We stayed at the Fair House in November 2012, and have only one complaint really - no conditioner in the bathroom. I usually pack hair products but didn't since it seemed like such a nice place, thought they would have what I need...but no conditioner!
Lovely, clean, calm room that was well cleaned daily and had a HUGE bathroom with both a large shower and very large bathtub. I think the bathroom was almost as big as our Hong Kong apartment.
The staff was wonderful and helpful, especially with our 20 month old son - he loved everyone there. Having breakfast at the restaurant with the nice view out over the sea was great, and there were many food options plus things to keep the picky toddler happy. Not much of a beach but from what I saw, I don't think Koh Samui beaches are all that great anyway, at least not around the NE corner.
At the restaurant we always had the same table for breakfast which my son loved, he would walk right to it. The staff was so attentive to him.
It is pretty isolated, and a bit of a walk to any sort of restaurant option besides what is at the hotel or the adjacent W (Japanese food). So that was a drawback b/c taxi fares are expensive; you have to call for a taxi and wait. The dinner at the restaurant was fine, not fantastic. The pad thai was good, pizzas were good, but in general it was so-so but many nights (especially with a toddler) we didn't feel like taking a taxi to the next town.
Bed was hard, as is typical, but a nice king size bed with crisp clean white sheets and really no mosquitos - room was great and I slept well on the hard bed.
For kids, the pool is good, they have pool toys, and you can walk around the property and could even scoot around if you had a scooter or something...they did not readily have a crib/cot but were able to find one from a neighboring hotel. Property is very pretty, and I like all the villas with their own entry and deck rather than one large building.
Koh Samui is not my favorite island so we won't be going back but if there was a Fair House in other locations I would stay there again!
Did try snorkeling off the beach - terrible visibility and nothing much to see. I love swimming in the ocean or sea, but in this case sticking to the wonderful pool is your best option. Did not get a chance to get a massage in the spa, and regret missing that although the cheapest massages are found on the busier beaches.
When we were there it was quite empty, quiet and relaxing, so having a room that faced the pool was fine - no noise. We were always the first ones at breakfast and in the pool b/c of our son. There is a barrier between the villas and pool that is a nice buffer.
The grounds are amazing, like a lush retreat. Frangipani everywhere!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fair House Villas & Spa is a locally owned, romantic beach front resort that offers a relaxing atmosphere away from the busy areas of Koh Samui. In the lush tropical gardens you will find the airy and spacious traditional Thai-style bungalows that were carefully built to harmonize with their natural surroundings. The hotel offers six different room categories, all with private balcony or terrace, ranging from the Garden Villas to the exclusive Beach Front Villas, which feature private swimming pools. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Fastbooking, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Ctrip TA, HostelWorld, Hotwire, Cancelon, Priceline, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Fair House Villas & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fair House Villas Hotel Mae Nam
- Fair House Villas And Spa
- Ban Laem Sai Hotel
- Fair House Villas & Spa Ko Samui, Thailand