Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
$142
View deal
Hotels.com$142
Travelocity$142
CheapTickets$142
Priceline$149
Orbitz.com$142
ZenHotels.com$170
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed February 10, 2013

Stayed for close to a couple of weeks and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The resort is oceanfront and is great for swimming with calm clean waters. The grounds are well maintained with a lot of effort put into landscaping. The resort facilities are what you'd expect from most resorts but not always in working order. The rooms were fine with comfortable beds, there's only one cupboard in the bathroom with a safe for free use. Breakfast is consumed in the only restaurant which has great ocean views. Breakfast is basic but more than adequate. Restaurant staff are friendly, efficient and eager to assist. The restaurant also serves a good lunch and dinner but is a little expensive, something you'd expect from most resorts. The only critique would be the lack of English skills at reception where requests were usually met by a blank stare. On the whole I would very much recommend this resort and hope to be back some day.

Room tip: Try and get a room close to the beach as the resort is on a hill and some units appear quite difficult to get to.
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank BangkokMidas
FairHouseVillas, Manager at Fair House Villas & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2013

Dear BangkokMidas,

Thank you for staying with us and for your kind feedback. We are thrilled that you and your family enjoyed your time with us and it means a lot to us that you recommend us to future travelers.

As for your room tip, I just wanted to emphasize that we have six different options. Three of these room categories (Deluxe Balcony, Sunset Jaccuzi and Sunset Suite) are located in our chalet zone on the hill side. As you correctly mention, these rooms are located a bit further away from the swimming pool, beach and restaurant. However, because of the hillside location some of these rooms can offer perhaps the best ocean views on Meanam beach. For people who are not comfortable with a bit of walking we generally recommend to avoid these room categories, although we are happy to provide buggy service to and from the rooms. For people who value ocean view, our chalet zone rooms are perfect, especially our Sunset Suites.

I am sorry to read that you experienced problems with the communication in our reception desk. Language training is always an ongoing process and while we understand that we sometimes need to be patient with our staff while they are learning, it is important to us that our guests are comfortable communicating with our staff. We certainly want our guests to feel that they are understood and are able to get the information they require. We will continue our work to achieve this goal. I appreciate your honest comments on this.

Reviewed February 8, 2013

We moved to Fair house Villas after 1 night reluctantly spend in Bhundari Spa, it was such a relief to come to somewhere with clean ponds etc around the hotel lobby!!
We had to pay a fair bit extra to stay here but it was completely worth it.. I was ready to get on a plain and come home!!
The staff were totally accommodating, the "happy hours" were a welcome saving and the food was fab.
We stayed in the Luxury pool villa room for the first 3 nights (we wanted this for the whole time but it was already booked) followed by the Sunset Suite... I am unsure as to why the pool villa is rated higher than the Sunset Sweet as we were very happy with the "downgrade!".. The room was bigger, outdoor area was much smaller but had a balcony overlooking the amazing view and sunset with a jacuzzi bath (and pull down blinds :-) )
The breakfast was very good, the Thai option in my opinion was mostly fantastic but i felt that some of the fresh produce could have been more undercover.. But hubby had no issues!
Resort was very quite in the evening, but through no fault of the resort, it was just so easy to visit other parts of the island for nightlife and restaurants... Especially nearby Fisherman's Village!... Although the staff put on a great New Years Eve party and we also had a Thai night in resort which gave us opportunity to try different dishes!
The hotel offer a taxi service which is very reasonable and also moped hire.. Which was very cheap and lots of fun!
We visited the whole of the island and found many places off the beaten track to eat.. Roughly £10 between 2 for 2 courses, side orders and beers... Plus i had water too!
Its very safe to travel around on moped and much cheaper/easier than planned excursions!
People are great, very friendly and very respectful and everywhere is clean.
YOU MUST TRY THE STICKY RICE AND MANGO FROM THE LADY IN FISHERMAN'S VILLAGE OPPOSITE THE HAPPY ELEPHANT!!
As a summary...... We would happily come back to the Fair House Villas but would choose the sunset suite without hesitation, cant say enough how accommodating and friendly the staff were!!

Room tip: Go for the sunset suite!!! Amazing view with big rooms and beds!
Date of stay: December 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank T27TSJ
FairHouseVillas, Manager at Fair House Villas & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2013

Dear T27TSJ,

Thank you for staying with us for taking the time to write this review of your stay with us. It makes me both happy and proud that we were able to turn the disappointing holiday you were having in another hotel into such a positive experience at Fair House Villas & Spa.

I am glad you enjoyed so many aspects of your stay. The good impression our staff made on you is a highlight for me to read, as always, and especially because you stayed with us in peak season when our staff was working under a lot of pressure to keep everything smooth. It makes me incredibly proud to see that they were able to make such a good impression on our guests, even in this period.

I agree with you that hiring a moped is a good and cheap way to get around the island independently, although the traffic can take a bit of getting used to for some people. I am glad you got to explore around the island and discover some of Samui’s hidden treasures.

The choice between our Sunset Suites and Pool Villas has been much debated in different reviews. Both are great options, especially for couples. Sunset Suites offer perhaps the best ocean views on Maenam Beach and a slightly bigger living bedroom area, but require a bit more walking as some guests have pointed out. Our Pool Villas have very large bathrooms, are closer to the pool/beach and offer a private garden area with a sala and a private pool. If anyone is insecure about their room choice, please send us an email and we will do our best to help find the best option.

I also appreciate that you have taken the time to give some recommendations to our future travellers on things to do while on Samui. As a big fan of mango with sticky rice I have to agree that the one served opposite the Happy Elephant during the Friday market is excellent. I do however feel that it is quite overpriced and when you come next time I will show you where you can get the same quality for a fraction of the price among other good tips for your moped excursions.

Again thank you for your heart-warming review. We hope to welcome you back again soon.

Kind regards,

Vigbjorn Hassel Vaage
Operations Manager

Reviewed February 6, 2013

We stayed at the Fair House in November 2012, and have only one complaint really - no conditioner in the bathroom. I usually pack hair products but didn't since it seemed like such a nice place, thought they would have what I need...but no conditioner!
Lovely, clean, calm room that was well cleaned daily and had a HUGE bathroom with both a large shower and very large bathtub. I think the bathroom was almost as big as our Hong Kong apartment.
The staff was wonderful and helpful, especially with our 20 month old son - he loved everyone there. Having breakfast at the restaurant with the nice view out over the sea was great, and there were many food options plus things to keep the picky toddler happy. Not much of a beach but from what I saw, I don't think Koh Samui beaches are all that great anyway, at least not around the NE corner.
At the restaurant we always had the same table for breakfast which my son loved, he would walk right to it. The staff was so attentive to him.

It is pretty isolated, and a bit of a walk to any sort of restaurant option besides what is at the hotel or the adjacent W (Japanese food). So that was a drawback b/c taxi fares are expensive; you have to call for a taxi and wait. The dinner at the restaurant was fine, not fantastic. The pad thai was good, pizzas were good, but in general it was so-so but many nights (especially with a toddler) we didn't feel like taking a taxi to the next town.
Bed was hard, as is typical, but a nice king size bed with crisp clean white sheets and really no mosquitos - room was great and I slept well on the hard bed.
For kids, the pool is good, they have pool toys, and you can walk around the property and could even scoot around if you had a scooter or something...they did not readily have a crib/cot but were able to find one from a neighboring hotel. Property is very pretty, and I like all the villas with their own entry and deck rather than one large building.
Koh Samui is not my favorite island so we won't be going back but if there was a Fair House in other locations I would stay there again!

Did try snorkeling off the beach - terrible visibility and nothing much to see. I love swimming in the ocean or sea, but in this case sticking to the wonderful pool is your best option. Did not get a chance to get a massage in the spa, and regret missing that although the cheapest massages are found on the busier beaches.

When we were there it was quite empty, quiet and relaxing, so having a room that faced the pool was fine - no noise. We were always the first ones at breakfast and in the pool b/c of our son. There is a barrier between the villas and pool that is a nice buffer.

The grounds are amazing, like a lush retreat. Frangipani everywhere!

Room tip: If you have a child, you may want one of the rooms closer to the restaurant and facing the pool.
Date of stay: December 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Titianhairedsleuth
FairHouseVillas, Manager at Fair House Villas & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2013

Dear Titianhairedsleuth,

Many thanks for your long and informative review. I am glad you enjoyed your time with us. It is always exciting for our staff when we have young children staying with us and they really do love taking care of them. I am glad your son enjoyed the attention. As always, my favourite positive feedback to receive is about our staff and I am glad that our team was able to make such a positive impression on you as well.

It is great that you enjoyed your room. The specious bathrooms in our Garden Villas, Pool Villas and Beach Front Villas (which have two such bathrooms) are a big hit among many of our guests. I apologize for the inconvenience of not having conditioner in the bathroom. We will look into the possibility of adding this to the standard amenities. Thank you for your feedback on this.

Thank you also for your kind feedback on the grounds and the tropical garden atmosphere. We put a lot of effort into the atmosphere and presentation of our property, as we believe this is an essential part of a relaxing holiday. We have all kinds of tropical vegetation throughout our property and our aim is for the hotel to blend in with the nature as much as possible. In our organic garden our guests can see a wide range of tropical fruits, herbs and vegetables growing. As for the frangipanis which you mention, we have many different varieties and colours spread around the area. I am glad your family enjoyed it.

Again thank you for your helpful and informative feedback. We hope to welcome you back again soon.

Warm regards,

Vigbjorn Hassel Vaage
Operation Manager

Reviewed February 4, 2013

This is really a great hotel in a very nice and green environment. The hotel is very clean and offers excellent service, in all facilities.
Our business group especially enjoyed the tranquil and peaceful atmosphere of the hotel, far away from all hectic spots and party freaks - it is a fantastic place, not only for stressed managers.
The rooms are quite spacious and built and decorated in genuine Thai style.
The hotel's management and staff are extremely dedicated on customer service - with a very professional and friendly attitude.
I took the opportunity to book the next stay, together with my wife, at this highly recommended hotel and we look forward to it.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank Frank G

Dear Frank,

Many thanks for your review. It was a great pleasure having your business group here and offering you guys a chance to unwind from the busy life in Shanghai. This is exactly what we aim for and it is always rewarding for us to get positive feedback like this from our guests. And as always, the feedback on our staff makes me very proud. They really are a fantastic group of people who serve from their hearts and always do their best to ensure that our guests are comfortable and happy.

We are very excited that you have decided to come back so soon and we are looking forward to welcome your wife to our resort. We are glad you could leave us with recharged batteries and we wish you and your business partners a successful time ahead.

Reviewed February 3, 2013

We're back in cold and wet England and the balmy heat of Thailand is a beautiful memory . Our arrival at Fair House was greeted with traditional Thai courtesy from all the reception team and we were offered a cold drink and a cool place to sit while we filled in the registration. Then off to our beautiful garden villa by golf buggy. A large, airy and beautiful bungalow with a view of the beach. We upgraded to a pool suite which was fabulous. I can't recommend the hotel and the staff enough, they went the extra mile to make our stay completely pleasurable. Nothing was too much trouble for them and they were happy to help. Restaurant can be a little quiet some nights but we went to the Fishermans village quite a lot and there's so much choice there. Breakfast was bountiful and the view from the restaurant gorgeous . Roll on next year ! I'll be back .

Room tip: Check out your room location as some are very high up the hillside. Great views but oxygen masks are needed for those ( like me ) who are less than fit. Beach villas are the bees knees , but all are blessed with beautiful gardens and flowers abound .
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank Jeanieg1090

Dear Jeanie,

Thank you for staying at Fair House Villas & Spa and thank you for this kind review. I am thrilled that you and your husband enjoyed your time with us and your kind words about our staff make me very proud. I know that our staff really enjoyed getting to know you both during your time here and we are definitely looking forward to welcoming you back again next year. In the meantime, we wish you all the best.