Fair House Villas & Spa
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
W Koh Samui(Mae Nam)
View Hotel
Paradise Beach Resort(Mae Nam)
  • Beachfront
  • Breakfast included
View Hotel
All reviewssunset suiteorganic gardengarden villathe main roadkoh samuiswim up barfisherman's villageour honeymoonjacuzzi on the balconygolf buggylarge bathtubprivate dinnerchaweng beachfree shuttlebeach fronttraditional thaitaxi service
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 15, 2013

Myself and my wife stayed at Fair House as part of our honeymoon in Thailand, and thoroughly enjoyed it. Neither of us had been to the island before, so weren't sure what to expect.
We found the staff extremely helpful and friendly, and even the few who didn't speak much English (not a complaint, just an observation), tried their hardest to help.
The pool was relaxing and a great place to wind down, and the poolside bar a great idea!
Overall, meals were excellent there, we ate at the restaurant one night and found it very nice, and also had breakfast there throughout our stay, with a great selection of fruits, juices and more western-style cooked breakfasts.
We stayed at a sunset suite and spent many of our evenings relaxing either on the balcony looking out at the sea, or in the jacuzzi, which was amazing!

The only slight downsides to our stay would be that the housekeeping was occasionally a bit hit-and-miss, they missed us out a couple of days whilst we were still in the room, but then didn't return until later the next day. Also, whilst the free shuttle bus into Chaweng was really appreciated, and well used, Chaweng itself proved a little too tourist-y for our likings, with the plethora of Australian themed bars and restaurants, whereas there were much nicer places on the island such as Fisherman's Village, which proved much harder to get to - a single taxi from Fisherman's Village back to Fair House one evening cost us around 300 Baht

Overall though, a brilliant time had, and good memories all round, and would definitely go back if we ever have the chance!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
FairHouseVillas, Manager at Fair House Villas & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2013

Dear Tristan G,

Many thanks for your review. I am glad you and your wife enjoyed your honeymoon at Fair House Villas & Spa. I appreciate that you have taken the time to provide us with your valuable feedback.

Thank you for all the positive comments, especially the nice words on our staff. I am very happy that our team was able to make you feel so welcomed and taken care of. Thank you also for your kind words on our breakfast and restaurant. We have recently launched a brand new range of menus and it is exciting to see that our guests enjoy it. I am also glad you enjoyed our pool area and our pool bar, where we have a daily happy hour.

The Sunset Suites are perfect for honeymooners and romance travellers and I can understand why you spent some relaxing evenings on your balcony. They do offer perhaps best view on Maenam beach and especially during sunset hour it is quite spectacular.

I am saddened to see that the housekeeping failed to meet our standards on some occasions. I will take note of this and discuss it with our Executive Housekeeper. We are making some structural changes to the housekeeping department in these days, which I hope and believe will eliminate these types of errors. Please accept my apology for the inconvenience.

Once again many thanks for your valuable feedback, which will help us further improve our services. Thank you also for choosing us for your honeymoon and we hope we will have the chance to welcome you back again in the future.

Reviewed May 15, 2013

Head to the Fair House Villas at Maenam, a stunning property that provides the perfect mix of peace and harmony. We stayed at the sunset suite which was much much better than expected. The view was to kill for, the Jacuzzi in the balcony provided an apt location to enjoy a peaceful drink as you watch the sunset over the mountains. Fair House has its own opening onto the beach and is apt for peaceful walks or for snorkeling and kayaking during the afternoon. The staff are warm and helpful. The property is situated on maenam beach, which is a 30 minute drive from the hustle and bustle of Chaweng beach, so you can have your dose of madness and then come back to the peacefulness of maenam. They also help arrange for scuba diving trips, the controlled environment tutorial is given at their very own pool. Before leaving we were asked to plant coconut saplings in their organic garden and they also sent us a recent picture on demand. Look forward to visiting them again!! Keep up the good work!!

Room Tip: The Sunset Suite :)
Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Mayank83
FairHouseVillas, Manager at Fair House Villas & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2013

Dear Mayank83,

Many thanks for this heart-warming review. I am thrilled to see that you and your wife enjoyed such a nice honeymoon with us. Our Sunset Suites is indeed a great option for honeymooners.

Thank you also for your kind words about our team. I am glad we managed to make such a nice impression on you.

Tree plantings are always a pleasure, even in the hot weather. It is great when our guests take an interest in our environmental initiatives and a tree is such a nice memory of guests who have stayed with us in the past. It is also a great way to have a chat and for me to get to know our guests a bit better. I still remember the planting I did with you guys clearly. Your tree is doing fine by the way, I just checked on it again yesterday.

Again many thanks for your review and thank you for trusting us to host you for your honeymoon. We are already looking forward to your next visit.

Regards,

Reviewed May 5, 2013

Stayed here only for 2 nights in a garden villa. Unfortunately my bag was snatched from me while we were driving on a rented motorbike with passport and mobile phone in it. Jo the marketing manager of the hotel was very helpful taking us to the police and helping us with all our enquiries. Thanks again.. your help was invaluable and kept us sane! The hotel is just next to the W hotel and the moment you arrive you know the holiday is for real. Very friendly welcome and they serve you a cold drink while checking you in. You can use kayaks for free and rent motorbikes and helmets from reception for 300 bhat. The pool is a good size and the beach small but private. I agree with other readers that the quality of water wasn't very good but at least you can use the pool. Breakfast was served in an open air environment but shaded and it is lovely eating while looking out to the sea. Makes a good start to the day! The villa was spacious with a big bathroom that had a tub but also a shower. We didn't use the shower as the power wasn't very strong. The garden villa had a small terrace with chairs. From our terrace you could see the sea, but other garden villas would just look out to other villas. If the view is important for you then you are better of with one of the villas that also have a jacuzzi. A very nice place to relax for a few days...

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Fos_HK
FairHouseVillas, Manager at Fair House Villas & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2013

Dear Fos_HK,

Many thanks for your review. First of all, the incident that happened to you while driving on the motorbike was both shocking and sad. I have been here for one and a half year now and this is the first time I have heard of anything like this happening to our guests (or anyone else for that matter). Samui is generally regarded as very safe compared to other tourism destinations and petty crime like this is very rare. Regardless, I am glad our manager on duty was able to provide you with the support you needed, which is the least we can do in such a situation.

Besides this unfortunate incident, I am glad you liked the hotel. I am happy you got a nice first impression and, more importantly, that we were able to follow up on it. Good to see that you enjoyed our free of charge kayak rental, your spacious bathroom, our restaurant and the overall atmosphere.

And you are correct, if an outstanding view is desired, I would definitely recommend our Sunset Suites on the hillside, which offer the famous views of Maenam Beach and the Gulf of Thailand.

Again many thanks for your review. We hope to see you again someday.

Reviewed May 4, 2013 via mobile

We spent 6 nights as a young family in the sunset suite. The staff went above and beyond to make us feel comfortable; from booking us a driver to giving us lifts to our room (the property is set on a large hillside). The pool is fantastic as well as the beach, although you can find better sand and clearer water in the otherwise touristy Chaewang. The food, including breakfast is fantastic, as well as happy hour!
The only reason we give this 4 out of 5 is that housekeeping is a nightmare. They don't speak English so we went 2 days without having our room turned down because they had come when we were in and we asked them to come back (they never did). Also we had some laundry done that was supposed to come back that evening and it didn't (a complaint to management was not followed up).
Otherwise we loved every bit of our stay and we would definitely return here!

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank tanabanana87

Dear tanabanana87,

Many thanks for your review. Nice to see that you enjoyed a nice stay with us and thank you for your kind words on the service, food, drinks and public areas of Fair House Villas.

I am sorry to see that you encountered problems with our housekeeping during your stay. From what I understand, it seems to have been caused by a language problem which led to a misunderstanding by our room attendant. I am not sure who in our management team received your complaint, but I will follow up, as it is highly unfortunate that your concern was not followed up properly.

Once again many thanks for your review. I am happy you would like to return, it would certainly be a great pleasure welcoming you and your family back someday.

Reviewed May 2, 2013

The BEST property on the island for couples. Request for Room no 210. Best room in the property, specially for couples.

BRILLIANT concept, infrastructure, landscaping, upkeep... I could go on and on..

The food is AWESOME!! Dont miss out on the Pad Thai.

On a moonlight night, go to the beach, turn right, and keep walking till you reach a giant white 'W' on the beach. Lie down on the sand there and experience peace and tranquility like you've never experienced before.

Room Tip: Room 210: The best room on the property, especially if you desire privacy. Select the Garden Villa rooms, with a sea view, if you treasure your privacy.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank umang_agarwalla
FairHouseVillas, Manager at Fair House Villas & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2013

Dear umang_agarwalla,

Many thanks for your review and the lovely photos you included. I am thrilled to see that you had such an outstanding experience in our resort.

Your compliments on our food are much appreciated. Our chef has just launched a new food menu which he has put a lot of effort into and it is great to see that our guest like it. For guest looking to experience Thai cuisine, I recommend our Wednesday “Thai Night”, where guests can eat as much as they want from a wide selection of Thai signature dishes. We also have a stir-fry night on Sundays, where guests can pick from a range of fresh ingredients that our chefs will season and live-cook for them.

Thank you also for your kind words on our concept, landscaping and upkeep. I will extend your compliments to our gardening and engineering teams.

Room 210 is indeed a nice room because it has a good view. However, from experience I know that travelers all have different preferences and many will prefer a shorter walk to the beach/pool area. If anyone is insecure about what room type to select, please feel free to contact me at om@fairhousevillas.com. I am always happy to give my advice and we can even move rooms and upgrade after check in, depending on availability. As I have mentioned before, those who are looking for outstanding views would love our Sunset Suites, which arguably offer the best ocean panoramas on Maenam Beach.

Again many thanks for your review. It was a great please to welcome you to the Fair House family and we hope we will have the chance to welcome you back again soon.