We stayed at the Napasai (by Orient Express) for 12 days and we could have stayed here for ever! Welcome to a little paradise! What makes this place so special and unique is the privacy, space, peace and quiet. You can't find more romantic place.
The beach is 100% private indeed and for me it was very important. Water is deeper (at low tide) on Maenam and Bophut public beach but frankly the privacy and cleaness of the Napasai beach make the difference: no noisy volleyball games on the beach, no jetskis like everywhere else on Ko Samui, no garbage beach like in Manam/Boput beach (next door), no kite sellers, no massage girls . We went for one afternoon to Bophut and Maenam beach and we never wanted to return there. The Napasai was our home!
Although it is sometime hard to swim at low tide at Napasai (bathing only) we had super fun and swim in the lagoon in the afternoon at high tide.
And if you really want to swim at low tide the pool is huge or there is a channel to acces to deep sea water!
We liked: the beach, the quality of service (I agree with other reviews it is non pretentious but great service, simple, efficient, friendly, discret), Mrs Aoy, the beach restaurant and the tuesday barbecue on the beach with the free management cocktail by the pool, the ambiance at night, the hundreds little details, the free wifi, the macarons in our villa at night and of course our villa 103 (beach Front Villa).
We disliked: the only one day of rain we had, the day of departure, the outdated gym, the poor service with Bangkok Airways (big change after the napasai !).
Yes, we will for sure return to the Napasai !
TIP: If you want to go to chaweng, Bophut (downtown) take the public tuktuk, he stopped in front of the Resort every 10-15 minutes and return. So easy, so cheap and more fun than taxi!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Belmond Napasai exudes an irresistible, traditional Thai charm. Stand-alone villas sit within 17 acres of tropical gardens, rich with cashew and coconut trees, hibiscus and bougainvillea. Tempting aromas of fresh local cuisine drift through the air, and staff greet every request with a warm smile. Life is as quiet or as lively as you desire. Spend all day beside the infinity pool or in the relaxing Napasai Spa. Alternatively plunge into the vibrant island scene with our wide range of action-packed resort activities. The resort is a haven for sports, sea and action lovers. Enjoy a number of on-site facilities, from table tennis and badminton to windsurfing and Hobie Cat. Swimming pool nestled in our tropical garden, the infinity-edge freshwater pool. Family friendly features Whether spending quality time together or letting little ones run wild with supervised activities, Belmond Napasai is an ideal choice for a Thailand family holiday. Children can meet our resident animals while touring the secret countryside. They can get involved with different sports and excursions or go for a splash in the dedicated children's pool. They will also receive special menus in our restaurants. Babysitting services can be arranged on request so parents can unwind and savour the romance of the resort. Savour the delights of Thai cuisine at our Lai Thai Restaurant. Our executive chef offers a delicious array of local specialities alongside refined Mediterranean and oriental dishes. Take a seat indoors and enjoy the relaxed atmosphere, or eat al fresco on our outdoor balconies. Stunning views across the resort accompany breakfast, lunch and dinner. Dining in Belmond Napasai Beach Dining: Take a seat at our beachside restaurant which offers a mouth-watering variety of barbecued and grilled dishes. Savour the delights of Thai cuisine at our Lai Thai Restaurant. Our executive chef offers a delicious array of local specialities. Take a seat indoors and enjoy the relaxed atmosphere, or eat al fresco on our outdoor balconies. Stunning views across the resort accompany breakfast, lunch and dinner. The hotel offers a variety of villas from Sea view hill to sea view and beach front, One bedroom Villa Suites (beach front or in the Gardens) and Private Pool Residences from 2 to 4 bedrooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Belmond Napasai reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Napasai By Orient-Express Hotel Mae Nam
- Napasai Koh Samui
- Napasai Hotel Koh Samui
- Belmond Napasai Ko Samui, Thailand