“Fantastic, safe diving”
Review of Aquanauts Grenada

Aquanauts Grenada
Ranked #2 of 11 things to do in Grand Anse
More attraction details
Owner description: Fun trips for snorkelers and divers to Grenada's Underwater Sculptures and Marine Park and Adventure Dives to the many wreck dive sites like Bianca C and Shakem. Aquanauts provides scuba classes from beginner to technical diving and is a rebreather friendly facility.
London, United Kingdom
31 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 50 helpful votes
“Fantastic, safe diving”
Reviewed June 23, 2013

Spent a week at True Blue Bay Resort in Grenada which boasts a Davie Centre in its grounds run by Aquanauts Grenada. I am an experienced diver and have dived in many parts of the world and I must say that I was impressed with the efficiency and professionalism of the entire team at Aquanauts. They strongly encourage all divers to use Nitrox, if they are qualified to do so, which they supply at no extra charge. Their pre-dive briefings we're thorough and informative and whilst I didn't hire any of their equipment, it looked to be in good condition. Unlike many other dive centres in the Caribbean, Aquanauts cater equally for beginners and experienced divers, and offered a variety of dive sites including scenic, reef, and wreck sites. I particularly enjoyed the dives on the wrecks of the Shakem and the Bianca C, the latter being for more advanced divers as it sits at 50m requiring a dive depth of at least 35m to really see the wreck and enjoy the dive. Also the engrossing and eerie statues of Jason de Cares Taylor are a must see.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank UKDAB

Newport, NH
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“What great people”
Reviewed June 17, 2013

We called three of four dive and snorkel operations and found Aquanauts to be the friendliest and coincidentally the most affordable. They will pick you up at your hotel or resort, return you there and meet all of your needs with super friendly professional service.

I have snorkeled and scuba dived in several countries and islands and i can say without hesitation that these people were both the friendliest and most professional.

They also offer dives to ship wrecks few others did. But is is the staff that truly made this outfit the best in my view.

The boat and equipment and knowledge and overall experience were also worthy of recognition. If you go to Grenada, this is the outfit to call.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank SethandAnn
Oxford, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Superb diving, brilliant instructors”
Reviewed May 20, 2013

In brief: an outstanding dive centre with excellent equipment, excellent boats, and most importantly, excellent staff (from the owners to the dive instructors and masters). Let them show you what Grenadian diving has to offer!

In detail: we were doing our open water conversion course in Grenada, and picked Aquanauts because serious dive forums spoke very favourably about them, reviews were extremely positive, and because they have top-level PADI accreditation.

The atmosphere is really positive; it’s clear they take all the important stuff very seriously, but they are confident, relaxed and friendly too. Their people are an impressive asset.

Reece, our dive instructor, is a great guy. He made us feel relaxed, made sure we got the most out of our 4 conversion dives, by combining the teaching with exploration. We learnt a lot from him. He has a sixth sense for spotting sea creatures: on every dive with him we saw long lists of colourful fish, coral and sponges. He pointed things out to us, writing names of fish on his tablet.

I took my GoPro with me to film underwater, and one of the owners, Peter, spent ten minutes helping me configure it, offering advice on how to get the most out of it.

Once qualified, we did another 6 dives. All of the dive guides are excellent – Paul, Bugsy, Bruce, Floyd, Larry are very knowledgeable, helpful, and had a great sense of humour and pride in their island and its aquatic wildlife, which is without doubt stunningly beautiful.

Worth mentioning that we were told by other divers with a lot more experience than us that Aquanauts is one of the best dive outfits they’d been to, which speaks for itself. Being dropped off on Grand Anse was fun (and helpful) too.

We will be back, hopefully soon. Thanks guys!

Visited May 2013
1 Thank TDlovessun
North Bay, Canada
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Great value and quality guide”
Reviewed April 15, 2013

We enjoyed a four hour excursion on one of the dive boats. There were three groups on board: advanced divers, some new divers and three of us seeking a chance to go snorkeling. It worked out great thanks to the professionals involved. Our little group of three had its own instructor/guide. We had two dives with lots to see. My wife still talks about discovering a yellow spotted moray eel. Enjoyed being in the midst of the other "divers" as they shared their experiences. Excellent value! Would do this again ... most likely selecting a time that would provide two different dive sites.

Visited March 2013
Brentwood, United Kingdom
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“Best Of The Best”
Reviewed March 30, 2013

I have been a dive professional since 1995 and dived at many dive centres around the world, Aquanauts are quiet simply up with the best of the best. It has been my pleasure to dive with them over five trips to Grenada each time doing multiple dives over multiple days. The service I have received is first class and I would have no hesitation in recommending them to any diver irrespective of your level of training.
The boats are spacious, divers are broken into small groups so that they dive with divers of similar abilitity so everyone gets the best dive they can.
Looking for some or all of the following?
Hotel pick ups.
Nitrox at no extra cost.
Rebreather diving.
No hauling dive gear through waves to the boat.
Excellent, friendly, knowledgeable staff.
SDI & PADI courses
Then save yourself some time and go to Aquanauts first.
Aquanauts seem to have a lot of return visitors there is a very good reason for that, they work hard to be the best and achieve it. I will be back to Grenada again and will be diving Aquanauts.

Visited March 2013