From the airport to the hotel is about a 15/20 minute drive, from the high street the hotel connecting road is a ribbon of concrete twisting and turning for about 3/4 mile terminating at the hotel reception. The reception is in a single story open plan, open air structure.
Room allocation is swiftly dealt with by the manager and his staff over a welcoming non alcoholic drink. Following registration we were accompanied to our rooms through the tropical gardens.
Accommodation comprises deluxe bungalows and rooms set in two stories. We were allocated rooms on the upper level facing the tropical gardens and the garden pool.
The room was large enough for a King and Queen size bed, there was ample storage space with a large wardrobe half a dozen draws each. The TV rested on the dressing table above the tea making facilities. The bathroom was more than adequate for our needs with a basin, w/c and a two person shower ,culminating with a shaver point and hair drier.
The balcony had two chairs and a small table, there was also a clothes/washing line.
A short walk through the gardens brings you to the second pool, bar, restaurant and beach frontage. However, there wasn't much beach when we arrived, but, as the day went on the beach grew as can be seen from the photos.
The bar catered for almost every kind of drink imaginable with over thirty named cocktails available as well as local spirits and beers.
Food in the restaurant was of a consistently high standard with innumerable choices at all meals. The staff were remarkable nothing was too much trouble, in fact they would literally bend over backwards to ensure that your every need was met.
For the fitness fanatic the facilities were adequate, a very small outdoor gym, a permanent table tennis area.
A PADI dive school is also located on the premise, for those who like to stay above the water there is the opportunity to sail or canoe, this equipment is located at the far end of the beach front close to the restaurant.
Overall the initial disappointment of this tired looking property was soon overcome, the service staff are exceptional, the setting is tranquil during the day and idyllic at night.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Low rise, Thai style, landscaped garden, unspoiled beach, warm clear waters of the South China Sea; 12 km from Phangah Island. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Splitty, Agoda, Hotels.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Cheap Tickets and Cancelon so you can book your Paradise Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paradise Beach Hotel Mae Nam
- Paradise Beach Koh Samui
- Paradise Beach Resort Ko Samui, Thailand