We stayed here for 15 nights in February.Location was perfect beach beautiful. We had a de-luxe room, it was kept very clean.The bathroom was was in dire need of a re-fit, it was shabby the tiles were worn and at times there was a not too pleasant smell.(is this why an oil burner is lit every evening at turnback)
I complained to Jesse (general manager) about the state of our hand towels because they were very worn, frayed, grey and after wiping your hands on them a couple of times they looked more like floor cloths, His reply was farsical. He told me it was because there were a lot of hotels on Samui and the makers couldn`t keep up with demand. Does he think I dropped off a Xmas tree?Surely his housekeeping staff should be on the ball more. We also had a ripped duvet cover 1 night all good stuff from a 4* star hotel.
Also why is the lounge bar not open? Information in room says there is a boutique shop, when I asked reception where it was they pointed to the other side of reception area. That is no boutique shop it`s a tailors shop!!!!!!!!!!!!
Why is there a clock in your room stating it`s a Mercure hotel when it isn`t.If if had been a Mercure hotel staff would have been better trained and management more on the ball and not give impression of not caring.
Jesse you were in the breakfast room 3 mornings on the trot and not once did you you look up from your moblie to say Good morning to your guests. I think that says it all.
Sun beds were taken very early in the morning. I think this was so people could get them with a sunshade, as there were not enough to go round. Those that were about were either ripped or broken or both.
Will we go back I don`t think so unless a lot of changes are made.
After all the gripes It didn`t deter us from having a good holiday. But they shouldn`t have been there to start off with
Forgot to mention air- con very noisy (hubby had to buy ear plugs to enable sleep. Another thing Jesse didn`t know about ! until I mentioned tripadvisor
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Samui Buri Beach Resort is a very charming, boutique Thai experience offering huge & unique rooms & villas, lush gardens, impressive sports & leisure facilities and a stunning scenic beach perfect to relax and unwind. The impressive infinity pool, fitness centre, kids club and Seetawaree restaurant are all located directly at the beach all with postcard views. The hotel is ideal to get away from it all yet also conveniently located for golf, excursions and to indulge the best of Southern Thailand! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Samui Buri Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Samui Buri Beach Hotel Mae Nam
- Mercure Koh Samui
- Mercure Samui Buri Hotel
- Samui Buri Beach Resort Ko Samui, Thailand