“A Grand Ole Time...!”

Radisson Grenada Beach Resort
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Grand Anse
Reviewed January 22, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Grand Beach Resort for 3 days in late January and we had an excellent time. I've stayed at several all-inclusive type resorts and none of them have compared to the quality that I've seen at Grand Beach Resort...!!! The staff had incredible attitudes and they would stop what they were doing to help you out. They smiled when they walked past you and made sure to wish you a happy day. That mood is contagious sometimes. Also - the food and drinks were very reasonably priced and DELICIOUS...!! I guess I'm used to resorts that water down the drinks - but the rum punch and pina coladas here were amazing. The food takes a bit of time to come out, but well worth the wait - and you have to remember that you are on vacation - and in the Caribbean nonetheless...! I thought the property itself was absolutely beautiful and pristine. They were constantly tending to the gardens and the pools (not in an annoying - in your way - way). The landscaping actually brought me peace of mind - and the way they had the place decorated. I almost felt like I was on a relaxation retreat. The place was not dead empty, but not too crowded either. I'm used to having to fight for a decent pool chair - but none of that here. Also - they don't put too much info about this on their website - but you can actually book a number of tours with/near the hotel. There is a small tour agency attached and if you ask at the front desk they will give you info and prices for hiking, snorkeling, city tours, scuba diving etc - that will pick you up from the hotel and are at a good price compared to other places I had seen. Highly recommend the hiking tour that is a half-day - our guide Mac was very knowledgeable about every single leaf and stem in Grenada. Location is ideal - near the airport, right on the beach, close to a supermarket, and the marina and downtown and other restaurants are a short cab away. All in all, we had a Grand (Beach Resort) Ole Time :)

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,883)

Reviewed January 20, 2013

this is a nice hotel in a popular location, but is desparately in need of some attention in the repairs and refurb department. the accomodation buildings look like something from Cell Block H and the rooms, whilst clean, are just very well worn. the pools are great and staff are really friendly although they sometimes lose focus on the matter at hand.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Steve W
Brian C, General Manager at Radisson Grenada Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments.
I apoligize for not meeting your expectations, however we are in the process
of renovating our rooms; shortly 18 more will be completed.
we are focused on delivering a memorable experience for our guests and will continue to do our best to achieve this.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed January 17, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the GGBR for three nights prior to our sailing trip with Island Windjammers,and again for two nights after sailing.

Our check-in went smoothly both times, although on the second check-in we had to wait a bit for our room, as we were there early (10:30 am).

The grounds are beautiful and well maintained. We looked at the pools but didn't use them - we much prefer the beach, and Grand Anse Beach is beautiful, so we didn't want squander the chance to enjoy it. The pools, from a distance, look lovely.

Our room was an Executive Beachfront. While it is certainly not "luxury", it is not advertised as such, and we were pleased with our room. It was clean, cool, and the bed was comfortable. The bathroom was roomy and bright, although nothing special or luxurious, again, our expectations were met exactly - clean and modern.

We had a small refrigerator in our room, as well as a safe for valuables. The room was equipped with several 110v outlets, so I was able to use my blow dryer without the adapters I brought.

We ate our meals off-site, only making use of the bars. We did order a pizza late-night once while at the bar, and it was pretty good.

The one criticism I have of GGBR is that the staff needs better training. For instance, one particular bartender would take our order and simply walk off and do something else, or just stand around for a few minutes. She would eventually get around to filling our order. Popping the cap off two beer bottles is not much work but seemed a monumental effort to her. Not once did we experience instantaneous order-and-receive operation with her. Other bar staff seemed much more responsive, although, most of them operate on the usual "island time" - no sense of urgency to fill an order. I understand island time, but even the most patient and understanding among us have our limits.

There were exceptions on the staff, however. A young man by the name of Diasha Ross was the most friendly, helpful, professional employee we encountered. We later found out he had his training at La Source which is now closed. The difference in his attitude and professionalism really shined in comparison to the other employees. Also, a young lady by the name of Aisha served us one evening, and likewise, she was professional and polished, with a sense of urgency about serving the customer. If GGBR were to train all of their employees to be like these two, they would have a winning operation!

On our second stay, we were surprised to find a sweet treat left for us after our arrival - two heart shaped brownies. This kind of attention to the guests can make the difference in the decision to return to a place, recommend it to others, or not.

We would definitely stay here again. And I would definitely recommend GGBR. Just don't go here expecting opulence, luxury or anything over the top. Expect a good, clean room, and mostly friendly staff, and you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
5  Thank D W
Brian C, General Manager at Radisson Grenada Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2013

Reviewed January 15, 2013

I have been around a bit so I know the life and I have never felt the need to come here and make comments although I have been begged so many times. Now before my travel I came to the travel bible (Trip Advisor) to check the review of this place and wonder how hard it is to please one person @ this place after all i am not hard to please. My wife and I arrived @ GGBR via Air Canada Vacations and as we drove in she says they were right about the grounds it look beautiful.Got to the lobby and the young man assisted in getting our bag out and show us to the counter. There we were checked in by a gentle man with a great smile and was very interactive asked about the flight and the weather while the other young man brought us drinks. My wife had a few questions and he was very informative, was like a directory had all the answers. We were then escorted to our rooms we had reserved a Garden view room with a king bed. As the escort left we then looked around and that is where things just went downhill. The beds full of lumps like the sheets were not put on good, then entered the bathroom and there were 2 roaches in there anyway, could not find a TV remote anyway handled all that like a man. Went to the shopping center and topped up on my soda and water and when i got back could not find a fridge, when I called guest services told me that it comes at an additional cost upon advance request.
Went to dinner those folks were snails it took me almost 10 mins to get a glass of water and other 15mins to get my order taken and then another 90 mins to be served. Do not know if that is a strategy to get us to buy more drinks while waiting for food and when the food arrived is was not worth my wait it was tasteless. Better we had just gone to bed hungry.
Next day we skipped breakfast just could not deal with another disaster. So we decided to go back to the best part of the hotel the front desk lucky we meet the same smiling face gentle man well of course this time i made sure i got a name this time. We wanted to be adventurous which he advice may be a good way to explore and see the island, he even got us a car rental which was very reliable and nice @ a good price.
Grenada was just amazing visited the fort which has a wonderful history and a nice view. Also did the waterfall the trails around the lakes a must visit is the River Antoine Estate which produces rum and the Belmont Estate which produce local dark chocolate bars.
For the rest our stay we ate out you can try the Beach House, BB'S crab back, La Luna and Le Chateau. All were great and offer a different style cooking to meet your every need.
We also had a chance to hang out @ a bar with some locals and asked their opinion of the hotel and what keep coming up was that their staff turn over was high from management to line staff. And i guess that is where the problem might be staff lies staff are playing way more attention an trying to gets things done the right way cause they fear of been fired than giving the guest the top quality service to make them a repeater or a good reviewer.
And i guess what the local know what they were saying cause when I asked for my smiling friend @ the desk he was no where to be seen again unless he was promoted.
At the end of it all Grenada is a nice place with lovely people, the GGBR place is nice right on the beach but most of there service sucks.
Yes i do recommend Grenada as a destination but not the Grand Beach.
Favorite person Anna-Marie and Haden.

2  Thank kimboostar
Brian C, Manager at Radisson Grenada Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2013

I am very pleased that your check in was memorable.

However please accept my apologizes for not meeting your service expectations.

I have discussed your comments with our Management and staff;
Please be assured that measures have been put in place to avoid a similar re occurance.

Our commitment is to exceed our guests expectations.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed January 15, 2013

Do NOT trust this hotel with your BOOKING, or CREDIT CARD!!!!!!!!!

I made a booking months in advance of a planned family and friends holiday and with one week to go these idiots cancelled ALL of our rooms with no reason given, just a stupid email saying they can try to assist us find another hotel!!! Their terms and conditions state that all room bookings are guaranteed upon receipt of a credit card, but DO NOT believe them! They had my credit card details for months and still cancelled all my rooms without warning. These guys are despicable, dishonest, untrustworthy, plus the manager who is also the owner lied to me personally about my booking. I had booked this hotel for it's fantastic location more than the hotel itself. We have stayed at the hotel before. Don't be fooled by the grand entrance with it's cheap rattan furniture and the cheap homemade welcome drink of rum punch which actually doesn't contain any rum! Once you get to your room the disappointment really starts, but by then it is too late. The rooms are less than average as is the hotel itself. It is old from some 30 years ago and has only had cosmetic upgrades such as paint and new floor tiles added in that time! it struggles for cleanliness, the bathrooms are old even though they have added a lick of paint and changed the toilet seats! They have put new matresses, but the base of the bed remains over 20 years old and nasty under the covers!!! The a/c units of the old fashioned split unit type and are noisey and it is impossible to sleep at night with them whirling away. The tv's are the old crt big tv types, they have not got round to upgrading them since 10 years ago! the curtains in our room and that of others we could see were old, dropping and missing links so they hung uncomfortably from the curtain pole. One side of our curtain didn't even have material on it, just the inner backing material - ridiculous! The bathroom doors are so old they no longer fit within the frames which have moved. The baths are stain from age. The wardrobe doors are all loose and do not fit, they only supply 3 hangers. Worst of all, the rooms have pesky mosquitos and sand flies and if your alergic to these little critters do not go there. The main swimming pool deck and tiles are so decayed they are off colour adn the water is definitely not chlorinated or cleaned. The only advantage to staying at this hotel is it's location. We never eat at the hotel as we have been ill previously from it's breakfast. If you want just a clean bed, but no star service then this is the place to stay, but keep your eye on your valuables. If you want a safe booking and a better hotel go next door to the COYOBA Beach Resort. This hotel is much nicer, only a couple dollars more expensive, 4 star as opposed to the 2 star Grand Beach, their restaurant is also fantastic as opposed to the poor Grand Beach restaurant. So - use this hotel for a room only and access to the fantastic beach, but do not stay here unless you just can't afford anything better like us. There is so much more I could tell you about this hotel, but it would take a book to detail the shameful condition of this establishment. By the way, check out the 20 year burnt out and dangerous building in the ground! Parents - DO NOT TAKE YOUR KIDS TO THIS HOTEL, if you do keep your eye on them!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
7  Thank Lee B

I apologize for any misunderstanding, but all confirmed reservations are honoured by the Resort.

We are pleased that you enjoyed our location on the famous Grand Anse beach.

Many of our rooms have been upgraded and another phase will shortly be completed.
The floor tiles have been replacedand the bathrooms completely renovated with stand-up showers,modern vanity and sliding doors.
Our wardrobe doors have been completely renovated to a very high standard and flat screen televisions are in quite a number of our rooms.

We are very disappointed when we do not meet the expectations of our guests,
However, we will continue to make every effort to ensure that we deliver a memorable experience.

Reviewed January 13, 2013

I stayed here for a day. The grounds are immaculate, but the service is so so. I know the Caribbean is relaxed, but the service here is beyond relaxed. Add that to being severely understaffed and you have 20 minute wait just to get a beverage. Beyond that the grounds are beautiful! They have multiple pools, 2 with waterfalls. They have hammocks by the beach where you can sit and read books, or if you choose you can hang out in one of the multiple lounge areas, all with tv's, comfy furniture, and enjoy the open air.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank GlasaG
Also consider these accommodations in or near Grand Anse
True Blue Bay Boutique Resort
Calabash Luxury Boutique Hotel
Calabash Luxury Boutique Hotel
#1 of 4 in Lance aux Epines
Petite Anse Beachfront Hotel & Restaurant Grenada
Petite Anse Beachfront Hotel & R...
#1 of 1 in Saint Patrick Parish
Coyaba Beach Resort
Coyaba Beach Resort
#3 of 11 in Grand Anse
Spice Island Beach Resort
Spice Island Beach Resort
#1 of 11 in Grand Anse
Mount Cinnamon Resort & Beach Club

Been to Radisson Grenada Beach Resort? Share your experiences!