grapefruit.
I would definitely recommend this hotel to friends. The rooms were fairly basic, but clean and had everything you would need. The staff were all wonderfully helpful and courteous.
I took school supplies and some clothes which they seemed to appreciate.
We found Grenada and the Grenada Grand to be undiscovered jewels. Shhhhh!

Room Tip: Executive Beachfront rooms on the first floor let you walk right out to the beach and still have a v...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 15, 2013

The service in this hotel is not overwhelming at all. When we entered our room we still found the towels of our predecessors in the bath tub. The ice machine is not working since 4 days now and there are no fridges on the rooms. The restaurant staff is not the speediest of all and the coffe is instant brewed. But most of all annoying is the loud sound of my neighbor's TV that I can hear as if it were right in my room, which is the reason why I am awake now and have time to write this review! And I have to be up early in the morning to go to the hotel...
All in all, the price is way above what you get for it.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank Sven H
Also consider these accommodations in or near Grand Anse
True Blue Bay Boutique Resort
Calabash Luxury Boutique Hotel
Calabash Luxury Boutique Hotel
#1 of 4 in Lance aux Epines
Petite Anse Beachfront Hotel & Restaurant Grenada
Petite Anse Beachfront Hotel & R...
#1 of 1 in Saint Patrick Parish
Coyaba Beach Resort
Coyaba Beach Resort
#3 of 11 in Grand Anse
Spice Island Beach Resort
Spice Island Beach Resort
#1 of 11 in Grand Anse
Mount Cinnamon Resort & Beach Club

Been to Radisson Grenada Beach Resort? Share your experiences!