First the good things. Luxurious hotel with very nicely decorated villas, lush gardens, romantic atmosphere, good breakfast, friendly stuff with a smile on their faces, has everything one needs for a comfortable stay. Very good SPA. Free snorkling and kayaking equipment. Free shuttle to Chaweng couple of times a day, though we never used it, as we've rented a bike, which we strongly advise to do being on Koh Samui. In general probably the best value for money on Koh Samui.
Most positive experience was entering a room and finding everything covered with rose petals, including bathtub full of them, towel swans on the bed and 10th wedding anniversary cake in the evening.
Now the bad things, which can be a big issue for some, but minor for others. 1st, rooms are not cleaned ever, only make up, bathroom glass doors and bathtub were disgusting, probably never saw any cleaning. Even when I called the reception and complained, they just filled the bathtub with petals and obviously thought that's it. As a result never used a bathtub. 2nd, stuff hardly speaks any english, forget about asking them anything out of minimum vocabulary. They just smile and say yes, but no actual answer to the question. These two points were especially upsetting taking in consideration the general luxury appearance of hotel.
I believe due to this lack of english, nobody replied to my emails I sent before the trip, asking for airport pick-up and for a romantic beach dinner. We had 10th wedding anniversary on the day of arrival and nothing was arranged for us, and as a result no pick-up and no availability for dinner. So we started of the wrong foot right from the start and I believe it poisoned my general oppinion of the hotel.
Moreover, we made it clear, that we were looking for romance and privacy and they placed us next door with a family of two small crying kids. Definitely not the fault of that family, they were on vocation as well, but stuff has to do better placing customers, knowing that walls are paper thin. In the end they did changed us to another room, but still it seemed like neighbours were walking in our room. We had to be careful ourselves and be quiet as well, so that other people didn't hear us. That's not my idea of a romantic and private honeymoon vocation.
Drinks, food at the hotel are very expensive, not worth it. There are so much options around the island, so we stayed by the pool only twice and never ate dinner at the hotel. Chaweng and Fishermen's Village offer good choice of restaurants and bars. We liked beach restaurants in Chaweng Noi - between Chaweng and Lamai, it's not fine dinning as in Chaweng hotels but very relaxing and romantic, we couldn't ask for more. For a drink, party, show and people watching - Chaweng is best. Bo Phut (Fishermen's village) is also a relaxed dinning experience without too much people and too much shops-shops-shops selling the same.
As for the hotel locations, it is 0.5km from the main road and several km even from Bo Phut. Too far to get anywhere by foot, not a good choice unless you plan to rent a bike or car. We rented a bike, so hotel location didn't bother us at all.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fair House Villas & Spa is a locally owned, romantic beach front resort that offers a relaxing atmosphere away from the busy areas of Koh Samui. In the lush tropical gardens you will find the airy and spacious traditional Thai-style bungalows that were carefully built to harmonize with their natural surroundings. The hotel offers six different room categories, all with private balcony or terrace, ranging from the Garden Villas to the exclusive Beach Front Villas, which feature private swimming pools. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Agoda, Hotels.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Fair House Villas & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fair House Villas Hotel Mae Nam
- Fair House Villas And Spa
- Ban Laem Sai Hotel
- Fair House Villas & Spa Ko Samui, Thailand