“Very good dive outfit”
Review of Aquanauts Grenada

Aquanauts Grenada
Ranked #2 of 11 things to do in Grand Anse
More attraction details
Owner description: Fun trips for snorkelers and divers to Grenada's Underwater Sculptures and Marine Park and Adventure Dives to the many wreck dive sites like Bianca C and Shakem. Aquanauts provides scuba classes from beginner to technical diving and is a rebreather friendly facility.
London
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 85 helpful votes
“Very good dive outfit”
Reviewed July 19, 2012

We chose the True Blue Resort because Aquanauts have their main hub there (as well as La Source and Spice Island) and the convience suited us. We've dived before in locations where we've been picked up and transferred and we prefer the proximity. See my report on True Blue elsewhere.

We dived aroudnd 50 times with these guys and I did a number of courses to get my MSD. From start to end we were treated very well, good instructors and DM's, friendly crew, counter staff and a real sense that these guys enjoy what they do. Good safety, good briefs, clean and well sized boats.

Coral was beautiful but have seen more life elsewhere, the wrecks are also pretty good - 3 wrecks, Veronica and the Bucaneer were our favourites. Bianca C was OK but the visibility was bad for most of our time there so didn't really appreciate its size or presence. At 39m you can swim in its old pool.The vis did start to clear on the Atlantic side towards the end but 10-15m was typical most days - not the dive shops fault obviously! I have seen piuctures when the water has been clear so obviously our timing was bad.

My only area for improvement would be that the refreshments on the boat were a little stingy and similar everyday - cold tea/ water and bananas - I have seen better elsewhere. Also the shop doesnt have a great deal of choice of kit. Plenty of t-shirts and rash vests but if you leave something vital behind or are just after some new gear, you won't find much in the shop.

Overall, very good and I would dive with them again. A big thanks to Paul, Bruce, Reece, Sean, Bugsy, Larry and all the others for a great couple of weeks.

Visited July 2012

Orinda, California
34 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“A safe and freindly dive operations.”
Reviewed April 8, 2012

The staff was very friendly and very safety conscious. The reefs are in great condition with interesting marine life to enjoy. We did several wreak dives as well.

Visited April 2012
Barbados
34 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 55 helpful votes
“Very Professional”
Reviewed March 21, 2012

My hubby is an Instructor Trainer and Tech instructor with forty years of diving experience; thirty of those spent diving in the military. So when he declares that these guys are good, then you know that is high praise indeed.
I dive recreationally at MD level but I instantly agreed with hubby. Paul, Bruce, Chris, Bugsy and others made three days x3 of diving with Aquanauts a fabulously fun time. Their boat Salsa was a comfortable boat to make entries and exits from, and if I had a complaint it was the smell of diesel at times was a bit strong.
Pre-dive briefs were thorough and everyone was carefully checked off the dive roster before and after entry and exit from the dive. Whoever was the leader for our dives made sure we understood all the signals required for safety, and that we knew what we were likely to see while diving. They were not only very professional but humorous as well, which defused any initial nervousness for some divers.
Special kudos to whoever came up with the idea of bringing a menu for the resort restaurant on board. It meant that on our way in from the morning dives we could select what we wanted for lunch and have it called ahead for our arrival, before departing again for the afternoon dive.
Thanks to everyone at Aquanauts for some fantastic diving in Grenada.

Visited March 2012
Kent, England
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Brilliant Team”
Reviewed February 22, 2012

These guys are brilliant. As newbies who completed our open water in Egypt two years ago, and have only had two dives with an unprofessional team in Barbados since, this team have truly set us back on the right road. If you are new to diving and are looking for a patient friendly team look no further than Aquanauts. Delia (Day-lee-a) in particular.

Nashville, Tennessee
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Tech diving heaven.”
Reviewed December 15, 2011

If you're into tech, or CCRs these guys are great. I did my tech courses with Paul, as well as a few deco dives; he was an excellent instructor, mixing in just the right amount of humour and experience into the course material to keep it interesting.
They're the biggest dive shop on the island, with the largest boat (43' I believe), so you'll definitely be diving with a bunch of people, whether that's what you want or not is up to you. While doing my tech diving, Paul, the other guy diving with us and I would go off our own way so it wasn't a problem for me at all.
Regardless of whether you consider the large boat/larger amount of divers to be a pro or a con, these guys are extremely professional and run a very tight dive shop. The DMs and instructors are very experienced, Paul has over 10,000 dives in Grenada, and kept spotting interesting stuff left and right (three seahorses in a five minute span!).
I had great fun, and when my buddy's watch went haywire and he racked up 20 minutes of deco (vs our five), Paul entertained me by pulling out his slate and playing hangman with me on our deco stop.
Anyway: If you're into tech diving at all, and don't want to spend an arm and a leg, these guys are your best bet. They do everything from OC trimix to CCR trimix and for that sort of diving I can whole heatedly recommend them.

Visited August 2011