We spent 6 days at this resort as the 3rd leg of our honeymoon. Koh Samui was planned to be the 'relaxing' phase of our honeymoon.
Our room was a pool villa - which is nothing like the picture on the website. The pool is actually more like a large puddle; to be honest, we didn't use it even once because we just didn't trust it. So that was the first 'tsk'.
The second 'tsk' was when we entered the room. We had requested a double bed but apparently they did not have this request in the system, even though we sent them an email from 2 days before in order to confirm, so when we asked that we wanted a double bed; their reply was that all rooms were fully booked but they would let us know the next day (this never happened).
Badly for the hotel; in the six days that we were staying in Koh Samui, the 4 of them were really bad in terms of weather - so we stayed in the room; which makes one pick on little details
- the a/c was very loud
- the room in general needed a paint over, the bathroom walls had cracks
- the jacuzzi was old, and was 'plastered' together in some places
- towels in the room - very old and used
- room service was slow
On NYE, due to bad weather we were stuck in the room again - there was an event going on but at 125E per person, we found this too expensive, especially seeing that it was raining so the entertainment not as planned, and the seating arrangements were inside instead of the planned outside.
We requested room service (cheese, cold meats platter) and a bottle of wine. Despite the fact that we had to call room service a total of 5 times before someone gave us the time of day, their response was 'the kitchen is closed for room service' - excuse me, but we didn't ask for gourmet meal - a cheese platter only...
Anyway, our 'cheese platter' and wine finally arrived - our cheese platter consisting on a small plate with 10 slices of breakfast cheese! We were too hungry and tired to do anything about it - so we just ignored it... Next day when they came to clean the room however, I placed the cheese plate on the table on the patio with other items so they can take them away - it was there for over 10h... I found that quite off.
I can say more things about what this resort needs in order to better itself, but I don't want to get too boring - better staff (especially for breakfast shift, where you are ignored for the most part, until a waitress yells at 10.15 that breakfast will be over in 15mins so grab whatever you can now)
Reception staff on the other had - a very kind lady and gentleman (forgotten their names) were always very helpful with whatever we asked.
We wish that we had better weather - and perhaps our disposition to the hotel would have been better - but I doubt it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Samui Buri Beach Resort is a very charming, boutique Thai experience offering huge & unique rooms & villas, lush gardens, impressive sports & leisure facilities and a stunning scenic beach perfect to relax and unwind. The impressive infinity pool, fitness centre, kids club and Seetawaree restaurant are all located directly at the beach all with postcard views. The hotel is ideal to get away from it all yet also conveniently located for golf, excursions and to indulge the best of Southern Thailand! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ctrip TA, Agoda, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Samui Buri Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Samui Buri Beach Hotel Mae Nam
- Mercure Koh Samui
- Mercure Samui Buri Hotel
- Samui Buri Beach Resort Ko Samui, Thailand