“Dinner was out of this world insane!”

ZENZIBAR Beach Bar & Restaurant
Ranked #17 of 113 Restaurants in Mae Nam
Cuisines: Seafood, Thai, International
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: A small restaurant lay in the middle of the clean and uncrowded of Maenam beach, close to the sea and you can feel the sand on your feet.
Reviewed January 23, 2014 via mobile

Uj the owner picked us up from our hotel and took is straight to the beachfront restaurant. Our table was on the sand, we ordered the seafood platter for two, the dishes just kept coming out, best seafood I've ever eaten and I'm a tough critic.

Firstly we were served mussels in a delicate salsa, then black pepper and garlic king prawns, this chilli flavoured red snapper which I'll never forget, calamari grilled with garlic and ginger, and the crab was the best, I can't explain the sauces but they were incredibly flavoursome, I couldn't replicate. Dessert was mango with sticky rice yum. All served with a glass of wine that never ended.

We are going back again before we leave. The whole experience with the owner who is very passionate about his food and restaurant, was brilliant. Make sure you call the restaurant to get the owner to pick you up and take you back to your hotel. It's not easy to find otherwise!

Enjoy :)

1  Thank Ri K

Reviewed January 18, 2014 via mobile

Lunch on 16 Jan was pretty delicious so we went back for dinner on the 18 Jan. Wow. Both times food was fantastic. Hot curry. Tasty dishes of all varieties. Even got a few complimentary appetizers. Really windy evening and just a beautiful spot to be at. Do yourself a favor and try this place at least once.

2  Thank hollytania
Reviewed January 18, 2014

We arrived from Chaweng via a back/ dirt road which was concerning at first, however we were met at the end of a small pier that lead to the beach by the lovely owner of this new restaurant.
Due to the location, we were concerned about outré return taxi finding the us to collect us afterwards- the owner so very kindly offered to return us to Chewang at the end of our meal!

The food was fantastic - our favourite were the garlic tiger prawns!!

The staff were very attentive making sure that we had everything we needed and were so sweet about accommodating some minor dietary requirements (ie- spices/ hot/med/mild)
The owner took the time to chat to us and his english was great just for an added bonus- he feels its important to be able to converse and really takes an interest in his guests, without being overbearing in any way.

The ride home was lovely with the owner passionately and genuinely telling us about his life and goals to make his new flourinshing restaurant a success.
Nothing fancy to look at, but an essential dinner on the beach - feet in the sand- warm and welcoming experience!

1  Thank Jennifer F
Reviewed January 17, 2014 via mobile

We have been in Bophut for a week now and I was beginning to despair that we would never have a good meal. Fisherman's Village is a tourist trap with so many awful restaurants serving Thai and chips...

I agree that this is very difficult to find but really worth it. I phoned ahead and there was a table prepared for us right on the edge of the sea. There was an amazing full moon and my partner had a fantastic selection of seafood dishes. I had prawns with garlic and pepper.

The owner drove us back to our hotel. We have booked again for Sunday night. Do try it!

2  Thank molly3915
Reviewed January 16, 2014 via mobile

Rustic & simple as you'd expect from a remote Thai beachside restaurant which the taxi driver couldn't find & dropped us off to walk. It was however well worth it, very fresh (amazingly fresh) very authentic & well cooked. Pity about the weather although on the right night this would be magic. Great owner who offered to drive us 20-30mins back to our resort even though he was busy & we politely declined. He still insisted on driving us to the main road to get a taxi, lovely gentlemen & gracious host. I hope to see you again.

1  Thank ArmyLeesa