“Amazeballs”
Review of Code

Code
Ranked #2 of 30 Hotels in Mae Nam
Reviewed July 10, 2013

Stayed at Code for 1 week after staying at their sister hotel, Lanna the week before. This hotel is incredible value, has a view to die for and is perfectly located away from noisy Chaweng and Lamai.
Joe on the front desk was superb, his English is impeccable too. The rooms are elegantly done, with awesome white corner sofa's, swanky flat screen TV, big bed and a kitchen area if you fancy yourself to be a Rick Stein. Only 2 negatives from me were: The bed was far too firm for me, and the air conditioning shined a bright blue light which was bright enough to be seen from space at night. I just stuck my airport luggage sticker over it as I like total darkness. However don't let this put you off!
This pool is awesome, we did 3 days just there relaxing and the rest of the time we rented a scooter for 300 baht from the reception and went to see the rest of the island.
I didn't try the spa but lots of other guests were raving about it that we met.
The hotel is around a 10 minute walk from the main road, but we had a bike so it didn't make a difference, plus it's well worth it for the view.
Overall I wouldn't hesitate in recommending this hotel to anyone who wants a relaxed holiday at a simply superb price.

Room Tip: Choose 2nd and 3rd floor rooms, they have the view and are very private.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank naughts4187
CodeandLanna, Manager at Code, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2013

Thank you for your ' amazeballs' review. First time i,ve heard that expression but i,m going to take it as a major compliment as the rest of your review is so positive.I guess it must be a northern thing.
As you say, we are away from the noise of chaweng and lamai but thankfully that suited you both judging by the 'Perfectly located' statement.
I will pass on to Joe your compliments and thank you once again for posting such a good review.
Hope all is well back home and have a very merry christmas !.

Reviewed July 9, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for 5 nights on our honeymoon at this luxurious location. We loved every minute of this stay, from our friendly welcome to relaxing by the wonderful infinity pool. The staff were more than helpful and helped us with taxis, pick ups and maps for rental car adventures ( if you can, go to fisherman's village for the market). A special shout out to Joe, Ice and manager Gary for being so welcoming and helpful. They have a shuttle service down to the beach and will pick you up from the bottom of the road when you use the little mobile phone they provide you! They also have mopeds to rent at a reasonable rate per day. The food is great and presented well, I recommend the chicken and prawn salad! ( amazing lunchtime snack). Drinks are also good with a wide range to select from. At the bottom of the road there are also a number of traditional bars, restaurants to try which look out over the water. Back at Code my wife had a massage in the spa and reported back saying it was excellent. All in all we were looking for a relaxing break.... It was perfect! We have now moved on and staying on Koh Phangan staring back at Code discussing when our next visit will be! See you soon Laura and Callum

Room Tip: The rooms not over looking the pool tend to be quieter we think, we stayed in Sunrise 2.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank CLBrooks
CodeandLanna, Manager at Code, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2013

Many thanks for the 'amazing place' review.It is very nice to hear that 'loved every minute' of your stay with us.I will thank the staff on your behalf and give a special 'shout out' to Ice and Joe.
It seems that you enjoyed everything about your stay from the food to the drinks and on to the spa.
I hope that you are enjoying looking back at us from Koh Pangan and that you will pop in on your way back through Koh Samui.
Thanks again Callum and all the best for your return to Dubai.

Bets regards,

Reviewed July 8, 2013

So, after a huge 6 months crazy busy with my new job and starting my MBA at Uni, I left Perth at 1am and arrived at the reception at Code at 9am. Greeted with a cold towel and little fruit drink, lazing by the pool by 10am. Booked in for a 4pm massage and facial until 6pm ( ask for Aim, she has magic hands and was unreal ) my god I don't remember the facial, I was asleep and relaxed, what a first day, felt like I had been away for ages. Code is great if like all the great guests I met you want something not too busy but with good food and amazing room with a sensational view.
So if you want to relax book it! You won't be disappointed, and by the way I have stayed in some unbelievable places around the world and for the money this rates very very highly. One more tip, Haad little beach restaurant has the best food down below, I have amazing whole steamed fish, prawn pineapple and cucumber salad, Tom Yum etc so good! I didn't see alot of Koh Samui but that suited me and the time by the pool and my room was the best!
Enjoy! Jase - Perth WA

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Jason A
CodeandLanna, Manager at Code, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2013

Thanks Jase for sharing your experience on trip adviser. I know you had a great time as you told me so many time but it is nice that you posted as well.
I will pass on your compliments to Aim as i,m sure that she will like the feed back.
I,m glad that you liked that little restaurant so much. I certainly do. It,s one of the best i know on the island.Janet was eating there after you left and advising other guests to go there!.
Once again Jase thanks for the review and see you next time that your on Samui.

Reviewed July 7, 2013

From the moment you're greeted by fabulous Joe & Ice, everything is taken care of. Everyone is given a mobile phone so if you ever get lost you can call reception & they can help you. The design of the hotel & every room is impeccable clean design. Your room has everything you need for a relaxing retreat. The infinity pool is divine looking out over the water. Also there is free wifi everywhere in hotel. They also have a fabulous day spa, where you can be pampered. Tours can be easily arranged for you with ease. A sensational hotel, where you feel relaxed. Absolutely loved it & will definitely be back!

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Sares32
Reviewed July 2, 2013

My husband booked this beautiful hotel for a one night stay on our way to Koh Tao. The hotel is extremely modern and well thought out with beautiful furniture and friendly staff.

It would have been lovely to have stayed a few more nights, the lovely pool was a great way to relax after the flight from Sydney.

We would definitely recommend!

Room Tip: We stayed in an Ocean View room which was beautiful but it looks like all rooms are of a similar hig...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank happywanderingHC
CodeandLanna, Manager at Code, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2013

Thank you 'happywanderinghc' for posting a great review after only spending one night with us. We are glad to hear that even with just one night at the hotel that you were impressed enough to post a review.Will you i wonder be dropping in on the way back from koh toa ?.
The 'ocean view' rooms are indeed fantastic but as you say all of our rooms are of a similar high quality. They are in fact all the same. The only difference being which floor they are on but all enjoying a great view.
Once more thank you for the great review.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

This was my first stay at Code but my 4th trip to Thailand itself. I like the islands, but am always keen to stay away from the busier parts of Koh Samui and 'Code' delivered in spades. From the view, the pool, comfort, price and service. Everything you need is at the resort, so you never really need to leave if you don't have a lot of time. I had 2 weeks, hired a scooter and found that to be a great way to get around. I would highly recommend the spa. The massages were amazing! I spent 2 weeks there and can say I have never been so relaxed in a long time. Even the view from bed was spectacular.....If you're looking for somewhere that is peaceful and away from it all, then this is the place. Great walk up to the top of the mountain nearby. Not for the fainthearted but I highly recommend it - I left details with Reception for anyone who is interested! Do yourself a favour and stay at 'Code', you won't regret it!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank 660WorldTraveller660
CodeandLanna, Manager at Code, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2013

Thank you ' 660worldtraveller', awesome is a great compliment.We are very happy to hear that after 3 previous visits to Thailand that we came up with so much to impress you.
I will thank the spa girls for you and tell then that you had such a great time.
Yes we are away from the madness of Chewang and thankfully that is exactly what you needed and were very happy with what you got.
The walk up the mountain is indeed Great and i appreciate the time and effort that you put into helping us to share this experience with other guests.
Once again thank you for such a good review.

Reviewed June 28, 2013

Dont normally leave reviews but this is the best hotel we have ever stayed in- 3 nights, £50 a night. Honesty this would be over £200/n easily in England (minus the view)

Rooms and all areas are spotless and the layout and facilities are amazing

Best swimming pool view seen (pool clean too)

Staff are courteous, informative and will help you with anything you need

Bit far from chaweng and lamai, however if you don't want to go there it doesn't matter- can hire a moped for 300 baht and be there in half an hour.

Food in restaurants on beach a bottom of hill- excellent- as is the food in the restaurant!

Overall would thoroughly reccomend - extremely relaxing

• Stayed: June 2013
3  Thank Chris T
CodeandLanna, Manager at Code, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2013

Thank you Congle1 for your glowing review. Especially as you say that you never leave reviews.We will take that as an extra compliment. As for comparing the room rates with England, well there really is no comparison. I believe that you will be very hard pushed to find a hotel room like ours anywhere in the world for that money.
I will thank our staff for you in regards to being courteous , friendly and helpful. Not to mention the cleanliness that you mention.
Once again thank you, 'the best hotel stay ever' really is the best compliment that you can give us.

best regards

#10 of 104 in Chaweng
Lanna Samui
Lanna Samui
#4 of 185 in Bophut

Been to Code? Share your experiences!