This hotel was really very nice. Myself and my family to a large extent picked this hotel off the back of good reviews posted on this site.
The hotel and its grounds did not disappoint. The hotel was right on the beach so you could literally have your breakfast and walk two meters onto a quiet and secluded beach reserved only for hotel guests. The hotel rooms surrounded a lovely and well maintained tropical garden, so the scenery from the room balconys was incredibly tranquil and relaxing. The rooms themselves were a lot larger than I expected and they were very clean and airy.
The hotel beach bar was quite small and slighty limited. Breakfast was included and was very good. It was an extensive buffet with lots of variety where you could get a traditional English, continental, or choose from a wide range of your healthy options. We ate at the hotel restaurants a couple of nights, it was probably a bit expensive for what it was though. The hotel did provide some good and interesting entertainment. We saw what ranged from traditional Thai dancers and musicians to young people doing impressive displays of fire poi.
The resort itself was a little out of the way which suited us. Bophut fishing village was ten minutes down the road and offered night markets, shopping and a range of bars and restaurants. Chaweng was about 20 minutes away and was much larger, busier, and more vibrant. The hotel offered a shuttle bus to transport guests there and back. It ran fairly regularly but I could imagine seats would be quite limited if you went at a busier time of year.
The guests seemed to be generally Eurpoeans; with only a few British. I am 24, but was with my family. I would not recommend this for young adults...it's not a party hotel by any means! If you are after that then look at Chaweng...that seemed to be the hotspot for groups of friends and younger people.
The staff were lovely and very accommodating. The only one bad point to mention is that their English was terrible! There were quite a few things that got lost in translation. Overall though our stay was extremely comfortable, peaceful and relaxing and I would definitely recommend this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Low rise, Thai style, landscaped garden, unspoiled beach, warm clear waters of the South China Sea; 12 km from Phangah Island. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Splitty, Priceline, Hotwire, Orbitz, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Cheap Tickets and Cancelon so you can book your Paradise Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paradise Beach Hotel Mae Nam
- Paradise Beach Koh Samui
- Paradise Beach Resort Ko Samui, Thailand