This is a beautiful resort, right on the beach. The personal villas are just lovely, designed in a way that gives the feel of traditional Thai lifestyle. Our villa was right on the beach, which I recommend! We loved spending time on our outdoor patio just relaxing and watching the ocean.
I particularly liked the secluded, romantic feeling of this place. I loved the restaurant right on the beach (not beside the sand, ON the sand!), but it seemed they also do a good job of offering semi-secluded dining in a variety of gazebos and patios that serve their 2 or 3 restaurants.
We enjoyed the special celebration for Chinese New Year's, a special outdoor buffet, with Chefs cooking and serving hot foods and meats, and a buffet of delicious side dishes. Setting off the "lanterns" at the end was a delightful surprise! I've never seen this done, let alone get to participate, lighting the big life-size Chinese lanterns, hold till they fill with hot air, and then release into the night sky over the ocean.......Memorable!
The staff is very professional, very helpful. We enjoyed meeting the Manager, she spent time conversing and getting acquainted with us during our stay and seemed to be very conscientious about making sure her guests were well attended to.
Breakfast was excellent, a big variety of both Western and Thai breakfast items.
We also enjoyed the infinity pool which seemed to just flow right off into the ocean.
Spa is also lovely, we enjoyed a great massage here.
And the flower art! It's amazing! We even had "Happy Honeymoon" spelled out on our bed in little tiny white petals.......amazing!
All-in-all, this place is wonderful!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Belmond Napasai exudes an irresistible, traditional Thai charm. Stand-alone villas sit within 17 acres of tropical gardens, rich with cashew and coconut trees, hibiscus and bougainvillea. Tempting aromas of fresh local cuisine drift through the air, and staff greet every request with a warm smile. Life is as quiet or as lively as you desire. Spend all day beside the infinity pool or in the relaxing Napasai Spa. Alternatively plunge into the vibrant island scene with our wide range of action-packed resort activities. The resort is a haven for sports, sea and action lovers. Enjoy a number of on-site facilities, from table tennis and badminton to windsurfing and Hobie Cat. Swimming pool nestled in our tropical garden, the infinity-edge freshwater pool. Family friendly features Whether spending quality time together or letting little ones run wild with supervised activities, Belmond Napasai is an ideal choice for a Thailand family holiday. Children can meet our resident animals while touring the secret countryside. They can get involved with different sports and excursions or go for a splash in the dedicated children's pool. They will also receive special menus in our restaurants. Babysitting services can be arranged on request so parents can unwind and savour the romance of the resort. Savour the delights of Thai cuisine at our Lai Thai Restaurant. Our executive chef offers a delicious array of local specialities alongside refined Mediterranean and oriental dishes. Take a seat indoors and enjoy the relaxed atmosphere, or eat al fresco on our outdoor balconies. Stunning views across the resort accompany breakfast, lunch and dinner. Dining in Belmond Napasai Beach Dining: Take a seat at our beachside restaurant which offers a mouth-watering variety of barbecued and grilled dishes. Savour the delights of Thai cuisine at our Lai Thai Restaurant. Our executive chef offers a delicious array of local specialities. Take a seat indoors and enjoy the relaxed atmosphere, or eat al fresco on our outdoor balconies. Stunning views across the resort accompany breakfast, lunch and dinner. The hotel offers a variety of villas from Sea view hill to sea view and beach front, One bedroom Villa Suites (beach front or in the Gardens) and Private Pool Residences from 2 to 4 bedrooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Ctrip TA, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Belmond Napasai reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Napasai By Orient-Express Hotel Mae Nam
- Napasai Koh Samui
- Napasai Hotel Koh Samui
- Belmond Napasai Ko Samui, Thailand