We stayed for 10 nights at the start of April and were in a beachfront villa, which was beautifully appointed and has a fabulous view from the full room sized window.
The level of service at the Napasai is wonderful and everyone we came in contact with was clearly well engaged in creating the best experience possible for guests.
The levels of efficiency and standards throughout our stay were outstanding.
We took dinner in all of the three restaurants during our stay and each one had their own unique atmosphere as well as distinctive menu. We also asked to have some dishes that were on the dinner menu served for lunch and that was not a problem.
I would recommend taking the half day island tour which the front of house will arrange, we had an excellent driver / guide who spoke good English and took us exactly where we wanted to go. Time was not an issue as we extended the trip by an hour at the last minute.
My only negative is mainly out of the management's hands, as they are reflective of some of the other residents behaviours which we experienced during the first half of our stay.
As we were visiting over the Easter period there was a high proportion of families with young children staying and whilst that is to be expected, some of the noise levels in the pool area prevented my wife and I from using the pool area to swim or relax. The boisterous behaviour of some was just too much and I was surprised that parents don't exercise more skills in teaching their children to respect other people's holidays.
The other annoyance was that, even if I had wanted to use the pool area, all the sunbeds were reserved by 8.30am in that first week, an annoying practice which was mainly the trademark of UK and US families.
However, this meant that we always relaxed on the beautiful beach, which was well serviced by the resort staff and they brought a welcome complimentary ice cream or fruit plate each afternoon, as well as providing a drinks service at your sunbed throughout the day.
Overall a tremendous resort, in a beautiful, secluded location with amazing service from a happy team. I'll avoid weeks when there would be a high level of young children staying next time I stay.
Stay - you will be absolutely delighted.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Belmond Napasai exudes an irresistible, traditional Thai charm. Stand-alone villas sit within 17 acres of tropical gardens, rich with cashew and coconut trees, hibiscus and bougainvillea. Tempting aromas of fresh local cuisine drift through the air, and staff greet every request with a warm smile. Life is as quiet or as lively as you desire. Spend all day beside the infinity pool or in the relaxing Napasai Spa. Alternatively plunge into the vibrant island scene with our wide range of action-packed resort activities. The resort is a haven for sports, sea and action lovers. Enjoy a number of on-site facilities, from table tennis and badminton to windsurfing and Hobie Cat. Swimming pool nestled in our tropical garden, the infinity-edge freshwater pool. Family friendly features Whether spending quality time together or letting little ones run wild with supervised activities, Belmond Napasai is an ideal choice for a Thailand family holiday. Children can meet our resident animals while touring the secret countryside. They can get involved with different sports and excursions or go for a splash in the dedicated children's pool. They will also receive special menus in our restaurants. Babysitting services can be arranged on request so parents can unwind and savour the romance of the resort. Savour the delights of Thai cuisine at our Lai Thai Restaurant. Our executive chef offers a delicious array of local specialities alongside refined Mediterranean and oriental dishes. Take a seat indoors and enjoy the relaxed atmosphere, or eat al fresco on our outdoor balconies. Stunning views across the resort accompany breakfast, lunch and dinner. Dining in Belmond Napasai Beach Dining: Take a seat at our beachside restaurant which offers a mouth-watering variety of barbecued and grilled dishes. Savour the delights of Thai cuisine at our Lai Thai Restaurant. Our executive chef offers a delicious array of local specialities. Take a seat indoors and enjoy the relaxed atmosphere, or eat al fresco on our outdoor balconies. Stunning views across the resort accompany breakfast, lunch and dinner. The hotel offers a variety of villas from Sea view hill to sea view and beach front, One bedroom Villa Suites (beach front or in the Gardens) and Private Pool Residences from 2 to 4 bedrooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Belmond Napasai reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Napasai By Orient-Express Hotel Mae Nam
- Napasai Koh Samui
- Napasai Hotel Koh Samui
- Belmond Napasai Ko Samui, Thailand