My wife and I visited from Feb 16-23 and we had a very relaxing trip. The beach, pool, & grounds are great, and it had a nice, easy-going feel. On the other hand their mismanagement of all-inclusive guests is a big problem.
ROOMS – Clean and functional (until the towels ran out) and was fine overall. In line with a 3 star hotel. On the plus side the furniture was new and the mattress was very comfortable.
POOLS & GROUNDS – The fantasy pool was absolutely wonderful. Very tranquil with lots of chairs and umbrellas. On the downside, the water was a bit too cool and the jaccuzzis were not any hotter than the pool. There are sections in need of repairs but overall it was one of the nicest pools I have seen. There is also a smaller, standard pool by the entrance that was good for cooling off. The common areas (especially around the fantasy pool) are landscaped wonderfully and with it being an older resort you get the benefit of mature plants. We also loved the decor of the restaurants/bars, modern yet laid-back. Outside of the main areas the resort is quite tired and could use some work.
BEACH – The resort has the best location on Grand Anse. Soft sand, blue water, trees for shade…great place to relax and soak in the sun or go for a walk. We never had an issue finding chairs but I would imagine that it could be a problem if the resort had been fuller. Also happy that the vendors aren’t too numerous or pushy. I recommend walking past the end of the bay over to Morne Rouge (aka BBC) beach for a really quiet spot.
ENTERTAINMENT – Not much happening on the resort. Every night has some music playing in the main bar area but generally we were too tired from walking & swimming to stay for long. We actually liked the fact that it remained quiet around the resort as made it even more peaceful.
FOOD – We were on the all-inclusive plan so all of our meals were buffet with lunches/dinners at the Tradewinds and lunch at the Oasis grill. The meals were adequate but very repetitive. Breakfast was your basic buffet (eggs, toast, sausages, bacon). Lunch by the pool was BBQ (burgers, hot dogs, side dishes) and dinners were a boring selection of meats and sides that were not much different from what was found at lunch. The frozen cocktails at the bars were absolutely phenomenal, I’m dreaming of coconut toastie right now!
One complaint is that there was no way to identify all inclusive guests so we were constantly being asked by confused staff for our room number which we had to keep reminding them was all inclusive. We also had to keep asking if certain things were included or not, which most of the staff had no idea of the answer to. We felt like criminals on a number of occasions as we were chased down by staff as we left the buffet and had to provide our room number…again.
The worst event was on our final day where we checked out at noon but still had 2 hours before the bus left for the airport and when we went for our final meal we were surprised to find out that our all-inclusive privileges had come to an end. We have stayed at many resorts over the years and this has never happened. Coincidentally the manager was also eating lunch at the same time and instead of rectifying the situation simply gave us a “too bad”. It is a shame that this was the final impression of the resort as it has certainly cost them in my rating.
But I must note that even though confused, the bar & restaurant staff were amongst the nicest people you will meet.
PROS – Nice beach location, fantasy pool, landscaping, staff
CONS – All-inclusive guest mismanagement, food selection, some sections of the resorts are in need of repair
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated along the white sands of Grand Anse Beach, the beautiful Resort offers its guests uncompromising Radisson service and facilities. Wether strolling through the beautiful lush tropical gardens, relaxing in the Swimming Pools and Beachfront Bars, or keeping fit on the Tennis Courts and enjoying the Water Sports; our Team of trained staff will ensure your stay is relaxing and memorable. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Carlson, West Indies, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Radisson Grenada Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grenada Grand Beach Hotel Grand Anse
- Grenada Grand Beach Resort
- Hotel Grenada Grand Beach
- Radisson Grenada Beach Resort Grand Anse