Spice Island Beach Resort
Free cancellation until 06/01
Book now, pay at stay
$300
Hotels.com
Siesta Hotel(Grand Anse)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 05/26
$73
$66
$311
$302
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $341/night.

Laluna Hotel(Grand Anse)
$412
$129
Free cancellation until 06/02
$130
$117
SeaBreeze Hotel(Grand Anse)(Great Value!)
Book now, pay at stay
$79
Free cancellation until 05/27
$83
  • Pool
Coyaba Beach Resort(Grand Anse)
Free cancellation until 05/27
$243
Hotwire.com
All reviewssea grapesir roystonseagrape suitespice islandmini barpool suitesmolton brown toiletriesryan hopkinalmond suiteprivate pooljacuzzi bathcocktail partycold towelskids clubmanagement teampatio doorsfine dining
Reviewed May 29, 2014

My wife and I decided to wrap up the final 2 days of our honeymoon in Grenada at the Spice Island. We decided on it based purely on the mostly positive reviews from TA. Don't want to spend a ton of time on this but to say everything but the food was great. The service, the staff, the room were all first rate. The food... not so much. Since we arrived late afternoon our first meal was dinner. I looked at the menu and we had a choice of 3 entrees. Lamb, fish or rabbit. Rabbit??? While I understand I'm in a different country, with different standards for food, I still didn't expect to be offered rabbit. Needless to say rabbit was out for me. I've never liked lamb, and I had just spent 5 days on a boat eating allot of fish I was hoping for a few other choices. Oh well. Ended up a with a fish dish that was mediocre at best. Hoped the next day was better. Sat down at breakfast. Hit the buffet for some fruit first. Cantaloup wasn't ripe. Ordered French toast and scrambled eggs. French toast looked like it had a splash of egg batter on it and then covered with a sugary cinnamon mix. The eggs, were disgusting. Runny, watery scrambled eggs. Yuck.
While this is open air dining, the birds, (starlings??) were everywhere. If you left your table it had to be guarded to keep the birds off. One bird did come in and steal a piece of toast from a lady next to us, while she was sitting there. She was very startled and obviously not very happy about. Birds aside, I'm now clocking 0 for 2.
Lunch. Had been craving a burger so ordered the only one on the menu with a side of fries. Ordered it medium and it came out very well done. Had it anyway and found it very dry with a bit of strange aftertaste, which I have no idea why. The french fries were limp and soggy. Spent the rest of the afternoon with a bad case of indigestion.
Needless to say, we skipped our final dinner at the resort and went out.
The bar. My wife and I tried it twice for rum punches. Both times the rum punches tasted largely of cheap rum and not much else.
Summary. Don't do the all inclusive option as we did. The property and staff are great but take your meals out.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Dan M
Reviewed May 27, 2014

My partner and I usually holiday in Europe but decided to venture further afield to cerebrate my birthday. We chose this resort based on the excellent reviews we had seen and we were not dissappointed.
From the moment we arrived, we were greeted by name and nothing was too much trouble.
Our room - a seagrape suite opened onto the beach- it had its own little terraced area with hammock and loungers with a more sheltered area. The room was spotlessly clean with a well stocked mini bar and ice. Towels were plentyfull and changed very regularly. It was serviced once a day with an evening turn down visit.
The food was excellent based on local produce with a lot of fish as expected. breakfast was a mixture of a buffet and prepared to order items.
All the staff were polite and very friendly and members of the management team were very visible and chatted to guests.
The pool was quiet and clean. We went to the onsite gym a few times- not busy either. We didnt use the spa on this occassion.
We went on a couple of trips whilst staying at teh resort and were very impressed with our guides level of knowledge.
Overall this is a lovely friendly resort offering a high quality of service- it is not the place to visit if you like noise/ active night life ( there was some very good eveing entertainement). This is part of its charm and judging by our experiences and those of other guests, there will be a lot of return visits! I would like to commend Fabian's attention to us and Kensitta( apolgies for the spelling!) All I can say is we will be back!!!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Virgin Holidays
1  Thank Sian M
Reviewed May 24, 2014

Second time at SIBR and this one exceeded the first. ALL the staff we encountered were either professionally friendly or just down right welcoming and very friendly.
We were in the Oleander Suites last year, and could not fault them. This year we upgraded to the Sea Grape and this was all that we could wish for.
If you are looking for a BUT. There is not a but.
I will embarrass a few of the exceptional bar staff. In no particular order:- Dexter, Lester, Nicholson. Smiley Crystall, Brendon and many others, oops and of course Andre.
All the front staff and senior management, and Sir Roystons family are very hands on. This is an experience worth trying.

Rod & Jan Hawkins
23/05/2014

Room Tip: Oleanders are great. If you can afford the upgrade to Sea Grape you will be even more impressed.
Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Tizzy6
Reviewed May 20, 2014

Excellent service all the way.
From the time you reach the resort you feel like royalty, every one knows you name.
The resort's layout, the staff, the rooms, the food, the spa, the pool, the beach - EVERYTHING - is first class.
We definitely will be going back again and again
Sir Hopkin, it was an honour to stay at your resort.

Room Tip: We stayed at one of the Anthurium Pool Suites. We will try the Luxury Almond Pool Suite next. :-)
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Terri67_12
Reviewed May 20, 2014

We stayed here for a week in February and had the best hotel experience we have ever had. We had always wanted to go here, after my parents recommended it. We are so glad we did and will most definitely be back.

The rooms, the staff, the beach, the food... everything is fantastic and truly 5 star.

This really is an adults relaxation place. Even though they do take kids and kids can be seen there, I wouldnt bring mine here. Its too exclusive and its just not the right vibe for kids. Try somwhere bigger and more commercial.

Sir Royston is always there and visibile. An amazingly friendly man, who will always talk to his staff and guests. All the staff were simply amazing. Always remembered our names, always greeted us with a smile, always so helpful.

We stayed in a Seagrape and its the way to go. Huge room, amazing bathroom. Opens right out onto the beach. We were somewhere in the middle of the right hand rooms, between the pool and dive shop. Best location if you ask me. Lots of new furniture and amenities in the rooms. Royston just upgraded it all. They are always increasing luxury!

Food was always superb and there was so much choice! Dinners were slightly rushed at times so we had to ask for a slowr service, but this was no problem for the great staff.

We hired a car for the day and explored - a must. Simple service to get the car. Grenada is a beautiful and unspoilt Caribbean island. People are SO friendly and nice. We experienced this all the way around the island.

Do the snorkelling trips to the sculpture park too. Superb. Its hard to leave the resort but try haha!

We've been to most Caribbean islands and this is by far the best. This hotel is the best we have stayed at. GO!!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple