“Awesome experience but room for improvement”
Review of Canopy Adventures

Canopy Adventures
More attraction details
Owner description: The first Cable Ride in Asia, and one of the most visited attractions in Thailand - Fly through the little-seen and exquisitely unspoiled rainforest interior of Koh Samui, zipping on a cable high above the jungle through to the Secret Waterfalls!
Reviewed April 11, 2013

Zip ride was the first adventure experience we planned on doing during our trip to Koh Samui. If I have to sum up the whole thing, I'd say its a must do, not for the faint hearted and the leaflets probably haven't been updated!!
Unlike many reviews below, we were picked up on time from our resort. All the people working for canopy adventures were very courteous, humble, humorous and did their best to make the event as enjoyable as possible. As mentioned below, yes, the leaflet says many things, all of which aren't there, but I somehow can not find flaws with the experience I had!
The trek to the fist platform is very steep, with no proper railing or stepping stones.
The practise rail is very small, but our guide explained the whole thing very well and made some members of the group take multiple turns who he felt didn't understand the concept well.
There were no helmets given, I can understand lots of people will think they should have been given for safety reasons.
Overall the gear seemed fine, at least we didn't have any accidents!!
The platforms were wobbly as we reached further, but it was only when one team member used the zip wire.
The guides would always buckle each member before unhooking them from the zip wire.
After the 6 zip wires, when we reached the base, fresh fruit platters were waiting for all of us. It was a nice touch.
Word of advice, take your water bottles along as no water is available, only soft drinks and beers.

All in all, I am glad I had this experience.

1  Thank Maryem Z
"short line"
"phone camera"
"start point"

Reviewed April 3, 2013

I had never been zip lining before and had a lot of fun here. The day didn't start off great though. They were over an hour late picking us up at our hotel and we had to cram into the back of a truck with a bunch of people. The ride up to Secret Falls was very bumpy and everyone was flying around in the back of a truck. I went with my friend and we're both in our mid 20s and we actually had quite a bit of fun on the crazy ride up to the zip lining. I think that anyone of a fairly mature age might have a little bit of a problem on the ride up there though. Also, once we arrived at Secret Falls, there was a decent hike up to the first zip lining platform. My friend and I didn't have a problem walking up there, but I think that older people should be aware that it is a little steep and rugged.

The zip lining itself was a lot of fun and very scenic! The jungle is very lush and green and the waterfall is very pretty. The guides are a couple of joksters. They could see that I was a little nervous and they enjoyed trying to scare me any way they could, such as when it was my turn to zip line they would tell me that I was good to go and as soon as I jumped off the platform they would scream "No don't go! You're going to die!". It was all in good fun though and I think they could tell that I found them amusing. They were also friendly and helpful and offered to take lots of pictures of us and even took some videos of me and my friend zip lining.

All in all, I thought it was a fun and worthwhile experience and would recommend it.

Reviewed January 27, 2013 via mobile

Decided to do this because as a mature lady, the brochure sounded good. It stated no climbing, this is untrue. After the jeep drops you off(after quite a hairy ride) you then have to walk uphill to reception. Once they fit your gear you then have a long uphill trek to get to base camp, no pathway as such, climbing through tree roots, rubble and hardly any handrails. I was worn out before we started. The brochure also states, international guides, again not true, two Thai guys, one of which spoke ok English.it also states a training zip wire. Again not true, we were taken straight to the first zip wire. Once there, really no option but to continue. Some of the platforms were dropping to bits, planks missing,holes.the actual zip wiring was excellent, but some of the steps up and down to each platform were horrendous, almost vertical with no handrails. I know we were zipped on and couldn't fall, but it was quite scary, and I wasn't the only one who thought so. All in all a once in a lifetime experience for me, but I really do believe no maintenance has existed during the 10 years it has been open, and one day.......

4  Thank felinegeordie
Reviewed January 25, 2013

This was a very nice waterfall and got some nice photos the water is very cold this was part of our day trip that we had booked there was a little bar where you could have a hot or cold drinks,snacks ice cream

1  Thank Connie L