“Nice hotel/residence”

Grand Hill Residence
Ranked #8 of 35 Mae Nam B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 26, 2012

I stay w/ my wife, it was unforgetable memories which i was a wonderful decision that i choose to stay at this hotel, we really enjoyed our vacation at Samui island, we spend a half day just hv a leisure within premise, the view was fantastic from the lobby.
Big room & spacious with a well developed hotel room facilities (bathtub with jet air jaccusi) it view to neighbour island from the bath room.
the restaurant food was delicious & value for money.
Hotel staff all was friendliness & helpful.
I really would recommend this hotel/residence to all who need travelling for leisure, especially for honeymooner.
I will definitely come back here next time with my families/friends.

Room Tip: just drop in everything perfect.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed June 14, 2012

We were very positive suprised with this hotel. Hotel is very beautiful, with a great view. Our room was perfect, big, clean. The best part was Bathroom, with a shower and a bath-jacuzzi. The staff was very helpfull. Breakfast was also great, from a menu. We were so happy, because there were very few people and we had a swimming pool all to our selfs. I would't return in a second.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 5, 2012

I dont understand the previous review at all but then I guess everything is subjective and my experience was totally different to the previous reviewers.

I stayed at Grand Hill Residence for 5 nights. It is a new hotel and they are having a "soft opening" which means there are very few guests and they are trying to sort the place out before opening properly. This is reflected in the price you pay at the moment.

Grand Hill Residence is the place to go for peace and tranquility. If you are looking for night life etc then this isnt the place for you but if you want some peace and quiet I highly recommend it. In saying that, you can easily hire a car or scooter via the hotel to get around the island and driving in Samui is easy.

The previous reviewer talked about brown fountains, insects etc. I saw none of these issues. My room was spotless (I had G04 - Ground floor near the swimming pool). It had a lovely terrace to lie out on which did indeed get the afternoon sun. The swimming pool is an infinity pool with a nice view and an inbuilt jacuzzi. Each room that I saw also had a jacuzzi and very large LCD TVs. (There were 3 of us and we had 3 rooms). Infact the hotel was such good value that my 2 friends stayed on for an extra 6 nights.

Staff in the hotel were great. Anything you wanted they would go out of their way to provide. I couldnt recommend this place enough and if you contact them direct you will most likely get a better price than on websites. I find it a real pity that the previous review was so scathing as from my perspective, it really isnt warranted.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank london_ozgal
Reviewed January 26, 2012

We don't understand what previous reviewer are talking about. We had 2 nights booked here and checked out after just 1. This place has only been open for a couple of months and already its seems to be forgotten by the owner. Like the fountain has brown dirty water, nobody cares about taking care of this place.
It looks nothing like luxury (what we thought it was). It just looks like a big simple building from the outside.
We first got the wrong room at the bottom floor, we got another huge room with too much empty space (the interior is just tacky, not luxurious), there was a 5 cm long cockroach running around in the kitchen(!!!) and on the floor in the kitchen there where many tiny ants walking around, we found dead bugs of all sizes everywhere which shows that the place hasn't been cleaned in a long time or anyone has been staying there, the pool has shadow from noon and you can't sit in the sun anywhere else since on the front its only a road, the beach is really far away so you cant really walk there, the electricity went out (only the Grand hill) twice during the evening though the weather was clear... We have stay in better bungalows than this so called luxury place. wouldnt recommend this place to anyone so dont be tricked by the reviews below.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank PutteANDCarro
Reviewed January 25, 2012

This new hotel is offering 7 nights for only £250, this is a fantastic offer for such a fab hotel,
their web site shows how it looks, the restaurant is superb, so why pay for a shack when you can stay in luxury. This hotel is also ideal for weddings, we cannot wait to return, if booking mention my name Chris for the special offer, do not wait they are not for ever, once the word gets out you will not get in !

Room Tip: all rooms are first class and facilitiies to match
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 9, 2012

This place is brand new and tends to be a bit empty at the moment. If you are seeking for a quiet place with a decent view on the ocean and good service, this is the place you want to book.
The staff is excellent and very caring. Bee was always around to talk to me and helped out where she could.
Kitchen also looks nice, but I still prefer exploring the cities for nice restaurants.
My room was huge and had a really nice view on the pool and the ocean.

• Stayed: January 2012
2  Thank Tobsch
Reviewed November 21, 2011

What a great experience. The apartments were spotless and staff excellent. Our very kind and caring Manager looked after us with ease. The chef was well defined in his expertise in the Dining room. I would hope to see this place on everyone wish list.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
#11 of 30 in Mae Nam
Code
Code
#2 of 30 in Mae Nam

Been to Grand Hill Residence? Share your experiences!