This place blew us away! We are a family of four (two teenage boys) all wanting something different from a summer holiday, the Santiburi ticked all the boxes plus some we didn't even think we needed to tick!!! From the moment you arrive it is clear that this is a remarkable place. Very rarely does the resort live up to the hype and the web site, here however, it certainly does.
The villas are beautifully presented and spacious. Furnishings are tasteful and every need has been considered. The housekeeping staff are not only efficient but also thoughtful. We had our keys brought to us on the beach after accidently leaving them in the door!
Facilities are amazing, with everything from a daily football match with staff to Chakra balancing! Thai massages on the beach or in the Coral Garden are excellent and to be recommended. The gardens are extensive and beautifully maintained, they also give you a real feeling of privacy.
The Beach attendants were extreamly attentive, loungers and hammocks are made up for you in your favourite spot each morning and chilled water, cold towels,fruit and ice cream are brought round during the day. Later in the day even suncream and lens cleaners were also offered. Whilst the sea is beautifully warm just be careful of the sand as towards noon it gets incredibly hot.
The buffet breakfasts were a real hit with so many options including the best smoothie maker I have seen. A lady selling bbq chicken wanders along the beach at lunch time which is definitely worth trying along with the corn. If you want a lesson on how to prepare fruit, buy pineapples and mangoes from the fruit vendors. In the evening the buffets at the beach restaurant are lovely but make sure you book a table early. We also dined out a few nights and can highly recommend Barracuda, John's Garden, The Farmer (they will collect you from the hotel) or Ma Yom (cheap and chearful) which are all local. Alternatively, you can take a trip to Fisherman's Village, where we ate in the Happy Elephant, but there are many excellent and cheap options to choose from.
But the greatest asset the resort has is its staff. They are all so friendly, charming and helpful. If ever there was an example of customer service at its best, Santiburi is it. There is one lady in particular, her name is Apple, that we must thank for making our holiday something special.
Would we recommend this resort? Absolutely!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Santiburi Beach Resort and Spa is a five star resort and a Member of the Leading Hotels of the World, with 65 villas, 12 Suites and four restaurant outlets, a Royal Thai restaurant, a Beachfront restaurant, a Pool Bar & Restaurant, a Breakfast restaurant and a Lounge Bar. The resort also consists of an Activity center, Water sport center and Santiburi Spa by Bhawa. The Santiburi Beach Resort and Spa is well known in Thailand as a first class Resort with a high level in both standard and in the quality of services. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Agoda, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Cancelon, Priceline, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Cheap Tickets and Evoline ltd so you can book your Santiburi Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Santiburi Golf, Resort And Spa
- Santiburi Golf Hotel Mae Nam
- Santiburi Resort Koh Samui
- Santiburi Hotel Koh Samui
- Santiburi Beach Resort & Spa Ko Samui, Thailand