“My favourite in Thailand”
Review of Uncle Noi

Uncle Noi
Ranked #35 of 112 Restaurants in Mae Nam
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed January 3, 2014 via mobile

A group of 3 we travelled Thailand for 3 weeks visiting a number of areas, North, West and East. This was my favourite restaurant of the whole trip.

Service was perfect. Pepper steak was the best I had (I tried 5 places, various prices, this was the best value). Another evening They had ran out of steak so I was recommended and had fried red snapper with garlic and pepper. Another amazing dish, their seafood is so fresh. Skillfully cooked, super tasty. My friends had different Thai currys over our two vista. All perfect.

The seating is Thai Cafè style, the atmosphere was relaxed. Lots of regulars visiting shows the quality of the food.

Please look past the decor (it's not restaurant standard but who cares!) and take into account the value and superb food. Will be missed now we're moving away from Mea nam. Highly recommended.

1  Thank Asa B

Reviewed December 26, 2013

The title says it all really. The food is as good as anything I have eaten in 4 weeks in Thailand; and the staff are really switched on. I could not understand why it was so quiet . Give it a go!

1  Thank John R
Reviewed November 9, 2013

I am told the original Uncle Noi is not well, but his niece/daughter is providing a wonderful dining experience on Koh Samui. We (3 friends) ate there twice in Oct '13 and adored the ambience both times. Located right next to the main road with pebble floor and open kitchen, the food is to die for! The kitchen is spotless and the service friendly and efficient. Try the Massama Curry and the Whole fish with Garlic and Pepper- neither are hot but delicious.

3  Thank John F
Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

You have to try the steak here , it's awesome! So big and amazing taste great value for money, be prepared be hungry be very hungry !!

1  Thank ryan m
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Come eat here for an authentic Thai experience. I love the sunsets and the beach vibes (see three other reviews of restaurants in Mae Nam) but if you are looking for a more realistic Thai eating experience, this is the place. Great food and plenty of fans! Away from the tourists and cocktails.

1  Thank Justine S