We arrived quite late at night and was welcomed by the guy on the night-shift. Still we received a welcome drink and a quick tour around the resort. The room had been beautifully decorated with flowers.
We stayed in a sunset jacuzzi suite (107). The room lived up to its name as you could sit in the side-by-side Jacuzzi on the balcony and enjoy the sunset :-). The room was spacious, clean and nicely decorated. The balcony was large and very private and had fantastic view over the ocean and Maenam. Maintenance however could be better, all the doors was a bit skewed and hard to close. The front door even had a small gap in the top due to the door being skewed. When this was pointed out to the reception, the janitors showed up 30min later and improvised a fix. This should probably have been reported by housekeeping and fixed properly prior to our arrival, but at least it was fixed quickly when it was pointed out.
Like some other reviewers has pointed out, the sunset villas are situated on a small hillside, meaning that there is a couple of hundreds of meters and quite a few steps between the rooms and the pool/restaurant area. We found this to be a pleasant little walk, but I understand that this can be more challenging for people with physical disabilities etc.
The pool and recreational areas had a nice lay-out providing a nice mix of beds in both central area and more private areas closer to the beach. The resort never felt crowded in any way.
The beach however, is nicer to look at than to try to swim from. The seabed was a bit muddy and as part of environmental restoration project the resort had planted coral reefs that can be a bit unpleasant if not swimming shoes are worn.
The bar and restaurant closes at 11, there is almost a kilometer to the main road, but this just confirms what we think is the biggest selling point of Fair House, the quiet surroundings and relaxed atmosphere.
The staff was very kind and genuinely service minded (even by Thai standards!).
Bottom line is that Fair House is ideal for anyone just looking for a place to relax. We had originally booked for 4 nights, but enjoyed the place so much we actually stayed for 12 nights!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fair House Villas & Spa is a locally owned, romantic beach front resort that offers a relaxing atmosphere away from the busy areas of Koh Samui. In the lush tropical gardens you will find the airy and spacious traditional Thai-style bungalows that were carefully built to harmonize with their natural surroundings. The hotel offers six different room categories, all with private balcony or terrace, ranging from the Garden Villas to the exclusive Beach Front Villas, which feature private swimming pools. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Fastbooking, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Hotels.com, HostelWorld, Orbitz, Ctrip TA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Fair House Villas & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fair House Villas And Spa
- Fair House Villas Hotel Mae Nam
- Ban Laem Sai Hotel
- Fair House Villas & Spa Ko Samui, Thailand