“great food in a great setting”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of John's Garden

John's Garden
Ranked #15 of 96 Restaurants in Mae Nam
Cuisines: European, Asian, Thai
Good for: Kids, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Cash Only, Digital Payments, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: John's Garden is a typical restaurant offering Thai and Western food in a warm and friendly place !
exeter
“great food in a great setting”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2014

the restaurant is beautifully set out in picturesque gardens, the tables are intimate and you are not close to any other guests. The food is second to none and the service, particularily from Nigh and Charlie is superb. We ate there four out of seven nights as it was so good and each time we were not disappointed.

Visited January 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Singapore, Singapore
“faster and most welcoming staff in Asia!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2014

Did you ever enter a restaurant and felt you where meeting new friends? No? I did!
Did you ever ate fried spring rolls or tempura with fingers that did not let them oily? No? I did!
Where? at John's Garden restaurant.
We had passed by John's restaurant during daylight time and found the place so elegant and romantic that we decided, my wife and I, to book for that same day dinner.
Came the dark and we headed to the restaurant....whaooooo! the place was already charming in its day dress but at night time....a gem. Colored trimmed lights and profusion of candels immediately putted us in a warm, romantic mood.
As we were stepping in, John (can I call you John?) ran at us to suggest a table. He had a look around, considering the customers already present and placed us in an angle were the place came from very pleasant to magic.(top point: on every table you will find a small bottle of insect repellant (not that the place was full of moskitos, but in case of...). He came back after a while to check if we had any questions and John introduced our waiter, a young, smiling and smart waiter.
At this point I must say that, living in Singapore and having travelled a lot in Asia, I was not expecting to be impressed by any waiter, (usualy in Asia they have learn an other profession and came to serving in a restaurant because of life's situations...)but he did impressed me. He took the order and almost ran to the kitchen to place the order. In between our meal arrives he came several times to ask if everything was ok.
And then the flavor symphony started: the vegetables spring rolls. You will say spring rolls are spring rolls and that's it. NO. Mistake. These ones are almost no oily with a real vegetable taste and crystal noodles that I suspect are cook in a broth. The accompaning sauce is homemade and lightly spicy.
Then came the cachew chicken (a must try) for me and a mixed tempura for my wife. At the same time, enabling us for the first time since our arrival in Thailand to eat toghether.(you known what I mean!!)
The chicken is full of spices flavours and cooked perfectly. The Sauce is light and yummy.
But the best part is the tempura. John has probably found a revolutionary method to fry without oil or so. the mix of terder squid, crunchy shrimps and thai veg was huge. The tempura mix also has is little secret as it has his own flavor and an extrem crisp (John conceded there was a secret but did not said what!!)
We ended with the dessert: an home made salted caramel and coconut ice cream to die for and the best sticky rice with mango I ever had.
The food was served perfectly, the waiter made us laught and the place made us chill.
John is an attentionate owner and probably a good boss as I observed the respect and friendship among the whole team.
By far my best experience during these holidays.
Carlos.

• Visited January 2014
2 Thank Castber
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Delicious food in beautiful setting”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2014 via mobile

Just back from dinner at this delightful restaurant. A really enjoyable experience. The owner was extremely welcoming and came over to advise us on menu choice. Delicious cocktails, food flavoursome and not too heavy and the home made ice creams for dessert were out of this world. We will certainly revisit this restaurant before the end of our holiday.

Visited February 2014
1 Thank flissie_11
Amphoe Koh Sa-mui, Surat Thani, Thailand
“Best food in Town.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2014

It just great atmosphere place to have food. it located in Maenum area by the temple call Napralan. fish cake it my favorite and the cocktail it best . friendly staff good service and great food. you won't be disappointed!

• Visited December 2013
Ko Samui, Thailand
“Средне”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2014 via mobile

I do not like service to pay 10% of the order. Ordinary Thai food with inflated price tag. Roughly speaking, the entourage is paramount. Second time just will not go.

• Visited January 2014