We stayed at the hotel for 12 nights earlier this month, and can honestly say we had a lovely holiday, we booked the holiday at short notice, and was concerned that we may have made the wrong choice, as it happens, no we hadn't. The hotel was lovely, the staff very courteous and attentive. We stayed in a deluxe room with shared pool access, which we loved, it was clean, and very spacious, and gave us everything we wanted, including 4 bottles of water every day, and the citronella oil in the bathroom each night was a nice touch. The air con was good , not too noisy, which made for comfortable nights. We only ate one evening meal at the hotel, which was good, but found equally good food, outside the hotel. The only down point was that the bar in the reception area was never open, we would have used this for pre or post dinner drinks had we had the option. I can't understand why other reviews have said the beach was small, we walked for a long time and only covered probably half of it, thankfully there are beach bars to relax in along the way. Buddha Bar being our favourite, we spent a lot of afternoons there. Eating out is no hassle with so many good places to choose from, we ate Thai food all the time, and was never disappointed, Harry's, Luna Hut, Kuna Anna, John's Garden, were all really good.
For trips out, go and see Luna at Luna Hut, she can arrange anything you want, at reduced costs. We went to Koh Tao and Koh Nang yuan, and to Anthong, and also had Luna herself drive us around the island, for a less touristy trip. We took the free shuttle bus to Chaweng, and only stayed 1 hour, far too busy, and commercialised, jet skis filling the beach, we were so glad to get back to the tranquility of Mae nam. Would we go again ? Definitely
We noticed that someone posted that the "manager" was not very forthcoming, this we can agree with, although all of the staff, even the gardeners always greeted us when ever we passed by , the manager didn't, perhaps he wasn't the manager after all, (slim dark haired young chap), just an "hello, how are you" would go along way.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Samui Buri Beach Resort is a very charming, boutique Thai experience offering huge & unique rooms & villas, lush gardens, impressive sports & leisure facilities and a stunning scenic beach perfect to relax and unwind. The impressive infinity pool, fitness centre, kids club and Seetawaree restaurant are all located directly at the beach all with postcard views. The hotel is ideal to get away from it all yet also conveniently located for golf, excursions and to indulge the best of Southern Thailand! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ctrip TA, Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Samui Buri Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Samui Buri Beach Hotel Mae Nam
- Mercure Koh Samui
- Mercure Samui Buri Hotel
- Samui Buri Beach Resort Ko Samui, Thailand