“Best dive shop with the BEST crew!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Aquanauts Grenada

Aquanauts Grenada
Ranked #2 of 10 things to do in Grand Anse
More attraction details
Owner description: Fun trips for snorkelers and divers to Grenada's Underwater Sculptures and Marine Park and Adventure Dives to the many wreck dive sites like Bianca C and Shakem. Aquanauts provides scuba classes from beginner to technical diving and is a rebreather friendly facility.
Lake Forest, California
200 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 895 helpful votes
“Best dive shop with the BEST crew!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2013 via mobile

Aquanauts Grenada

Now this is a shop that's got it ALL together! Not often do you find that one's dive package comes with Nitrox. You can choose to dive air, but there is no additional charge to dive with Nitrox. Not certified to dive Nitrox? No worries, you can take the course right there and enjoy the advantages of diving with this mixture.

The staff was awesome! Peter and his wife have hired a great crew. Captain Bugsy McQueen has a great sense of humor. He does a great job watching out for the divers coming on and disembarking his boat. A lot of the dives we did were drift dives. I was impressed that he was able to keep the divers in his sites and have the boat near by once we all surfaced. His crew and dive masters: Reece and Bruce were like no other. They do a great job moving, setting up, changing equipment before, during and after dives. We didn't ever have to worry about our gear. Mind it that we went down as a scuba group of 18, but it was nice not to have to haul gear on/off the boat after our dives. Bruce and his dragon cap did a wonderful job as the Master Diver and ensuring we saw even the tiniest of seahorses. Reece took a dive slate on the dive and would write down the name of what he was going to point at to ensure we knew what were were seeing. Both of these guys went above and beyond the call of duty when taking care of our group of divers. They make your time spent on their boat, truly a pleasure!

Your dive package not enough? No worries! We easily added on several extra dives each day which enabled us to get our fill of the Caribbean Sea. Oh! Don't miss diving at the Underwater Sculpture Park.

Visited April 2013
2 Thank Michelle G

St. George's, Grenada
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Great service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013 via mobile

As someone who was new to snorkeling, the instructor was really patient and took time with me so I wont be left behind. They are true masters and made me feel comfortable. Definitely gonna dive with them.

13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“Great choice, whether at Grand Anse or True Blue”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2013

Aquanauts is a first rate dive shop, ready to serve all your needs with a smile. The friendly personnel were able to piece together a boat so we could join to go snorkeling while other were doing their first dives. The knowledge by the staff and the guided snorkeling was awesome! I will be coming back to become dive certified as listening to the instruction, it was obvious they knew what they are doing and made me feel very safe. We left from the True Blue location but the captain was nice enough to drop us off on the shore of Grand Anse on our return so we could relax on the beach.

2 Thank ajax1995
London
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Outstanding Dive Operation”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2013

I had dived with Aquanauts Grenada 5 years before, dived with someone else the next time I went to Grenada, and came back to Aquanauts. Excellent Boats, - even the small one is big by most standards, all have showers, shade and sun, full facilities, GPS, radios and phones. The Dive staff, boat, shore and office staff are extremely good - friendly, efficient and professional. The team is very experienced and many of the staff were still there - that must be a testimony to their excellence! The owners are fully involved in the running of it and make sure to greet the guests. The diving procedures are properly followed and there is a high proportion of dive masters or instructors leading the dives, so experienced and beginner divers are all accommodated. Nitrox is free, they do a fantastic Fluo dive at night (special) - I'd never done this before and Paul took his Saturday night to take me. Wow - amazing, and outstanding service. You don't carry your gear or tanks to and from the boat (awesome when you're on holiday!) and you feel personally looked after by every one in the team. Pricing for a bundle of dives is reasonable, and you get good value for money. I will be back - as soon as I can!

1 Thank Jeannie3sea
Richmond, Surrey
31 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 61 helpful votes
“Great dive centre - professional, helpful and fun.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

This is the third year that I have dived with Aquanauts in Grenada, and I look forward to diving with them each year.
All the staff are great - extremely professional and safety conscious, incredibly helpful, and great fun to be with too - what more could you ask for?
They run the biggest dive boats on the island, which means you don't have to bake during the surface interval but can relax in the shade. It also means there is lots of room for everybody's gear and you are not all on top of each other.
Their knowledge of the various dive sites is excellent, and their ability to spot unusual fish or underwater creatures is quite amazing - they seem to have a sixth sense when it comes to finding small and perfectly camouflaged Frogfish!
I always take my own gear (thank you Virgin Atlantic for allowing an extra bag for certified divers!), and leave it with them after each day of diving. Everything is always on the boat the next morning, having been rinsed and dried in the meantime.
As a qualified dive instructor, I am very particular about the centre that I dive with, and I would wholeheartedly recommend Aquanuats - from the beginner to the experienced diver and beyond, they are the dive centre of choice!

Visited May 2013