The Napasai was in fact a 2nd choice for us when there was an issue with our original choice.... But it proved to be fantastic! Our concerns were the distance from Restaurants, but it was very easy to get a taxi that the resort arranged for you with an agreed price.
The resort is set in beautiful, lush gardens, with the villas all private & secluded.
Nice clean villas but do agree with feedback I read about the problem about the 'turn down' being too early. But spoke to Juan who dealt with this & they came later. Had no problem with sun beds on the beach but the pool was rather busy with lots of families with children... So we stayed on the beach. Wit, the beach guy was brilliant, always ready to help move the sun beds, was always very discrete but very attentive when he served us drinks & food. He is a major asset to the resort.
Beach is lovely, but wish we had taken our beach shoes as it was quite hard on the feet with stones. Not Napasai' fault!
If we were to be critical about anything it would be & agree with another member it would be.. European costings in the resort but in Thailand. Thailand is so cheap to eat & drink out but resort needs a taxi to go anywhere so adds to the cost. The service in the restaurants is good but the food was average, so adding this cost to your overall holiday makes this a more expensive choice.
A shame really as the resort is more expensive to begin with then some very good resorts in Fishermans & they have restaurants on hand. But don't be put off.. The setting, the beach & the most amazing infinity pool ever makes the Napasai a fantastic choice for couples. There are changes being made apparently & a few 'extra ' special touches would make this resort somewhere that won't be beaten!!!
Overall loved the Napasai, thank you everyone there... You all make an amazing special team!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Belmond Napasai exudes an irresistible, traditional Thai charm. Stand-alone villas sit within 17 acres of tropical gardens, rich with cashew and coconut trees, hibiscus and bougainvillea. Tempting aromas of fresh local cuisine drift through the air, and staff greet every request with a warm smile. Life is as quiet or as lively as you desire. Spend all day beside the infinity pool or in the relaxing Napasai Spa. Alternatively plunge into the vibrant island scene with our wide range of action-packed resort activities. The resort is a haven for sports, sea and action lovers. Enjoy a number of on-site facilities, from table tennis and badminton to windsurfing and Hobie Cat. Swimming pool nestled in our tropical garden, the infinity-edge freshwater pool. Family friendly features Whether spending quality time together or letting little ones run wild with supervised activities, Belmond Napasai is an ideal choice for a Thailand family holiday. Children can meet our resident animals while touring the secret countryside. They can get involved with different sports and excursions or go for a splash in the dedicated children's pool. They will also receive special menus in our restaurants. Babysitting services can be arranged on request so parents can unwind and savour the romance of the resort. Savour the delights of Thai cuisine at our Lai Thai Restaurant. Our executive chef offers a delicious array of local specialities alongside refined Mediterranean and oriental dishes. Take a seat indoors and enjoy the relaxed atmosphere, or eat al fresco on our outdoor balconies. Stunning views across the resort accompany breakfast, lunch and dinner. Dining in Belmond Napasai Beach Dining: Take a seat at our beachside restaurant which offers a mouth-watering variety of barbecued and grilled dishes. Savour the delights of Thai cuisine at our Lai Thai Restaurant. Our executive chef offers a delicious array of local specialities. Take a seat indoors and enjoy the relaxed atmosphere, or eat al fresco on our outdoor balconies. Stunning views across the resort accompany breakfast, lunch and dinner. The hotel offers a variety of villas from Sea view hill to sea view and beach front, One bedroom Villa Suites (beach front or in the Gardens) and Private Pool Residences from 2 to 4 bedrooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ctrip TA, Booking.com, Agoda, Hotwire, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Belmond Napasai reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Napasai By Orient-Express Hotel Mae Nam
- Napasai Koh Samui
- Napasai Hotel Koh Samui
- Belmond Napasai Ko Samui, Thailand