Spice Island Beach Resort
$117
Hotels.com
$300
Siesta Hotel(Grand Anse)(Great Value!)
$74
$72
$649
$401
Travelocity
Coyaba Beach Resort(Grand Anse)
$243
$141
$88
  • Pool
SeaBreeze Hotel(Grand Anse)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewssea grapesir roystonseagrape suitespice islandmini barpool suitesmolton brown toiletriesryan hopkinalmond suiteprivate pooljacuzzi bathcocktail partycold towelskids clubmanagement teampatio doorsfine dining
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 20, 2012

It is not for nothing that Spice Island is the top rated hotel in Grenada and probably one of the best in the Caribbean. The resort is located on Grand Anse Beach, near the capital of St. George's. The beach is surely one of the best beaches you will find and is never tremendously crowded.

Everything about the resort spells casual luxury. The rooms are top notch, the food is excellent. The hotel also has great facilities-- a nice pool, a good gym, good wireless internet, a kid's club, etc. Grenada itself is well worth the trip-- regardless of the hotel that you stay at-- and the Spice Island make the trips complete. The Island has great beaches and lots of activities. Also quite safe.

Of course, luxury does come at a cost and the Spice Island is expensive. The price is all inclusive-- food, drinks, basic water sports, golf, internet-- but stil high. The place does attract a mix of older travellers and families and many repeat visitors (inclding myslef). The Kids Club does focus largely on younger kids and the service, while very good, is not perfect (say compared to what you might find in Bali or Thailand).

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank RockvilleTraveller
Reviewed July 14, 2012

From the moment you walk in you realise its somewhere special. Being there for our honeymoon the staff and management made sure we would not forget it. All the staff were extremely courteous and polite ,very highly trained and nothing was too much trouble. Management always attentive and efficient .Rooms very clean and moulton brown products in the bathroom as well as a yuan zhi mist spray on your pillows at turn down time - very impressive! Breakfast was semi-buffet for cereals fruit etc with a delicious menu to choose from which was individually cooked. Lunch always had specials of the day as well as the printed menu and evening meal was contemporary with broad choices of fresh fish as well as meat dishes. The Sea Grape suites are in a commanding position on the beach with a lovely small patio - great for English afternoon tea! Wouldn't hesitate to go back again. If you like flowers the private garden tours are worth a visit and the sunset cruise is also worth doing.

Room Tip: seagrape suites are a must
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank postiebob
Reviewed July 14, 2012

We stayed for three nights in a Seagrape Beach Suite which is located directly on the beach with 2 sun loungers out the front overlooking the sea. The rooms had a lovely large bathroom with all the facilities that you would expect of a 5 star hotel.
Lunch was taken in the Sea & Surf restaurant and dinner in Oliver's and all meals were excellent.
If you want a fantastic caribbean beach with lovely clear water you cannot beat the location of this hotel, they have a large selection of rooms including some with their own pool and a wonderful spa where we had a very nice massage.
The location is just three miles from St Georges and it is worth a visit on a Saturday to visit the markets and do go out and see the rest of the island as there is lots to do and experience.
In the evening there was usually light entertainment but it was very quiet during the day and we had a fantastic rest. The hotel management were very switched on and nothing seemed to be too much trouble, there was a good kids club and some non-motorised watersports.
The swimming pool was lovely and next to the bar so you were never far away of refreshment.
We would definitely go back to this hotel again and to the same room type.

Room Tip: Seagrape are the ones most booked, the One bedroom suites on the beach were also lovely, the pool suites were nice but not located on the beach.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank BONEY1106
Reviewed July 10, 2012

I booked our trip in January with BA holidays we were booked into another hotel but these was a complication and BA recommended this hotel to me. I'm a single mum with children aged 9 & 11.5. I had been liaising with the hotel prior to my visit as I have a food sensitivity.
I took the recommendation from her about requesting a room near the pool; which for us was brilliant.
I'd asked the hotel to have a car meet us at the airport as it was so much cheaper than the BA offer within their deal. ($19 US) We arrived at the hotel to be greeted by the management with a view straight out to the sea through the hotel lobby with a welcome breeze. My children & I relaxed in reception with cool spiced face cloths & cool drinks. I had per-registered so it was quick & simple.
Our bags had been whisked away we were personally shown to our Sea Grape suite 21. Which I paced to be 30 steps to the pool & 25 to the main beach area! Fantastic for us. We were the end suite that had 2 queen sized beds VERY comfortable with beautiful cotton sheets & fluffy pillows...... Dreamy!
Were were all-inclusive so a fully stocked mini bar should you fancy a rum & coke before stepping out on the veranda the to your patio to relax with your kindle. Oh for those who cannot leave technology behind There was WiFi in the room & also an Ethernet point. I left my laptop out the whole time. There is also a business center if you wish to print out papers.

The Spice Island's reputation is attention to detail. They care SO much that you have a great time it really is their pleasure to make it all right for you.
In your room they also have Molton Brown products for you to use that get replenished as you use them. 2 kinds of soap, shampoo, conditioner, shower gel & body lotion (lovely!)
You can catch the sun rays as mentioned from your hammock or one of the 2 sunloungers on your patio. There are loungers under the sea grape trees and by the pool.
Food -> WOW You NEVER go hungry here! Breakfast Oh yes all you could wish for & more from cereal to eggs Benedict, lunch 3 course's of YUM! I only had pud twice I really could not eat anymore...... The menu is contemporary but if you fancy something else just ask & if they have it they will cook it for you. At around 4 you can order afternoon tea, my son loved this.. An English tradition served with sandwiches with the crusts cut off and a selection of home made cakes.... I only managed it once due to plenty for lunch. Dinner is formal but not stuffy formal men in trousers. 5 courses plenty of choice, fusion food with a classic twist, beautifully presented. Good choice of wine.
Now, the people..... What can I say all lovely, the staff greet you by name and are happy to chat. We were not the easiest with the wheat intolerance but they were always polite and kind, always helpful nothing was too much. The staff really are the making of the Spice Island they love their jobs and are aware of what their clients need & want. If it is not right they will go the extra mile to make it work. Thank you to each and every person who we met. A special mention to Alistair who saved my sleeping daughter after the management drinks party (for which we received a hand written invitation) from the rain shower, you were off so did not get to say good bye. A huge thank you to all the F&B staff who looked after us you made our visit and it was lovely to learn a bit about you. The bar staff for helping my son with his quirky non alcoholic cocktails. I like that the management recognise the staff's efforts with awards, these are on display in the reception area. The reception staff are knowledgeable & helpful, We used one of the hotels recommended drivers Bush for a trip out to the Belmont Estate. He was a good safe driver he gave my children so much information on the island as well as fruits & vegetables growing at one point he stopped a chap to get him to cut some leaves for Them to smell! It was a great trip at a good price. Bush also took us back to the airport.
The Spice Island is a lovely relaxing hotel that caters to your every need it has guests from around the world. It's not an entertainment hotel, there is music every other night we had singers and a steel band as an example. There is also a great kids club, mine asked to go and they made tee-shirts & hand printed the wall before they left.
The Spice Island really is the friendliest place I have ever stayed. The Best hotel on the island! We met so many people there of all ages at dinner everyone greeted each other chatting about where they or you had been if you wanted to. I'd say we made many friends. The beach.... Beautiful white sand blue sea from sunrise to sunset it has it's people excising from one end to the other swimmers sunbathers etc. There are vendors if you wish to buy that is fine if not just say no & they leave. My daughter had her hair braided ($20 US).

Thank you to all at the Spice Island for a long looked forward to refreshing break. As a family we had a super time. Thank you to all of you. If life lets me I will return & I will recommend you highly to anybody going to amazing Grenada.

Room Tip: We were to the right of the pool in a Sea Grape Suite. There are a selection room some with their own pool but all guests need to be over 15 for those. See their Website for pictures they are accurate.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
9  Thank Laura W
Reviewed July 6, 2012

The Hopkin family -- third-generation hoteliers -- have it right. Friendly staff, well-presented suites, good food and gracious hosts.

Highest recommendations,