Code
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
      Laguna Villas(Mae Nam)
      1,157 results
      All reviewsinfinity poolvanilla restauranttop floorkoh samuino liftmobile phonebang por beachsteam roombeautiful hotelthe main roadboutique hotelthe hotel managerfire showexplore the islandocean viewaway from the hustle and bustlefree shuttle
      FilterAll languages
      Reviewed July 29, 2014

Perfect for our intended week of R&R. Well off the beaten track but readily accessible to some fabulous feet-in-the-sand restaurants. The island can easily be driven in a hire car/scooter from the resort. The manager and her staff are very friendly and she will offer lots of great suggestions as to where it is worth visiting.

Room Tip: All rooms are beautifully decorated. We requested the 4th floor for the awesome views, also a great workout for the legs as it is stairs all the way.
      • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
      Review collected in partnership with this hotel
      Code_and_Lanna, General Manager at Code, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2014

Dear Sandra,
      Thank you for taking the time to review Code. I know you both had a lovely stay and left feeling relaxed. The restaurants along Bangpor Beach are picturesque and serve up fresh seafood as you mentioned!
      Once again many thanks for your review and I hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed July 25, 2014

We just got back from 5 nights stay at this property in a one bed room suite. There have been many raves about this hotel on trip advisor, which is why we had also decided to book it. As mentioned in my title, this is a place for those who need quietness and not looking for too much action! (very good if you have a very busy life and need a real break!)

As with all things, it will not be possible to please everyone all the time. As such, I've decided to share my review of this place, sharing my personal thoughts and views about what they've done very well and areas they could further tweak:

What they've done well:

The property itself is on top of a hill (20 minutes to the base where there is a 7-11 and Pharmacy, beach side restaurants which is great!). I personally appreciated the feeling of being a little removed and yet, walking distance to some amenities. But this is not very everyone, especially those who needs to be near to many shopping options.

The shuttle runs every two hours and anything that is outside of those timings require 100bath one way (nominal). All suites are sea-view with huge balcony (love these!) and kitchenette (We cooked a few of our meals!). In that regard, the price was a great value for the accommodation you get!

Special mention of Georgina who is the manager- I am impressed with her as she makes every effort to interact with the guests and hear them out or give advice on what to do! I see her every morning at breakfast (not something I see a lot of in many other 5 star resorts I've been at). Great job, Georgina!

Areas to improve:

Our airport transfers were already factored into the booking. But, there were confusions to my airport transfers (both ways!). They didn't pick us up at the airport when we arrived but we managed to get there quite easily with taxi (Forgiven!) The reception took it from there once we arrived.

For our return transfer, we told the reception the flight timing and also the pick up time, the day before. But they seemed confused again when we called to pick up our bags, the next day. It seems that they have forgotten about it too. But they rectified the problem quickly after.

I am just wondering if they should have more manpower at the reception (seemed short handed) and also tighten the process on this part as it can be slightly frustrating for the guests.

Other thoughts:

Book a stay here if you are not thinking of travelling too much out of the area. Otherwise, you will incur 800-1000 bath per way if you are heading to Chaweng etc. That can amount to quite a bit if you do it daily

Bang Por Beach (beach nearest to the hotel) is nice for a stroll or splashing but not really good for swimming or sea sports (at least at this time of the year!). If you are looking for that, you might be disappointed!

If you attempt to walk up/down the hill (which we did a lot), beware of dogs. We had some coming after us quite aggressively when we walked past the property.

Overall, it was a restful trip and the exceptional service of a few made up for the negatives!

Hi there,
      Thank you for your in depth review of Code. I am pleased to read that you had a restful stay with us. Code is certainly aimed towards the traveler that is looking to escape their busy life and relax the days away by the pool or along Bangpor Beach. As you mentioned when you were here Bangpor Beach was very shallow when you were in Samui, this changes throughout the year. We are very pleased there is no water sports along the beach, they are noisy and cause far too many problems to tourist and equally the locals who have business along the beach. You can rent kayaks out along Bangpor beach with are in keeping with the quiet feel and not hazardous to the environment. The taxis on Koh Samui are renowned to be on the expensive side, our pricing at the hotel is in keeping with the prices here and a lot cheaper than other hotels, however we do encourage guest to rent cars to explore the island or motorbikes if they are experienced of course. Many of our guest rent a car for the day to see the island then spend the rest of their days relaxing.
      Apologies with the confusion with the airport pick up, this doesn’t often happen and I know my front desk manager was not happy about the mix up. They do an amazing job, as we are coming into high season now so we have more staff on hand to help carry the load.
      Once again many thanks for your review and I hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed July 25, 2014

After staying at Rockys Resort in Lamai we decided to spend a week in Code in the north west of the island.

The hotel itself is a little far out and up a hill but the views are spectacular, and with daily shuttles down to the beach (which was lovely and quiet) its a very chilled out resort in a quieter part of Koh Samui.

We spent plenty of time in the busier Lamai and Chewang so this suited us.

Bit of a trek up to the top floor as there are no elevators, (which mayn't suit people with mobility problems) where our room was but the views over the ocean are superb. You really don't want to leave the room they are that good.

Pool is great, lovely size with sun loungers and caters for all.

Breakfast is also good, with bacon, eggs cooked to preference, sausage, cold meats, etc, always gave us a good start to the day.

Big shout out to Joe on main reception, and Georgina, who both were a credit to Code and very friendly...nothing was too much trouble.

Would recommend staying here, very different style to traditional Thai we had at Rockys, but we enjoyed both.

Room Tip: Rooms on ground floor by pool have no privacy...definitely get a room on 3rd or 4th floor for those views!
      Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple

Hi there,

Many thanks for your review. Many of our guests choose to stay between two hotels and find that the location of Code is always their preferred as it’s very peaceful and still has the charm of Thailand!

As you say we don’t have any elevators at Code and the majority of guests have no qualms about this, we always ask guest to mention if they have any problems with mobility and if so we assign them a lower level suite. We have always stated we don’t have elevators and have mentioned numerous times on here and our other social media sites, guests can inform us and then problem solved!

So pleased you had an enjoyable stay with us I will pass on your comments to all my staff.
      Thank you for choosing Code and I hope to see you in the future.

Reviewed July 23, 2014

We had an outstanding stay at Code. The Rooms were clean and new with the most amazing view. We knew it was not on the beach but quite enjoyed the walk down and got the bus back most times. The restaurants on Bang Por are really chilled and depending on the tide you can swim at the beach however if not Maenam is only 50 Baht away on the Songthaews and is a great beach for swimming.
      The thing that differentiate Code was the level of service nothing was too much for them to organise or assist with. We were unsure what time our ferry would arrive and when we got off with the boat our bags I was sweating like a gypsy with a mortgage however we called reception and they sent a bus straight away. When my wife was not well the Manager gave us advice how to deal with it and where there chemist was and also checked up with us the next day. All of the staff were friendly and professional and I am sorry I can’t remember all their names however Ice and Joe who we had a lot to do with were both great.
      Have recommended to our friends and if giving a chance to return would be all over it like a donkey on a hat.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
      Code_and_Lanna, General Manager at Code, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2014

Hi there,

Thank you for taking the time to review Code, your feedback mean a lot to us and we are so thrilled to read that you had the best possible stay with us. The views from the suites are spectacular so I am so pleased you were blown away by them also. You are right in saying that Bangpor beach is super chilled, great to go with a book and relax the day away.
      Great to read that you would come to stay with us again. I hope your journey to Bangkok was stress free!

Reviewed July 23, 2014 via mobile

What a surprise. Popped up to code for a meeting and had the most amazing breakfast. Amazingly clean, responsive staff and excellent mushrooms. I had a tour of the rooms and facilities and cannot fault them. The team do an excellent job on the resort. The food is fantastic, quality sausages and bacon with English mushrooms.
      Will definitely be coming to stay here if not just to experience the breakfast.

Stayed: July 2014

Dear Alex,

It was nice to meet you and your wife at breakfast, we often get outside guests coming to Code to sample Vanilla Restaurant menu. I have just seen that you have made a booking for a table of 4 in a couple of night’s time so I will see you again then!