“Very relaxing and romantic!”
Review of Belmond Napasai

Belmond Napasai
Ranked #5 of 30 Hotels in Mae Nam
Kapolei, HI
“Very relaxing and romantic!”
Reviewed September 6, 2013

This is a beautiful resort, right on the beach. The personal villas are just lovely, designed in a way that gives the feel of traditional Thai lifestyle. Our villa was right on the beach, which I recommend! We loved spending time on our outdoor patio just relaxing and watching the ocean.

I particularly liked the secluded, romantic feeling of this place. I loved the restaurant right on the beach (not beside the sand, ON the sand!), but it seemed they also do a good job of offering semi-secluded dining in a variety of gazebos and patios that serve their 2 or 3 restaurants.

We enjoyed the special celebration for Chinese New Year's, a special outdoor buffet, with Chefs cooking and serving hot foods and meats, and a buffet of delicious side dishes. Setting off the "lanterns" at the end was a delightful surprise! I've never seen this done, let alone get to participate, lighting the big life-size Chinese lanterns, hold till they fill with hot air, and then release into the night sky over the ocean.......Memorable!

The staff is very professional, very helpful. We enjoyed meeting the Manager, she spent time conversing and getting acquainted with us during our stay and seemed to be very conscientious about making sure her guests were well attended to.

Breakfast was excellent, a big variety of both Western and Thai breakfast items.

We also enjoyed the infinity pool which seemed to just flow right off into the ocean.

Spa is also lovely, we enjoyed a great massage here.

And the flower art! It's amazing! We even had "Happy Honeymoon" spelled out on our bed in little tiny white petals.......amazing!

All-in-all, this place is wonderful!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
Miami, Florida
Reviewed August 25, 2013

Just back from 10 days at Napasai. This place has everything that one can dream of: a setting surrounded by nature and beautiful gardens that creates a calm and serene ambiance. In terms of restaurants, we loved sitting on the beach and having the traditional Thai Mookata in the evening. Breakfast was amazing with a huge selection of Western and Asian dishes. As a family, we really enjoyed the activities, yoga and Pilates in the morning and sailing in the afternoon. What impressed us the most was definitely the staff: from the management to the gardeners, waiters or concierge, everyone was very warm, friendly and attentive. I would say that this made us feel very special. Thank you so much Napasai for such a great time! We will be back!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Steven A
Hertfordshire
Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

The Napasai was in fact a 2nd choice for us when there was an issue with our original choice.... But it proved to be fantastic! Our concerns were the distance from Restaurants, but it was very easy to get a taxi that the resort arranged for you with an agreed price.
The resort is set in beautiful, lush gardens, with the villas all private & secluded.
Nice clean villas but do agree with feedback I read about the problem about the 'turn down' being too early. But spoke to Juan who dealt with this & they came later. Had no problem with sun beds on the beach but the pool was rather busy with lots of families with children... So we stayed on the beach. Wit, the beach guy was brilliant, always ready to help move the sun beds, was always very discrete but very attentive when he served us drinks & food. He is a major asset to the resort.
Beach is lovely, but wish we had taken our beach shoes as it was quite hard on the feet with stones. Not Napasai' fault!
If we were to be critical about anything it would be & agree with another member it would be.. European costings in the resort but in Thailand. Thailand is so cheap to eat & drink out but resort needs a taxi to go anywhere so adds to the cost. The service in the restaurants is good but the food was average, so adding this cost to your overall holiday makes this a more expensive choice.
A shame really as the resort is more expensive to begin with then some very good resorts in Fishermans & they have restaurants on hand. But don't be put off.. The setting, the beach & the most amazing infinity pool ever makes the Napasai a fantastic choice for couples. There are changes being made apparently & a few 'extra ' special touches would make this resort somewhere that won't be beaten!!!
Overall loved the Napasai, thank you everyone there... You all make an amazing special team!

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank ToniHertfordshire
Bangkok
Reviewed August 10, 2013

It has been very long time since my First visit at Samui Island. This place used to be very calm and quiet. Today, it becomes fancy.
If you want the calm and quiet atmosphere as it used to be. Napasai Hotel is a good candidate to think about.
The villa is well design that reflects Thai traditional way of life whereas the modern function requirements be perfect.
The services are great and impressive.
It is worth spending your time for a break here , then back to your busy world....

Room Tip: Take to beach front ones.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Stephan P, General Manager at Belmond Napasai, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Dear Guest,

We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to host you soon again in the near future.

Yours sincerely
Stephan Post
London
Reviewed August 7, 2013

Pros
• Lovely beach front villas with well appointed interior design and a really comfortable bed.
• Great view. Beautiful sunsets..
• Charming and personable service. Every single staff and people in management made an effort to personally talk to us at least once.
• Decent breakfast with a wide range of western and Asian options.
• Daily supply of fresh fruit and mineral water
• Clean and well maintained

Cons
• The beach itself isn't great.. grainy sand and slightly muddy in the water
• A distance from most points of interest. Will require a cab ride when you leave the resort.
• Expensive in-house food (same level as Europe)

Room Tip: We had the beach front villa which was nice and secluded. Went to bed leaving the windows open and f...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Hoa-an B
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your encouraging words and nice comments.

We hope to be able to great you soon at Napasai.

Yours
Stephan
Paris, France
Reviewed August 7, 2013

Napasaï is a beautiful Hotel and we enjoyed the location so much we came for the second time.
Everything is nice and people are really trying their best but altogether they really have to make an effort to be more efficient. They ask us three times when we would check out, you could sometimes wait for an hour before getting your meal at the restaurant, they organise some activities now but you can feel this is really the beginning (well this is nice they are trying!).
So this is difficult to be negative because the people there are so lovely but to be honest there is room for improvement. Looking forward to going back there to see if this is getting better!!
And thank you for this good time in Napasaï!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank loladego
Dear Guest,

Your comments are very useful to us so thank you very much for sharing them. Indeed many proposed activities like Thai Boxing, Pilates and Yoga and many more are new and we are working hard to fine-tune them to perfection.

Yours
Stephan
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 31, 2013

I have spent 10 nights blissful nights at Napasai.

From the moment we arrived we were greeted by a member of the management Iolanda
who was very kind and always made us feel very welcome

I must admit this place has everything for me from beautifully luxurios villa with a sea view the best quality cuisine for my needs (I'm a veggie) with a veggie menu simply delicious coffee.

The beach is just so so geourgeous have spent many hours lazing here aswell.

The spa treatments were great which my and my wife had a massage every day big thank you to Ma great massage and lovely lady.

I also noticed the had a morning activity schedule for Yoga Pilates Legs Bums & Tums stretching.

I was a bit nervous about exercising because I have put on alot of weight and my experiences back home kind makes me cautious but I spoke with Sabrina the activity officer and she reasured me the teacher was very good and patient The classes are done in the secret garden which is lush with natural beauty and very tranquil really enjoyed my kids done the power hour aswell which gave us a welcome break.

. So I decided to give it a go & I met Sean whom was a great teacher in fact I arranged it with Sabrina to do private training with Sean for my wife and me at my villa. Call me selfish but I wanted all the attention on me he was very knowledgable motivating kind and eveything was done with a litttle bit of humour which I found made all that bit more fun to do. Sean gave me a consultation, assesed my posture and suggested the types of training all in the process had taken about 45mins. Sean exposed me to different types of training that gave me an idea of what was enjoyable and effective for and what was not for me. I done Yoga, Pilates, Band resitsance training and some cardio along with nutritional guidance plus I got a programme to take home to keep me on the right track. I really can't thank you enough Sean especially as I have lost 3 kg, There are a few trainers there but I must say I'm so glad I booked with Sean his English is perfect as he is from England it should be. You would need to speak with either Sabrina who's the activities mgr or Sean directly to boook private training with him.

Sabrina was so helpful always made herself available whenever I had any enquiry

Plus I went to the secretss to a flatter stomach seminar great tips in that. Can't tell you though its a secret but go its good.

Also I had arranged snorkeling excusrions through the resort which was so convenient.
My wife has improved her game of tennis (which was urgently needed haha) since by utilizing the courts there.

The swimming pool there is nice and cool in the hot climate clean and well manatained.

All the staff seem to speak good english big plus when you visit Thailand.

I must say the secret garden is a truly magical place and I wish I could live there

Overall Napasai is great value for money and I would highly reccommend it to anyone who wants to be guaranteed a great time in Koh Samui. The only thing I'm sad abbout is going home soon. But I'm already planning my next trip and I intend on staying at Napasai.

Keep Up The Good Work

Room Tip: To book private Yoga or Exercise with Sean speak with Sabrina or Sean direct.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Six Senses Samui
#19 of 185 in Bophut
SALA Samui Choengmon Beach Resort
Santiburi Beach Resort & Spa

Been to Belmond Napasai? Share your experiences!