“The highlight of my trip”
Review of The Fire Station

The Fire Station
Ranked #3 of 5 Nightlife in Mae Nam
More attraction details
Owner description: The Fire Station is a brand-new Sports and Music Bar on Walking Street, 100 meters from Maenam Beach. Sports fans will love our four HD plasma screens showing up to 4 matches at once, while the musically-minded will also be kept entertained by our state-of-the-art in-house audio system. Full range of beer, wine, spirits and superb cocktails, free super-fast wifi, free pool table, comfy sofas, outdoor decking area.
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“The highlight of my trip”
Reviewed February 19, 2013 via mobile

I came across this bar on my second trip to koh samui and wish I would have came to this bar sooner. All of the staff are excellent and very easy to talk to. Very laid back atmosphere with great selection of drinks. I loved the music. Had a hamburger on walking street night and as an American I have to say it was one of the best I've ever had.
A big thank you to Ron, Brett, and Pong for a great night!

1 Thank Nicktheporter
topsturner, Manager at The Fire Station, responded to this review, March 2, 2013
@Nicktheporter

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your experience at our bar. As an Englishman I'm particularly proud that a native of Las Vegas enjoyed my attempts at American Burgers so much! You are a valued guest and we look forward to welcoming you again in the future.

Ko Samui, Thailand
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Great people and excellent service”
Reviewed February 11, 2013

Been there several times now. A great place for a drink and meeting people, even if you don't like to watch sports. Large choice of drinks and very good prices. Step in for a drink and pretty sure you will end up staying all evening!

Visited February 2013
1 Thank Femke B
topsturner, Manager at The Fire Station, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
@SibajaPalms

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a kind review of your experience at The Fire Station. It's particularly pleasing to know that customers not enthusiastic about watching sport still enjoy visiting us. We have also made a conscious effort to increase our range of drinks on offer so I'm glad customers notice and appreciate this. Thank you again for taking the time to leave a review and we look forward to seeing you again soon.
Tongson bay, koh- Samui ,Thailand
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“grill with no menu?”
Reviewed February 11, 2013

we went to the fire station bar and grill in maenam on the walking street looking for somewhere to eat
we spotted this bar and grill so we sat down and asked for a menu

we were rather surprised to be told there was no menu
perhaps they better remove the griil from the neon sign as its a little misleading
needless to say we had to leave
would come for a beer and watch sport with out a problem

Visited February 2013
1 Thank tongson v
@samuitongson

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your experience and please accept our apologies for the confusion. Although we have changed our business name to simply 'The Fire Station' and have changed all of our ground-floor signage to reflect this, the large lit sign at the top of the building does still say "Bar & Grill". A new one is being designed in line with the rest of the others and will be in place shortly to avoid people having a similar experience to yours.

In the meantime the bar will be offering a food service very shortly. We have also launched a barbeque stall outside the bar every Thursday for Walking Street where we offer grilled cheeseburgers, which I'm pleased to be able to say is proving to be a great success having sold out for it's first two weeks.

All that being said, again I'm sorry you were disappointed with your first visit to us and I hope you'll stop in again the next time you are in Maenam.
Koh Tao, Thailand
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Modern, friendly sports / music bar with first class service”
Reviewed January 31, 2013

5-star hotel standards of service and drinks, a hidden gem! youre given an extensive drinks menu when you arrive and a fresh cold towel - lovely! Prices are really cheap - I drink wine which is a rip off in Thailand but here its only 100thb (£2) for a glass. beer is the same as everywhere else, 50thb for Chang then a bit more for the foreign stuff. They do frosted glasses as well which i think is a nice touch. The cocktails are made by Pong, the quiet but lovely Thai guy behind the bar, and they are comparable to any I've had anywhere (and I'm well travelled). Another big thing for me - the loos are spotless and very modern. I'm not really in to the sport they show but in between they get the music just right so I sit on their decking on my ipad (the wifi is great) and watch the world go by. Customers are from all over the world which i think says a lot as a lot of bars in Maenam are cliquey and orientated to one nationality. The English / American management deserve to do well if they keep these standards going.

Visited January 2013
1 Thank LoveSunLoveSnow
topsturner, Manager at The Fire Station, responded to this review, February 2, 2013
@LoveSunLoveSnow

Thank you for taking the time to write a review, there's a couple of things there that I'm very happy you highlighted.

First of all it's VERY good to know that customers without an interest in sport feel welcome and see it as something they can ignore if they choose. As you say we play music whenever sporting events aren't being shown, relaxing stuff during the hot days and more upbeat stuff to get the party going at night. When sport is on, the layout should make it possible for guests to sit at a distance and observe the passionate responses grown men and women throwing / kicking / hitting balls around can evoke!

Secondly, I'm very glad you see our wine prices as offering value for money. Wine seems to be the Number 1 target for some establishments on Samui to absolutely go to town on their customers wallets. We still make a profit on our wine sales of course, but only to an extent which we think is fair and will encourage wine drinking guests to visit us just as regularly as fans of cold beer.

Thirdly, I am happy you noticed that guests of ALL nationalities are welcome in The Fire Station. Some bars do decide to target one or two nationalities for various reasons but we decide to go the other way and it seems to work very well. As well as local Thai's we regularly have guests from Germany, Russia, France, Austria, Switzerland, Australia, the USA, Ireland, Canada, New Zealand, Holland, the UK... the list goes on and on and that is a huge source of pride for us.

(By the way, if your country isn't mentioned make sure to come in and make sure I add it to the list!!)

Last of all, I'm glad you feel welcome to take advantage of our free broadband Wi-Fi. We have had many guests for whom the internet isn't the best in their hotels and some have been able to Skype their families for the first time on their holiday which is always a pleasure to see.

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for The Fire Station, happy customers make our day, and we look forward to welcoming you back.
London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great atmoshphere, great people”
Reviewed January 31, 2013

Found the place by accident while walking around Maenam. Had a great time there for rest of day and bought friends back to enjoy watching the sports.
Next time I'm in town I'll be returning for more good times.

Visited December 2012
2 Thank Kiwi_dan_77
@Kiwi_dan_77

Very glad you stumbled upon us!! We were very grateful that you brought back such an enthusiastic crowd with you later in the day as well. Thank you for taking the time to write a review about us and we look forward to seeing you and your friends again.