Coyaba Beach Resort
$193
$182
Hotels.com
Siesta Hotel(Grand Anse)(Great Value!)
$73
$916
$82
  • Pool
SeaBreeze Hotel(Grand Anse)
No availability for your dates from our partners
1,183 results
All reviewsdress codesteel banda la carte menuvirgin reppool restaurantmain restaurantmelonvirgin holidaysbuffet stylegreat holidaygardens are beautifulplenty of sunbedsswim up barguest servicestable servicest luciaall inclusive package
Reviewed March 8, 2010

After many years sailing the Solent and Channel enduring rain, wind and lack of sun we decided to try the Caribbean hoping for sun!

We decided on a two-centre holiday and were at the Coyaba Beach Hotel from the 28th January (Monarch flight delayed one day) until 3rd February then on Coco Reef Hotel in Tobago for the second week.

For my wife and I Coyaba was wonderful, with lovely gardens, gorgeous flowers and trees leading to the Great Anse beach, the likes of which we had never seen before.
We had a superior garden view room with a little patio and a grass area on which one could have very comfortable loungers with a good thick cushion, not your run-of-the mill styles.

The room was basic with a gigantic bed which was so comfortable; a small fridge; enough storage room; ironing board and best of all tea and coffee making facilities. We used the ceiling fan through the night rather than using the air-conditioning unit. All the staffs were very kind and efficient with the bed-making and keeping the room spotlessly clean, usually finished before 10.30am. and the nightly turn-down was early, not like 9.30 at Coco Reef.

Breakfast was the best meal although there could have been a better selection of cereals and certainly more fruit. The ‘egg lady’ was efficient and quick, although it was best to order the egg, gather your hot selection, which was plenty, and then the egg would be ready.

Lunch we thought was lacking in selection, in both restaurants, much the same every day, so usually compared both menus before making a decision.

Evening meals, we again used both of the restaurants and enjoyed all the food except for our last meal. I decided that I would have the pork chop but our table companions suggested that I give it a miss as he had tried it before. Oh! How I wish I had listened. I really needed a chopper to cut the meat as well as the vegetables, both were rock hard. Some special meals, roasts, steaks, lobster and others had a supplementary cost, although slightly cheaper for those on the All Inclusive tariffs, was, I thought, quite expensive, if you compared with prices in local restaurants.

The staffs in the hotel were all very pleasant, helpful and very efficient.

For those interested in sailing one could use the small hobbie-cats for one hour per day, which I thoroughly enjoyed.

I would most definitely recommend Coyaba, a high quality resort, at a reasonable price.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Spud024
Reviewed March 4, 2010

A group of us stayed here prior to a friend's wedding. The place is very comfortable and relaxed. The staff are very friendly and give a very good service, although it was the end of season and some seemed a bit tired.

The rooms are very good and serviced to a high standard. The food is nice but not top standard but there is always plenty to eat and the bbq evening was very good.

Beautiful beach to relax on with great views.

If you are interested in playing golf the 9 hole course is different but good fun, try it.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with friends
2  Thank longmarch
Reviewed March 1, 2010

In fact, we loved Grenada, all the usual Caribbean beauty, but not over-developed, like some of its neighbors. The people are friendly - it was so nice being among local families on the beach, rather than locked away on a hotel compound. We had three great, reasonably priced personal island tours with Ronnie, Zahed's Tours, which were organized by the concierge - an absolute must, much better than the coach trips. We went to a local village for the fish supper, a tour of the island, with lunch at a cheap but excellent restaurant, and a personal tour of the Saturday market in St George.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jules8Poole_
Reviewed February 28, 2010

The service was absolutely terrible on this visit! The dress code at the restaurant is what they deem it to be rather than what it written. The food is less than impressive and my steak was cold when served and had to wait for a knife. You will receive a coupon to use water sport equipment but don't count on it as they also make up their own rules. Then, when I went to check out at 6am in the morning the had charged me for a breakfast the day before and the morning I checked out, their breakfast starts at 7am. There were two other unapproved charges. They offered to remove one breakfast so I did not sign their form and have contacted my credit card company. WATCH OUT FOR THIS PLACE!

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled on business
6  Thank jd1walker
Reviewed February 25, 2010

My wife and me have just returned to the dismal uk weather, having spent 2 weeks in 30deg plus temperatures at the Coyaba.
It is an extremely well maintained hotel where the majority of the staff are very friendly, the rooms were well laid out, kept very clean by Monica, our maid, and considering that Grenada is suffering a drought, the gardens are fantastic.
We went all inclusive as normal and were a little disappointed with the food. The breakfasts were fine, but when you are in a hot climate the last thing you want for your lunch are stews and other hot foods. The norm would be to have a wider choice of salads and cold meats or fish.
Evening meals varied between buffet and al a carte but again not a very wide choice. It appears that the "senior management" are more interested in cost savings than than the feelings of their guests. My views are the general feelings we listened to from fellow guests.
Come on Coyaba management, you have a fantastic hotel on one of the best beaches I have ever visited, your staff are very polite and always have a smile for you, but your not listening.
Would we visit again? We would love to, but only when the food situation improves. That is the reason for saying no to "would you recomend this hotel to a friend".

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple