We have just returned from an 8 day stay at Fair House. We chose the Sunset Jacuzzi Villa situated in the hillside, a really lovely large room with a jacuzzi on the balcony and a further bath and shower in the large bathroom. A very comfortable 4 poster bed too! The room was very clean and we had no problems with housekeeping. The walk up to the villa was a bit hard in the heat and humidity but worth it for the size and views.
The pool are is very quiet and relaxing, we chose to use the sunbeds situated nearer the beach and really benefitted from the lovely sea breeze. The sea in front of the hotel is a bit rocky but if you walk left a little it's much better.
We found all the staff very welcoming and friendly and they were especially helpful when I trod on some sort of poisonous fish in the sea, they advised me to sit in a hot jacuzzi and this did the trick. They were also very helpful in taking me to the pharmacy to get medication for an ear infection.
The breakfasts were lovely with a wide variety of food, we had lunch by the pool daily but after the first day realised that one between us was ample as the portions were huge!
We only eat there once in the evening as we like to try local restaurants, we found a wonderful one by walking left along the beach, watching the fantastic sunset as we walked. The restaurant was right on the sea edge and served the most wonderful food at very reasonable prices. At the end of the evening the owner drove us back so we didn't have to walk along the beach in the dark. He will do this for all guests, the restaurant in called Zenzibar and I really recommend it.
We went to Chaweng beach once but it's far too noisy and touristy for us, we much preferred the peacefulness of fair house. Fishermans village at Bhoput beach is a smaller quieter version of Chaweng.
If we had to make any negative comments it would only be that the umbrellas are in need of replacement and the pool did have a few loose tiles. But every day you could see some maintenance going on somewhere so I am sure they will get round to sorting it. The food at the hotel was much pricier than outside but I guess this is normal in hotels, but asking £5 for a chocolate ice cream on a stick is too much! ( especially when you walk up,to the local,shop and get one for 45 Baht)
In all it was a lovely place to stay, the best beach to see the sunsets from. We would recommend this to anyone wanting a peaceful,holiday
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fair House Villas & Spa is a locally owned, romantic beach front resort that offers a relaxing atmosphere away from the busy areas of Koh Samui. In the lush tropical gardens you will find the airy and spacious traditional Thai-style bungalows that were carefully built to harmonize with their natural surroundings. The hotel offers six different room categories, all with private balcony or terrace, ranging from the Garden Villas to the exclusive Beach Front Villas, which feature private swimming pools. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, HostelWorld, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Fastbooking, Priceline, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Fair House Villas & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fair House Villas And Spa
- Fair House Villas Hotel Mae Nam
- Ban Laem Sai Hotel
- Fair House Villas & Spa Ko Samui, Thailand