“Lovely food and perfect service”
Review of John's Garden

John's Garden
Ranked #15 of 96 Restaurants in Mae Nam
Cuisines: European, Asian, Thai
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Cash Only, Digital Payments, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: John's Garden is a typical restaurant offering Thai and Western food in a warm and friendly place !
Norfolk, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Lovely food and perfect service”
Reviewed May 13, 2014 via mobile

We were in Koh Samui for 7 days and ate here twice. Food is amazing, atmosphere is lovely and the staff are brilliant. Can not fault this place, would recommend to anyone! The garden is beautiful, especially in the evenings when it's all lit up. We would love to come back to Samui and have no doubt about where to go and eat!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Thessaloniki Region, Greece
“DINNER IN A PEACEFUL GARDEN”
Reviewed May 9, 2014

We were in Koh Samui on february 2014 for 10 days and having read very good reviews about this restaurant we really wanted to try it.
Although we had not made a reservation prior to our arrival (a mistake) we asked the owner if we could wait at the bar for a table, he accepted and we waited drinking cocktails in a relaxed atmosphere.
As soon as you arrive in this place you immediately feel that it is very well taken care of, everything is clean, beautiful, lovely a pleasure for the eye.
The food was also very good, everything we had, salad, fish, all our meal was simply perfect.
John is a serious and careful host, he takes his job very seriously.
Do not forget to reserve your table otherwise kindly ask if you can wait at the bar!
Don't miss this place while in koh samui.

• Visited February 2014
Beaufort, South Carolina
“We'll be back.”
Reviewed April 30, 2014

We enjoyed John's Garden so much, back in February of this year, that we went twice. I know John reads this so, John, we were the family that was eating at the table closest to the front of your restaurant when you came in with a freshly caught Cobia and you were kind enough to take it out of the bag and show it to us. My only regret is that we were leaving the next day- I wanted to try some of that fish! My family and I enjoyed the food that was prepared for us- my wife and daughter really enjoyed their Pad Thai. My son and I tried some shrimp dishes, all I remember is that the dishes were just right for our style and taste. The Garden ambiance with the fountain and lighting- excellent. I think that this is one place where it is obvious that the owner cares about the experience of his customers. Granted, nothing is perfect, my second drink was served to me but never added to my bill. I could have easily paid and left, but I feel that being honest is the most important thing. One final thing- John's Ice Cream and the Chocolate cake....oh.my! (from my wife) Awesome.! We look forward to a return to Koh Samui, and even more so to John's Garden.

• Visited February 2014
Orpington, United Kingdom
“Superb”
Reviewed April 24, 2014

Excellent food and the service is second to none. Pad Thai is the best we tasted and John recommended a fish in ginger sauce which was not on the menu which was beautiful. Lovely setting, I would recommend going there early in your holiday as you are likely to want to return. Strongly recommend.

Visited April 2014
johnsgardensamui, Propriétaire at John's Garden, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
hello, thank you for your review and sorry for this long answer to say thank you.
i am very happy that u enjoyed my place and my recomendation of getting a steam fish with ginger sauce who is not on the menu.
thank you also for this compliment for a service second to none.. we will try to do our best every day to make our custumer happy...
hope to meet you again in samui in the futur.
with love from the garden. john
“charming place with great food”
Reviewed April 19, 2014 via mobile

During our time in koh samui maenam, we visited this restaurant 3 times. The food is great, take the stuff recommendations. You should book a table for the evening because its full every day.

Visited April 2014
hello, thank you for your review. i am glad that you enjoyed our garden and the food, thank's for visiting us 3 times in your week in samui... withy love from our garden... john